Posting End Date:
Number of Opening:
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
This role will manage complex strategic projects and lead diverse project teams to ensure quality, on-time and on-budget delivery. Working collaboratively with various internal department staff, processes and outsourced resources to understand the issues, determine root causes, implement solutions and ensure the change is sustained.
Major Job Functions:
- Manages multiple projects following the Finning Project Management and Continuous Improvement Methodologies leading the corresponding project teams
- Work with Business Owners, Process Owners, and key stakeholders to develop and maintain various project charters and road maps
- Provide support to other staff on project management tools and approaches (project plans, reporting mechanisms, work plan management etc.) where appropriate. Champion project management and continuous improvement within the Finning organization. Coordinate team members (Project Leads) on larger initiatives in conjunction with Process Improvement Manager
- Develop and manage approved project roadmaps and programs for the business area.
- Ensures approved projects are delivered on time and on budget, meeting the needs of the business
- Adhere to established Finning Project Management and Continuous Improvement Methodologies and Change Management models
- Utilizing various tools, data and processes, identify opportunities for the use of alternative options that improve efficiency and/or effectiveness of the operation
- Provides guidance and mentorship to Project Leads to promote development
- Represent the company in an ethical and professional manner and maintain confidentiality
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to influence without authority
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and synthesizing skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Manage ambiguity
- Motivated by challenges
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Leadership skills
- Customer driven
- Strong project management skills
- Effective presentation and facilitation skills
- Knowledge of various programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
- Strong knowledge of various project management methodologies including business improvement methodologies (Lean Six Sigma)
- Understands and adheres to Finning policies and procedures, including safety
- Working with Finning, CAT and our customer to advance the 4 initiatives in order to improve the performance of the Caterpillar fleet
- Need strong ability to influence without authority
- Fluency in Spanish is an asset
Education & Experience:
- Training in Process Management, Change Management, Quality Management, and/or Lean Methodologies
- Relevant business experience with increasing responsibilities over five of more years. Consulting experience is an asset
- 3+ years’ experience in Project Management with a focus on business improvement and change management
- Familiarity with the Caterpillar organization is an asset
- This is a fixed term , full time position
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Requisition ID: 16352 Job Category: Energy; Engineering; New Graduate Location: St. John's, NL, Canada With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and...
Requisition ID: 15747 Job Category: Engineering With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are...
LOCATION: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador (CA-NL) JOB NUMBER: 25203 Job Overview Reporting to the lead, reliability engineer, you will provide technical support for the automation networks...
Req Id: 213002 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential. To ensure we...
LOCATION: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador (CA-NL) JOB NUMBER: 25324 Job Overview Reporting to the east coast joint venture (JV) geology and geophysics team lead, you will be an integral part...
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together...
Requisition ID: 16352 Job Category: Energy; Engineering; New Graduate Location: St. John's, NL,...
Requisition ID: 15747 Job Category: Engineering With over six decades of business and technical...
LOCATION: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador (CA-NL) JOB NUMBER: 25203 Job Overview Reporting...
Req Id: 213002 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined...
LOCATION: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador (CA-NL) JOB NUMBER: 25324 Job Overview Reporting...
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that...