Posting End Date:
Number of Opening:
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
This role will manage complex strategic projects and lead diverse project teams to ensure quality, on-time and on-budget delivery. Working collaboratively with various internal department staff, processes and outsourced resources to understand the issues, determine root causes, implement solutions and ensure the change is sustained.
Major Job Functions:
- Manages multiple projects following the Finning Project Management and Continuous Improvement Methodologies leading the corresponding project teams
- Work with Business Owners, Process Owners, and key stakeholders to develop and maintain various project charters and road maps
- Provide support to other staff on project management tools and approaches (project plans, reporting mechanisms, work plan management etc.) where appropriate. Champion project management and continuous improvement within the Finning organization. Coordinate team members (Project Leads) on larger initiatives in conjunction with Process Improvement Manager
- Develop and manage approved project roadmaps and programs for the business area.
- Ensures approved projects are delivered on time and on budget, meeting the needs of the business
- Adhere to established Finning Project Management and Continuous Improvement Methodologies and Change Management models
- Utilizing various tools, data and processes, identify opportunities for the use of alternative options that improve efficiency and/or effectiveness of the operation
- Provides guidance and mentorship to Project Leads to promote development
- Represent the company in an ethical and professional manner and maintain confidentiality
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to influence without authority
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and synthesizing skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Manage ambiguity
- Motivated by challenges
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Leadership skills
- Customer driven
- Strong project management skills
- Effective presentation and facilitation skills
- Knowledge of various programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
- Strong knowledge of various project management methodologies including business improvement methodologies (Lean Six Sigma)
- Understands and adheres to Finning policies and procedures, including safety
- Working with Finning, CAT and our customer to advance the 4 initiatives in order to improve the performance of the Caterpillar fleet
- Need strong ability to influence without authority
- Fluency in Spanish is an asset
Education & Experience:
- Training in Process Management, Change Management, Quality Management, and/or Lean Methodologies
- Relevant business experience with increasing responsibilities over five of more years. Consulting experience is an asset
- 3+ years’ experience in Project Management with a focus on business improvement and change management
- Familiarity with the Caterpillar organization is an asset
- This is a fixed term , full time position
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Organization Overview Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public...
Flatiron is one of North America’s leading transportation and infrastructure companies. Flatiron builds roads, highways, bridges, rail, airports, dams, industrial, water and underground projects...
Job Description As a result of growth & internal opportunities, E&W has an opening for a career-oriented Environmental Scientist or Engineer in our Fort St. John Office. RESPONSIBILITIES Project...
Job Description SNC-Lavalin is currently seeking a junior level Environmental Technician or Project Scientist for our Fort St. John office. This employment opportunity will allow the successful...
Job Description Our Fort St. John office combines the attraction of living in a smaller community with the opportunities and challenges available in our dynamic and growth-oriented Northern BC...
Company Overview Aker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of...
Organization Overview Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and...
Flatiron is one of North America’s leading transportation and infrastructure...
Job Description As a result of growth & internal opportunities, E&W has an opening for a...
Job Description SNC-Lavalin is currently seeking a junior level Environmental Technician or...
Job Description Our Fort St. John office combines the attraction of living in a smaller...
Company Overview Aker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products,...