- Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
The Production Planner is a key role in Heritage. This role is accountable for ensuring the production schedule meets customer demands for the finished goods area.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Coordinates input from cross-functional areas (operations, supply chain planning, and procurement) to assist in laying out production requirements to achieve customer service levels
- Determine materials and labour required to satisfy production requirements
- Maintain and execute SAP detailed scheduling functions
- Plan WIP and FG inventory and determine appropriate levels in order to meet production plan
- Timely creation of weekly and daily production schedules and sequences for use in production execution
- Manage plant constraints and effectively plan for operational efficiencies and balanced workload
- Drive departmental continuous improvement initiatives
- Responsible to work in conjunction with procurement and least cost formulation to ensure sustainable flow of raw materials based on production schedule
- Assists with new product launches to ensure product is scheduled and materials are all available for launches
- Responsible for customer service levels and plant conformance levels by effectively scheduling the production line(s) and analyzing root causes of conformance shortfalls for future prevention.
- Participate in functional teams in relation to capacity management (planned maintenance, scheduled QA hold, etc.)
- Responsible for preparing various weekly reports that track and measure progress
- Shall demonstrate full commitment to the implementation of the requirements of the Global Standard for Food Safety and to processes which facilitate continual improvement of food safety and quality management.
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
The successful candidate will be results-oriented, thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment, and have the ability to develop positive working relationships with all employees. Candidates must have:
- Post-secondary education (APICS certification is desirable) and have knowledge of food processing and distribution
- 5+ years experience in production control, planning, inventory control and/or materials in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Experience using SAP including PP/DS
- Proficient in Supply Chain concepts (safety stock planning, MRP calculations, scheduling constraints and bottlenecks, etc.)
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence and impact others at various levels within the organization to achieve results
- Ability to use complex optimizing tools to reduce production costs including changeovers and downtime
- Format (New Century) Least Cost Formulation experience an asset
- Lean/Six Sigma or equivalent experience
- Advanced in Microsoft office and applications
- Environment- Plant environment
- Volume & Complexity of Work - A fast paced work environment with multiple, tight and changing priorities
- Travel Requirements – Minimal
- Physical Requirements- Low
- Ability to work off shifts inclusive of on call support, evenings and weekends
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org . Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.
Close Raw Material Receiver - Contract Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Manufacturing Years...
Close Procurement Coordinator Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Procurement,Supply...
Great Company located in Guelph Our client, a world lead in water treatment located in Guelph is looking for experienced mechanical assemblers. Must demonstrate proficiency in reading and...
Manager, Regulatory Affiars Office: Burlington CAD OR Remote ICON is currently recruiting for a Regulatory Affairs Manager to join our Strategic Regulatory & Safety Consultancy group that forms...
Cambridge ON Days & Nights Rotation $17-$18/hr Position: Quality Inspector (Auto Manufacturing) Rate: $17.00-$18/hr Location of Work: Cambridge ON. Have an eye for detail? Kelly is looking for...
Close Retail Representative (Part-time) - Brampton/Bolton/Oakville Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job...
Close Raw Material Receiver - Contract Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+...
Close Procurement Coordinator Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career...
Great Company located in Guelph Our client, a world lead in water treatment located in Guelph is...
Manager, Regulatory Affiars Office: Burlington CAD OR Remote ICON is currently recruiting for a...
Cambridge ON Days & Nights Rotation $17-$18/hr Position: Quality Inspector (Auto...
Close Retail Representative (Part-time) - Brampton/Bolton/Oakville Job Posting Category:...