JOB POSTING #829794
Position: Project Coordinator, FM-PRO, Planning & Integration
Site: Toronto Western Hospital
Reports to: Project Manager
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Status: Temporary Full-Time (12 month contract with potential for renewal)
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Manager, Facilities Operations in our FM-PRO Department.
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here .
As an integral member of the FM-PRO Department, the PROJECT COORDINATOR, coordinates capital project activities under the direction of the Project Manager, FM-PRO – Planning and Integration. The principal responsibilities include: coordinating capital project planning activities (including MOHLTC requirements); performing administrative responsibilities to ensure the efficient and effective project execution in alignment with schedule and budget; performing other duties consistent with the job classification as assigned/requested.
- Supports Planning and Integration PM with day to day activities and tasks
- Performs administrative responsibilities to ensure the efficient and effective project planning
- Assembles materials for contracts, Ministry of Health, RFP’s
- Maintains electronic project file database
- Schedules meetings with multiple stakeholders with complex calendars, manages meeting calendars
- Assists PM with the development of presentations
- Books meeting rooms, arranges necessary AV equipment and display materials, arranges catering, when necessary
- Attends meetings for minute taking
- Assists in sourcing and filing project materials, i.e. reports, drawings
- Assists in preparation of regular project progress reports
- Assists with data collection, data entry, AutoCAD drawing retrieval
- Coordinates information requests with internal departments, as required
- Coordinates with UHN staff and external contacts to facilitate tours and presentations, including scheduling, document preparation, transportation and accommodation coordination
- Assists with procurement process, including assembly of RFP filing materials, contract assembly and binding, purchase orders, invoice management
- Assist with furniture and equipment inventory activities
- Assists with decant planning
- Assist with wayfinding and donor recognition coordination
- Communicates any risks or issues to Project Manager
- At a minimum, completion of a 3-year community college program in Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Interior Design, Urban Planning, or equivalent experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification an asset.
- Demonstrated experiencing utilizing project management tools, i.e. document management, scheduling, budget tracking
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, to both internal and external stakeholders required.
- Strong experience in coordination of multi-stakeholder meetings, including preparation of presentation materials, meeting minutes and meeting agendas
- Ability to identify issues and problem solve
- Experience with functional programming and design User Groups an asset
- Experience in data management in MS excel
- Ability to work positively with various stakeholders and team members
- Responsive to urgent demands and short time lines
- Strong time management and organizational skills required.
- Effective conflict-management skills required
- Minimum 5+ years’ related practical experience
- Scheduling skills in MS Project an asset
- Presentation skills in MS PowerPoint an asset
- Experience with AutoCAD asset.
- Experience working in hospital an asset.
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: September 6, 2018 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply. University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Project Manager, Water/Wastewater Planning and Studies, New Infrastructure Public Works- Water/Wastewater Are you a seasoned Project Manager with strong report writing skills? Do you have work...
Organization Overview Aecon Group Inc. is an industry-leading construction and infrastructure development company at the forefront of our economy’s strongest growth sectors – Infrastructure,...
BE Strategic. BE Totally Engaged. BE the Right Partner. Be all that and more at Colliers Project Leaders. Colliers Project Leaders is experiencing unprecedented growth. The Education sector...
BE Totally Engaged. BE Business Savvy. BE the Right Partner. Be all that and more at Colliers Project Leaders. Colliers Project Leaders is experiencing unprecedented growth. The Education sector...
What is the opportunity? We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Systems Analyst with the Run The Bank Operations group responsible for providing first and second line...
Maxim Recruitment is looking for a dynamic Program Director / Programme Director with exceptional design and construction project management experience to join the civil engineering and...
Project Manager, Water/Wastewater Planning and Studies, New Infrastructure Public Works-...
Organization Overview Aecon Group Inc. is an industry-leading construction and infrastructure...
BE Strategic. BE Totally Engaged. BE the Right Partner. Be all that and more at Colliers Project...
BE Totally Engaged. BE Business Savvy. BE the Right Partner. Be all that and more at Colliers...
What is the opportunity? We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Systems...
Maxim Recruitment is looking for a dynamic Program Director / Programme Director with...