A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
Production Supervisor – Lethbridge
The incumbent Lead’s hourly employees within a department in the achievement of manufacturing processes, ensuring emphasis is put on quality, yields, efficiencies, food Safety as well as employee safety within the Lethbridge Plant. Shift Times vary Monday to Friday, with occasional Saturdays
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- All employee evaluations are completed on a 2,6,12 -week rotation.
- Good understanding of production processes and procedures; product requirements and yields to fill customer orders.
- Communicate effectively with employees and management with dignity and respect
- Knowledge of HACCP, good manufacturing practices and safety regulations within the plant
- Good understanding of the Carlisle system as well as knowledgeable in SAP System
- Warehouse and customer service experience.
- Basic computer skills; good writing skills; planning, organizing and analytical skills etc.
- Leadership skills in staff coaching and development, performance management practices, etc
- Experience with WHMIS, hazard analysis and accident investigation
- May require Forklift, Bobcat Certification depending on area working in.
- Able to exercise timely, good judgement in day-to-day business decisions.
- Post secondary education or equivalent industry experience.
- Able to work in any environment within the plant
- Employees are “healthy and whole” at the end of their shift
- Workplace is free of health and safety hazards
- Workplace is free of food contaminants
- Products meet all customer specifications
- Proper use of Production Equipment and Tools
- All Employees are signed off on Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) Every 3 years except QA related SOP’s which are done annually.
- No negative environmental impact due to our activities
- A Fully Enabled, Engaged and Productive Team
- Is Current & Proficient in the Competencies required for success in Supervisor role
- Is a trusted, respected, engaged, productive employee
- Work closely with all team members in any department, IE: maintenance, HR, H&S etc.
- Lead the stretching Exercises,
- Be on the floor 90% of the time, by looking at Specifications and dealing with issues!
- Carry I-pad and using it 90% of the time while on the floor
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (ex. General Education Development accreditation)
- Three to five years of supervisory experience, preferably in a manufacturing setting
- Flexibility to work various shifts and overtime as needed
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, verbal and written communication, presentation and analytical skills
- Self-directed and professional, well-developed English communication skills (verbal, written, reading)
- Computer proficiency in email and spreadsheets and able to learn a variety of other software (ex. SAP, Kronos)
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org . Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible