AECOM is seeking a Nuclear Project Controls Manager to be based in our Toronto, ON location. An ideal candidate must be local or willing to relocate to the area.
AECOM’s Construction Services Canada has multiple opportunities for experienced Project Controls Manager to support the successful completion of a range of projects across the region.
Working as part of a dynamic, consulting environment, you will have the opportunity to work on a range of projects within the Resources and Industrial fields, with a current focus on the underground mine infrastructure space. Our team of industry experts and network of technical specialists will support the development of your technical and project management capabilities, giving you the opportunity to support project delivery to a broad range of clients and industry sectors. Working across mining, minerals processing, chemicals and defence will give you a broad exposure and help build your career.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
Project Controls Managers are responsible for applying sound judgment and experience to effective leadership of the project controls function on a project toward the accomplishment of project-defined goals and objectives. Project controls provides the tools and systems necessary to effectively and proactively manage, control, and report on cost and schedule for concurrent projects throughout the organization.
- Services include planning cost and schedule (work breakdown structure) metrics and tools, collecting performance data (installed quantities, expended labor hours, and other progress measurements for direct hire and subcontract work), tracking data (daily cost compilation and monitoring), analyzing (earned value, productivity, critical path and risk analysis), and reporting.
- Identifies and tracks all changes or potential changes to the project scope, ensuring estimates of cost changes and schedule impact are given visibility with the client and project management.
- Integrates cost and schedule data and reporting with the company’s accounting and management information systems to facilitate meeting company performance and financial goals.
- May also be involved in change control management, document control management, and critical path method network analysis.
- Skilled in the development of commercial strategies.
- Capable of participating in negotiations.
- Requires a demonstrated ability to effectively lead the project controls function on a medium to large project.
- Documents employee performance issues and plays an instrumental role in resolution as appropriate.
- Ensure Leadership Development and Succession Planning programs are implemented and effectiely promoted in conjunction with skills development, mentoring, coaching, and experience broadening.
- Conducts root cause analysis.
- Drafts comprehensive project procedures.
- Supports the Project Director / Manager with preparation of, and presentation of reports on project milestones including negotiated Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as agreed to with Clients
- Support and ensure all risk identification and mitigation programs and procedures are followed to de-risk the work for both the Company and the Client
- Experience with Cleopatra for development of estimates, complete with capability to translate estimates from Cleopatra to Prism
- Ability to interface / map Client Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) to Company WBS for internal reporting requirements
- Possesses proven knowledge of scope control and change management.
- Utilizes extensive knowledge of construction contracting including the manner in which contract type effects implementation of project controls systems.
- Reviews performance trends, prepares analysis and cost impact and monthly project performance reports, and recommends contractor invoices for approval.
- Evaluates manpower, labor hour, and labor cost requirements versus budget limitations.
- Oversees the production and maintenance of accurate project schedules. Expert understanding of schedule resource loading and leveling.
- Assists the Project Director/Manager in budgeting and managing incentive programs.
- Holds an expert understanding of schedule, critical path analysis, resource loading and leveling.
- Establishes and maintains client relationships.
- Has the ability to review and analyze project program and oversee the production of accurate progress/performance reports.
- Able to review and assess (as required) raw data that comes from project automated systems.
- Serves as a key participant in client and/or subcontractor negotiations
- Participates in staffing decisions for projects.
- Ensures that a tracking database is developed and maintained to cross check subcontractor funding is aligned with work authorization and expenditures.
- Involved in tracking system to insure that Project Management team is fully aware of detailed change order status.
Field Project Manager - CCTV Systems - WD30055684291 What you will do: Leads Tyco Retail Solutions projects for assigned retail accounts. Provides subject matter expertise in areas including...
Project Administrator - WD30055539290 What you will do Project Administrator will assist the Project Managers in managing a portfolio of projects, coordinating with the customer, design manager,...
Junior Project Manager-FC0066379 Description Fujitsu Canada is currently seeking a full time, permanent Junior Project Manager/Project Support Analyst to join our solutions team in Toronto as part...
Organization Overview Aecon Construction Group Inc. is the largest publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company in Canada. Aecon’s expertise covers the full range of...
Project Coordinator - High Rises - MUST speak Mandarin Title: Project Coordinator Location: Toronto Salary: competitive Job type: Full time International company building high rise projects in...
Associate Project Manager, Digital Projects and eCommerce - C04QTL The Associate Project Manager, Digital Projects will ensure successful delivery of the Omni channel commerce platform – enabling...
Field Project Manager - CCTV Systems - WD30055684291 What you will do: Leads Tyco...
Project Administrator - WD30055539290 What you will do Project Administrator will assist the...
Junior Project Manager-FC0066379 Description Fujitsu Canada is currently seeking a full time,...
Organization Overview Aecon Construction Group Inc. is the largest publicly traded construction...
Project Coordinator - High Rises - MUST speak Mandarin Title: Project Coordinator Location:...
Associate Project Manager, Digital Projects and eCommerce - C04QTL The Associate Project...