Civeo is a global workforce accommodation specialist that helps people maintain healthy, productive and connected lives while living and working away from home. Our unique approach focuses on guest wellbeing, operational efficiency, community building and a property development mindset – making us a leading provider of accommodation solutions.
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Construction, a Project Manager will oversee construction projects and bring them from conception to conclusion while keeping to a schedule, adhering to project design and specifications, and working within the project budget in order to meet stakeholders' requirements. The job will include organizing, budgeting, coordinating, and evaluating construction projects in the area of accommodations and other types of factory built structures from early development to completion according to schedules, specifications and budgets. This is a permanent, full-time, salary position.
- Plan, organize, direct, and evaluate construction projects in modular accommodations business, which includes preparation and submitting project designs, plans and specifications in conjunction with Engineering, SCM, Construction and other teams.
- Assist with the preparation of contracts and negotiation of revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Coordinate the installation of the lodge infrastructure, including machinery, equipment, electrical, mechanical, heating and plumbing systems.
- Plan and manage budgets for construction projects, which includes preparation, submission of budget estimates and tracking all project financials with the assistance from Project Control team.
- Manage contracts; prepare change orders to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, subcontractors, and other stakeholders and award meetings as required.
- Arrange and conduct project kick-off and closeout meetings.
- Read and interpret drawings, corresponding building codes and specifications for project installations to ensure technical information is current and in compliance with project requirements and legislative standards.
- Ensure projects are completed as scheduled and within a budget, which includes schedule control, following project “Gated Process”, prioritization, establishing methods for meeting work schedules, coordinating work activities with other departments and meeting the commitments.
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules, which includes tracking the Engineering and manufacturing statuses, recording all “Project as-builts” and change orders (CO).
- Coordinate with Construction Managers all on site as-builts, CO and client communications.
- Prepare work progress and other reports and issue progress schedules to clients.
- Ensure work audits are completed and recommendations are implemented.
- Conduct continuous risk assessment through life cycle of all projects.
- Coordinate purchasing, which includes working as a liaison with Supply Chain Management in materials, equipment and supplies requisitions to ensure materials are received in an orderly and timely fashion.
- Develop and maintain standards for construction projects and quality of products and services, which includes developing and implementing quality control programs with support of the construction team.
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and quality of services.
- Support culture of continuous improvement. Review suggestions, provide support for implementation of suggestions, and generate new ideas.
- Monitor workflow and labor levels to identify manpower requirements, which includes capacity planning, auditing standard work and ensuring employees have competency levels and training required to perform the job.
- Ensure cost efficiency and effectiveness of construction projects by managing labor hours and expenditures.
- Completion of college diploma in a related technical field e.g., Construction Engineering Technology or Business Administration. Journeyperson certification or extensive related work experience can be an equivalency.
- Certificate in Project Management.
- Valid driver’s license and clean 5-year driver’s abstract.
- Minimum 10 years of proven experience in project management roles in the construction industry. Strong knowledge of construction industry practices, processes and regulations.
- Focus on safety, quality of work and environmental awareness.
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance legislation.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Windows and MS Office Suite.
- Great communication, interpersonal and coordination skills.
- Proven record of accomplishment of analyzing project scope, cost and schedules.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a project team.
- Superior leadership abilities with a demonstrated record of accomplishment of dealing successfully with internal and external customers.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize responsibilities.
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic and conflict resolution skills.
- Superb facilitation of meetings, feedback sessions and briefings in order to create consensus among stakeholders.
- Strong ability to meet project deadlines.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Considerable travel of a short duration may be required between various construction projects in Western Canada.
We provide great work conditions and an excellent compensation package. To apply, please submit your resume online to https://civeo.com/people-careers/job-opportunities/
Civeo is committed to the principle of employment equity. We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest.
18-S55 Project Manager
Job Posting Job ID: 32444 Vancouver - Point Grey Campus Location: Employment Group: Management&Professional (AAPS) Job Category: Information Systems & Tech Classification...
Description About the position: Guggenheim Partners is seeking an exceptional Director Development & Construction to join its Real Estate team. This individual will be responsible for managing and...
Skip to Main Content Back Job Description Careers Home Previous Job Job Title Project Manager Next Job Apply for Job Job ID 301664 Location Calgary, Alberta, Canada Full/Part...
Description Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9...
Job Posting Job ID: 32303 Vancouver - Point Grey Campus Location: Employment Group: Management&Professional (AAPS) Job Category: Information Systems & Tech Classification...
Job Posting Job ID: 32449 Vancouver - Point Grey Campus Location: Employment Group: Management&Professional (AAPS) Job Category: Information Systems & Tech Classification...
Job Posting Job ID: 32444 Vancouver - Point Grey Campus Location: Employment...
Description About the position: Guggenheim Partners is seeking an exceptional Director...
Skip to Main Content Back Job Description Careers Home Previous Job Job Title Project...
Description Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th...
Job Posting Job ID: 32303 Vancouver - Point Grey Campus Location: Employment...
Job Posting Job ID: 32449 Vancouver - Point Grey Campus Location: Employment...