Posting ID: 17424
Position Type: Supervisor
City: Prince George, BC, CA
Location: Northwood Pulp (BC18)
Who We Are:
At Canfor, we know wood-based products can build a better world, whether it’s a component in your smartphone or skyscrapers built from wood. We founded our entire company on that idea. Because, we know that wood-based products are sustainable and the opportunities to innovative have only just begun.
We know when managed responsibly, the forest is everlasting and Canfor is committed to using virtually 100% of every tree for lumber, pulp, paper, and renewable energy—so nothing goes to waste.
You can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We’re especially excited by the innovative ways some of our customers are using our products. We know that the work we all do at Canfor today will shape what the world looks like tomorrow. Whether that means building a house or a skyscraper, using paper instead of plastic or learning something new from a colleague down the hall or around the globe. We know not everyone thinks about their impact on the world but at Canfor, we do.
Canfor is currently seeking a motivated and experienced leader to join our team as a Production Manager at Canfor Pulp.
The Production Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the Pulp Mill, including safety, quality, production, environment, and costs. The incumbent provides leadership to the Steam Plant and Fibreline Departments on optimizing the operation and maintenance to support the continued long-term viability of the facility. The Production Manager will also ensure that the operation meets all regulatory and environmental standards.
The Production Manager is also responsible for promoting a culture of performance management and continuous improvement in all aspects of the business. This position is also very involved in the development of annual budgets and long-term plans for strategic capital projects.
- Five or more years’ experience at a Manager level in Pulp Operations. Paper Mill experience would be considered an asset.
- Post-secondary education in Pulp and/or Paper Mill operations or in a related field. A background in Engineering and Business Management would be considered assets.
- A proven track record in leadership including safety, environmental, business improvement, and performance management.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities with the flexibility to effectively respond to continually changing internal and external business conditions.
- Well-developed verbal, written, and oral presentation communication skills.
Canfor offers a comprehensive, flexible benefits package that allows you to customize your benefits to meet your individual needs, and includes health and dental coverage as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition to this, we offer pension and other benefits.
Grow with us
At Canfor, we understand that our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and we work hard to support their ongoing professional development. We offer a number of training programs and development opportunities to support each of our employees in their pursuit of career advancement and growth. Whether you want to develop upon your skills or advance your career with Canfor, we offer a promote-from-within culture that will give you these opportunities.
At Canfor, our values are at the core of everything we do. Safety comes first, and we are proud of our unwavering commitment to excellence, and customer satisfaction, which allows us to safely and efficiently deliver quality products to our customers around the globe.
- Safety comes first.
- We succeed when our customers succeed.
- We are resilient and resourceful. We always find a way forward.
- We are a good neighbour in our communities and a responsible steward of the environment.
- We demonstrate integrity by doing what we say we are going to do.
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.
In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our Company.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.
Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
Prince George, BC
Known as BC’s Northern Capital, Prince George is city that offers big city comfort and convenience, but small town serenity and sensibilities. As the largest city in northern BC, Prince George is a hub of industry, offering numerous employment opportunities and is home to the University of Northern British Columbia. This region’s temperate climate creates a lush environment of emerald-green forests and ample opportunities for outdoor activity. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/prince-george
- Master’s degree in Audiology from a recognized university program. - Licensed to practice by the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of B.C. - Or an equivalent combination of...
- Recognized accounting designation plus five (5) to seven (7) years of directly related experience in health care, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Knowledge,...
- Grade 12 plus additional course work focusing on skill development in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications, financial management, and written and verbal communication; - Three...
- C.A., C.G.A. or C.M.A. designation plus three (3) to four (4) years of directly related experience, ideally in health care; - Or an equivalent combination of education, training and...
Welcome to School District 57 Prince George! We will be attending the Ed Talent Job Fair in Toronto on October 26, 2018. We have a variety of positions available on the Make a Future website,...
- Graduation from an accredited medical laboratory technology program; R.T. (General). - Eligible for certification from the Canadian Society of Laboratory Technologists. - A.R.T. (Histopathology)...
- Master’s degree in Audiology from a recognized university program. - Licensed to practice by...
- Recognized accounting designation plus five (5) to seven (7) years of directly related...
- Grade 12 plus additional course work focusing on skill development in word processing,...
- C.A., C.G.A. or C.M.A. designation plus three (3) to four (4) years of directly related...
Welcome to School District 57 Prince George! We will be attending the Ed Talent Job Fair in...
- Graduation from an accredited medical laboratory technology program; R.T....