Program Officer, Extractive Industries
Calgary, ALBERTA |
about 1 month
Program Officer, EI Knowledge Hub
Last Updated Date
08/17/2020 10:06:43 AM
Extractive Industries Global Program
Location: Latin America or Africa Oxfam country office
• Associate Director, Extractive Industries and matrix management to Oxfam country office
• Extractive Industries global team; Oxfam country and regional teams in Latin America, Africa and Asia; Oxfam Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning network; Research Department; Private Sector Department; other Knowledge Hubs; and Oxfam International (OI).
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Program Officer position will support Oxfam’s influencing and programming on oil, gas and mining (extractive industries, EI) by providing strategic support to countries for program development and policy influencing work; providing knowledge management support to Oxfam’s global extractive industries network; contributing to the delivery of Oxfam’s EI Learning Agenda and gender justice objectives; coordinating online and offline learning activities to increase the effectiveness of Oxfam’s EI work; documenting and promoting case-studies of country EI work; developing internal communications products to showcase successful EI influencing activities, research, program evaluations, and gender-responsive programming; and supporting on Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning activities, in particular tracking the effectiveness of the EI Knowledge Hub.
• Create an internal communications strategy for informing and engaging Oxfam’s EI global network.
• Develop, write and/or edit internal communications products based on learning from country, regional, and global advocacy efforts.
• Serve as editorial lead for Oxfam's Intranet (Compass, Workplace), working with colleagues to plan, develop and publish content, and maintain Oxfam EI map updated.
• Provide strategic support to countries for EI policy and corporate influencing work, working closely with in-house communications group, advisers, researchers, country-based project leads, and outside contractors.
• Support new program development for Oxfam EI Global Program countries.
• Support advocacy and campaigning skills-building and trainings, specifically online learning, webinars, podcasts, and discussion groups.
• Review new research and policy developments and disseminate key lessons to the EI Knowledge Hub.
• Support fundraising initiatives for country and regional programming, as necessary.
• Support monitoring, evaluation and learning activities, as necessary.
EXPECTATIONS FOR THE POSITION
• Will stay abreast of professional standards, trends and issues affecting this set of responsibilities, demonstrating continuous learning of the field.
• Will stay abreast of trends and best practice in internal and stakeholder communications, bringing fresh insights into the organization.
• Will work effectively and collaboratively in support of building a team-based culture of work, will perform all duties appropriately for a multi-cultural environment, treating all persons with dignity and respect, and will be familiar with and committed to Oxfam America mission and goals.
• Will have an understanding of gender justice and diversity within key areas of responsibility and a commitment to promoting gender justice and diversity in our workplace and programs.
• Within key areas of responsibility, will have a commitment to providing a safe environment for staff, partners, and beneficiaries, and a commitment to promoting safeguarding in our workplace, programs, and the communities we serve.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in political science, international affairs, a development-related discipline, or communications, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Experience and Core Competencies
• 3+ years of progressively responsible relevant experience, preferably related to extractive industry issues, governance, transparency and accountability, public finance, human rights, environment, and gender.
• Strong project management skills.
• Exceptional communication skills and strong professional writing skills.
• Proven ability to design effective online and offline learning activities.
• Expertise in using online platforms for participants’ engagement.
• Experience with monitoring and evaluation.
• Ability to communicate clearly and work cooperatively in a cross-cultural setting with a number of long distance working relationships.
• Flexible, creative, and strategic thinker.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Self-starter, able to work independently or with a team.
• Spanish and/or French language competency.
• In-depth knowledge of at least one developing country or region desirable.
• HTML coding skills.
• GIS, data visualization, video editing software.
PRIOR VERSION DATE
Date noted in this section is the last updated date of the job description prior to initial Payfactors upload.
Prior Version Date: August 2020
Created By: Jessica Escott
December 16, 2019
Oxfam America is a Gender Just organization and an equal opportunity employer. We have a zero tolerance policy for any sexual harassment, exploitation, and/or abuse. We welcome all persons to apply and do not discriminate. We take measures to prevent discrimination against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links:
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish
Our client, a leader in the oil and gas industry is looking for a Senior Technical Writer for a full time 4-month contract in Calgary.
We are looking for an experience with authoring and editing...
Kelly is currently seeking an Application Maintenance and Support Developer for one of our largest oil and gas clients in Calgary, Alberta.
Job Overview: The Application Developer has knowledge...
- Graduation from an approved Combined Laboratory X-Ray Technician program. Eligible for registration with a provincial licensing body.
- One year of general experience in both laboratory and...
Kelly is looking for an Infrastructure Analyst for a 6-months assignment with one of our largest Oil and Gas Clients in Calgary.
Provides support for infrastructure technology...
Business System Analyst
Kelly Canada - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Kelly is looking for an experienced Business System Analyst for a 6-month contract with one of our largest Oil and Gas Clients in...
Kelly is looking for a Business Analyst for a 6-months contract opportunity with one of our major Oil and Gas Clients in Calgary.
Provide support of ongoing departmental...
Our client, a leader in the oil and gas industry is looking for a Senior Technical Writer for a...
Kelly is currently seeking an Application Maintenance and Support Developer for one of our...
- Graduation from an approved Combined Laboratory X-Ray Technician program. Eligible for...
Kelly is looking for an Infrastructure Analyst for a 6-months assignment with one of our largest...
Business System Analyst
Kelly Canada - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Kelly is looking for an...
Kelly is looking for a Business Analyst for a 6-months contract opportunity with one of our...