Transportation Digital Solutions
- Plan and implement projects at various customer work sites in the US and abroad, including the activities of staff and subcontractors
- Primary customer contact for the duration of each project. May commission, resolve specification issues, handle correspondence, provide periodic updates, ensure customer satisfaction, and negotiate/coordinate with staff as appropriate
- Proactively provide customers with product and services information and project updates
- Identify opportunities for customers to get the best value out of GE software
- Translate customer needs / requirements into detailed project plans while driving internal execution to meet project targets
- Manage a network of resources (including contractors) in support of project execution.
- Identify opportunities to expand the project in ways that bring value to our customer and satisfy our profitability requirements
- Take part in the writing of reports that describe the results of a project
- Participate in the development of proposals for projects
- Manage the project budget and timeline and ensure the resources are available to complete the project within budget and on time in order to meet customer obligations
- Ensure that delivered products and services achieve highest quality and performance levels
- Negotiate change orders with the customers
- Professionally represent GE during all customer communications
- Lead a varied staff that will include employees, customers, partner companies, or subcontractors
The Project Management Specialist will manage software implementation. The successful candidate will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes within the IDI segment. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business go.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college with at least 0-3 years of experience in an engineering or project management position
At least 0-3 additional years of experience in a project management, engineering or manufacturing role
At least 0-3 years of project management experience working in a lead capacity implementing projects in a field environment
- Previous experience in the software industry, preferably software services
- Understanding of GE software products such as Predix, Proficy, CSense
- Proactively makes or recommends decisions based on in-depth analysis; Able to define critical problems to be solved; Identifies data sources required to execute analytic; With guidance from manager, able to select and conduct advanced analytic techniques; Uses a formal process to present findings and recommend specific actions that relate to business objectives; Proposes alternative business strategies as appropriate.
- Can follow processes without assistance. Recognizes variations to the process and works to resolve independently. Adapt to gaps or exceptions to the processes and adjust accordingly. Ability to interact with the customer demonstrating expertise and insight, and manage expectations. Identify and report when there is deviation on scope, schedule or budget.
- Increases client engagement to further pace and focus required to achieve business priorities and uncover desired outcomes for both the customer and GE; utilizes business acumen and domain experience to advise the customer on critical success factors for the initiative at hand; continuously influences the customer to think ahead on what is needed to acquire, deploy, and utilize the solution. Engages and influences other business functions to deliver to customer success factors. Demonstrates empathy and drives actions based on customer situations and needs.
- Anticipates potential risks and obstacles and resolves proactively in order to ensure smooth project delivery. Addresses customer concerns quickly and effectively; at times, anticipates customer concerns before they become issues.
- Acts in a consultative capacity and is provided access to key decision makers throughout the customer account. Establishes strong relationship with key decision makers and other leaders at multiple levels within customer organization.
- Helps team members understand their contributions in support of the broader direction. Continuously measures the completion rate of personal and team deliverables and compares them to the scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives.
- Engages positively across multiple departments, GE businesses and customers to manage conflict and establish clarity, vision, and mutual trust in order to achieve a business goal. Models collaborative behavior to encode these behaviors among team members, fostering an environment of openness and mutual trust.
- Adjusts information (e.g. level of complexity) and story to align with audience. Produces functional area information in sufficient detail for cross-functional teams to utilize, using presentation and storytelling concepts. Informs stakeholders of key customer issues, identifies potential problems or conflicts and resolves them when necessary.
- Defines objectives, problem statements, and ambiguities before generating and evaluating solutions. Evaluates possible solutions with heuristic or other rational criteria that are made explicit to collaborators. Identifies and formally describes ambiguities and assumptions with the stakeholders.
- Persists on completion of endeavors, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks.
- Uncovers and articulates critical success factors necessary for the customer to acquire, implement, and utilize a solution; assists customer in identifying shortcomings, even when they could delay a commercial decision
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Senior Project Manager Eagle is assisting our client in the search for a Senior Project Manager. This is an eighteen (18) month contract position with a top tier company scheduled to begin...
Senior Project Manager Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in May. Key Responsibilities The successful candidate will...
Assistant Project Manager - Operational Readiness and Move Management, Colliers Project Leaders, 5 daysBE Totally Engaged. BE Business Savvy. BE the Right Partner. Be all that and more at Colliers Project Leaders. As Colliers Project Leaders continues to attract exciting project opportunities, we...
Senior Project Manager Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager. This is a seven (7) month, contract position scheduled to start in May. Key Responsibilities The successful candidate...
Information Technology - Ottawa MaxSys is currently looking for an Special Advisor, Intermediate for our Federal Client. Experience: Must clearly demonstrate 3 years experience (2 of which must...
Project Architect - 1 Tracking Code 2275-737 Job Description RESPONSIBILITIES: Leadership Responsible for ensuring the overall design intent of the project established by the Project Designer is...
Senior Project Manager Eagle is assisting our client in the search for a Senior Project Manager....
Senior Project Manager Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager. This is a six (6)...
Assistant Project Manager - Operational Readiness and Move Management, Colliers Project Leaders, 5 daysBE Totally Engaged. BE Business Savvy. BE the Right Partner. Be all that and more at Colliers...
Senior Project Manager Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager. This is a seven (7)...
Information Technology - Ottawa MaxSys is currently looking for an Special Advisor, Intermediate...
Project Architect - 1 Tracking Code 2275-737 Job...