Who is JVS Toronto?
JVS Toronto believes that every individual has opportunities for employment. Since 1947, JVS Toronto has been giving the power of employment and improved learning serving 10,000 new individuals annually through career, employment, and assessment services in Toronto and York Region. We also help businesses recruit the workforce they need to be successful. JVS Toronto is a registered charity and receives generous funding to provide most of our services without charge. Visit www.jvstoronto.org.
IPLAN LICENCE, a new Bridge Training Program for Internationally Trained Professionals (ITPs) in Architecture, funded by the MCI and delivered in partnership with Ryerson University, offers newcomers the tools and resources needed to obtain a licence as an Architect in Ontario through technical training, employment services, mentorships, internships and a variety of information and networking opportunities.
Program Facilitator/Employment Counsellor
IPLAN LICENCE Bridge Training Program for ITP’s in Architecture (New)
Full-time / 1 year contract with possibility of renewal / Starting ASAP / Keele & Finch
The individual in this position will:
- During program start up, supported by Manager, Architecture, develop a variety of curricula focused on licensure in the architectural sector
- Deliver orientation sessions, assess participant eligibility, conduct intake and coordinate referrals as needed; determine case management requirements
- Facilitate sector specific workshops; lead and instruct students in class, maintain participants’ records, files and training materials and complete participant profiles
- Provide information and counselling regarding paths to licensure (IAP and BEFA) for internationally trained architectural professionals
- Case manage clients at all stages of license process, from information gathering and job search stage leading up to final exam and panel interview preparation; complete and monitor individual action plans
- Work with Job Developer to plan and coordinate internships and employment placements as needed
- Refer participants to existing professional and community resources and supports including those offered by EO centre
- Liaise with program evaluator to facilitate the completion of evaluation surveys and track results
- Participate with IPLAN team to organize and implement events such as networking, graduation ceremonies, end of term events
- Attend IPLAN Advisory Committee meetings and prepare minutes (on a rotation basis with other counsellors)
- Maintain participant and program records and collect, track data for use in reports and implement improvements
- Plan and coordinate a Mentoring process with IPLAN team in order to facilitate mentoring matches and provide support to mentors and mentees throughout the process
- Document and monitor licensure and employment outcomes, assist with development of strategies to ensure licensure and employment targets are reached and track participant progress both during and after program completion
Flexible hours / evenings / weekends will be required for this position.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Education, Marketing, or Communications
- Minimum of 2 years employment counselling experience
- Minimum of 2 years of group facilitation experience
- Proven experience working with Internationally Educated Individuals in the immigration, employment and/or settlement sectors
- Ability to motivate and train professionals from diverse backgrounds
- Expertise in academic research and proven experience in adult education and curriculum development for in-class and online instruction
- Possess knowledge of job search strategies and are attuned to local labour market conditions for professionals in architecture
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Computer literate; the ability to learn systems used by the agency (ie. SalesForce)
- A clear Police Vulnerable Sector check is required for this position
What JVS Toronto Offers You:
- Health & Dental Benefits
- A paid vacation allowance
- Fulfilling career opportunity where you can drive results and make a difference
- Established team and management support to integrate you into your new position
- Opportunity to collaborate with counterparts across the agency to increase success
JOB POSTING #828097 Position: OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST Site: Toronto Rehab, Lyndhurst Centre Department: Brain and Spinal Cord Rehab Program - Unit 1B Reports to: Program Services Manager Hours: ...
Organization Overview Aecon Construction Group Inc. is the largest publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company in Canada. Aecon’s expertise covers the full range of...
Clinical Coordinator (registered Nurse) - Patient Navigator, Centre for Mental Health, Toronto Western Hospital, 7 daysJob Posting 826020 Position: Clinical Coordinator (Patient Navigator) Site: Toronto Western Hospital Department: Centre for Mental Health Hours: 37.5 Hours/Week Status: Permanent...
CUPE Job Posting #827470 Position: Registered Practical Nurse Site: University Centre, Toronto Rehab Department: Inpatient Stroke Services Reports to: Manager, Program Services Scale/Grade:...
Position: Physician Assistant Site: Toronto General Hospital Site, University Health Network Reports to: Program Medical Director Department: Cardiology...
Job Posting #827051 Position: Manager, Community Mental Health Services Site: Toronto Western Hospital Department: Community Mental Health Services Hours: 37.5 Hours/Week Status: Permanent...
JOB POSTING #828097 Position: OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST Site: Toronto Rehab, Lyndhurst...
Organization Overview Aecon Construction Group Inc. is the largest publicly traded construction...
Clinical Coordinator (registered Nurse) - Patient Navigator, Centre for Mental Health, Toronto Western Hospital, 7 daysJob Posting 826020 Position: Clinical Coordinator (Patient Navigator) Site: Toronto Western...
CUPE Job Posting #827470 Position: Registered Practical Nurse Site: University Centre, Toronto...
Position: Physician Assistant Site: Toronto General Hospital Site,...
Job Posting #827051 Position: Manager, Community Mental Health Services Site: Toronto Western...