CAN - Ontario
AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Project Accounting Manager for immediate employment in the Markham, ON office.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, those listed below:
- Assist Area Finance Manager (AFM) in preparation of weekly pro-formas to run rate monthly performance expectations
- Assist with monthly reserve file update
- Assist with other monthly close processing initiatives as required
- Review RAR backup and track the processing of the related monthly events
- Perform monthly SG&A and IDL cost reviews to ensure accuracy in cost coding
- Assist with the review and updating of Sources of Revenue files as required
- Support WC action plans in the area by engaging in meetings with operations leaders and assisting with execution plans
- Assist in preparing DPE projections
- Assist in providing updates to the monthly Outlook
- Attend cash and performance calls to drive and follow up on outstanding actions
- Perform reporting for AFM or Operational leaders as required
- Schedule and administer meetings with project teams where deep dive project reviews are required
- Assist with annual budgeting process.
- Review Project Accounting team portfolio metrics monthly to monitor performance and progress.
- Offer effective one on one discussion with Project Accounting team to examine progress with goals, development plans, training needs, morale and job satisfaction
- Engage as the financial partner to the Project Manager and project teams
- Engage in regular meetings with project managers and/or project delivery teams on the status of projects
- Work in cooperation with the project controls team
- Participate in project review preparation, execution, and follow up; work proactively with project managers to monitor and correct project financial issues
- Assist Project Manager with project setup, project monitoring, system updating and closeout
- Assist project manager with the preparation and regular monthly update of the EAC
- Ensure that financial reporting for pending change orders are reflected correctly in ePM, and appropriate approvals and documentation are in place
- Ensure that the current budget reflects approved as-sold contract margin plus all client approved changes
- Perform weekly project analysis, costing reviews and regular financial reports for Project Management review
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 8+ years of related experience as a Project Accountant supporting project managers and project teams
- Experience with project costing methodologies for project pursuits and proposals
- Experience with Oracle
- Excellent EXCEL skills
- 10+ years of related experience as a Project Accountant supporting project managers and project teams
- Completion of, or in pursuit of a professional designation in Accounting, Finance or Masters in Business Administration
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Finance and Accounting
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
AECOM's Markham/Mississauga office is seeking a Project Management Coordinator reporting to Senior Project Managers to assist in the delivery of Municipal Infrastructure Asset Management Projects...
The Program and Construction Management (PMCM) Group of AECOM is actively seeking a pragmatic, highly talented and experienced Project Manager, Project Controls and Claims for immediate employment...
AECOM's Markham office is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our growing Buildings and Places team. The Buildings and Places Team is a vibrant and growing business line which...
The Water Division of AECOM is actively seeking a Senior Water Resources Engineer /Project Manager for immediate employment in the Markham, ON office (working from other Ontario offices including ...
The Water Division of AECOM is actively seeking a Senior Water Resources Engineer for immediate employment in the Markham, ON office (working from other Ontario offices including Kitchener,...
The Water Division of AECOM is actively seeking a Water Resources Engineer for immediate employment in the Markham, ON office (working from other Ontario offices could potentially be an option)....
AECOM's Markham/Mississauga office is seeking a Project Management Coordinator reporting to...
The Program and Construction Management (PMCM) Group of AECOM is actively seeking a pragmatic,...
AECOM's Markham office is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our growing Buildings...
The Water Division of AECOM is actively seeking a Senior Water Resources Engineer /Project...
The Water Division of AECOM is actively seeking a Senior Water Resources Engineer for immediate...
The Water Division of AECOM is actively seeking a Water Resources Engineer for immediate...