This position will provides high quality certification services which meets the clients’ needs in the most efficient and effective manner possible, while ensuring safe products are available in the public marketplace. This activity requires interpretation of standards, processes and procedures. Makes technical decisions based on a high degree of knowledge, training and experience on certification and testing to maintain the integrity of CSA’s global certification programs.
• Makes technical decisions based on knowledge, training and experience to maintain the integrity of the CSA Mark.
• Knowledge of all areas of Certification and Testing, such as exposure to laboratory testing, field services and customer visits. Completes edits and reviews technical reports.
• The Certifier is given projects of evolving complexity.
• These projects increase in difficulty as the Certifier develops.
• Uses a variety of standard engineering methods and techniques, operating procedures and divisional quality documents in responding to problems and client enquiries.
• Resolves technical issues to determine the appropriate interpretation of technical requirements within the assigned area of responsibility.
• Works with mentor, until qualified, to ensure completion of projects within time frame deadlines.
• Prepares work orders for the test programs, with assistance if required, and collaborates with Lab Staff to determine applicable tests.
• Prepares certification reports, Certificate of Compliance and other related CSA documentation.
• Provide certification services for CSA clients for water quality and piping products on time and within budget.
• Evaluate products design/construction, formulate test plans and analyze test data to determine compliance with applicable CSA, UL, and IEC requirements.
• Need to interface closely with customers, certification staff from other certification groups and other team members, including lab technicians, on any certification related activities.
• Works with fully qualified Project Holder or mentor and manages certification projects and associated certifier activities concurrently and ensures completion of projects within time frame deadlines and meeting or exceeding the customer’s expectations.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering with 0-2 years job related experience or Engineering
Technologist/Technician diploma (Chemical, Mechanical, OACETT or Equivalent) or
Certified Engineering Technologist/ Technician,
• Licensed Trades with 3-5 years industry experience
• Knowledge of Laboratory instrumentation, including operating principles and calibration procedures, as well as general Laboratory procedures
• Auditing for SMT, CPC and other CSA programs as required
• Industry knowledge would be an asset
• Knowledge of CSA Certification Process and CSA based Standards would be an asset
• Familiarity with SAP, Documentum, MS Word, Excel would be an asset
• Willingness/ability to travel (North America, Asia, Europe)
• Ability to work well under tight schedule in a team environment
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills with an eagerness to learn
• Additional expertise and experience may be required depending on the needs of the business unit
BUILDING A WORLD CLASS TEAM STARTS WITH YOU
At the heart of CSA Group is a vision: making the world a better, safer, more sustainable place. It’s been part of our mission for nearly one hundred years: from the first engineering standard for railway bridges developed in 1919, to more than 3,500 standards, codes & related products today.
Headquartered in Canada, with a global footprint of more than 30 labs and offices across Europe, Asia and North America, CSA Group tests, inspects and certifies a wide range of products—from every day household items to leading edge technology-to meet exacting requirements for safety, performance and environmental impact.
Our employees take pride in making a difference in people’s lives through the work that we do. We’re looking for people like you to help make it happen.
Auto req ID 92122BR Job Title Lab Technician Country Canada Job Description Successful completion of a twoyear or threeyear Technician's course preferably in Mechanical or Electrical...
We believe in the power of people. We are a network strategy and technology company that is motivated by making a difference in people’s lives – their productivity, their creativity, their health...
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are...
Skyworks Solutions, Inc. is empowering the wireless networking revolution. Our highly innovative analog semiconductors are connecting people, places and things spanning a number of new and...
Worker Sub-Type: Regular Job Description: QNX supplies the software used in navigation, entertainment, and digital-instrument-clusters in millions of vehicles around the world including Audi, BMW,...
9 hours ago | Agribusiness - Plant & Soil Sciences, Seed and Biotechnology - Operations, AgCareers.com, 9 daysEssential Duties & Responsibilities: Lead the physiochemical evaluation of prototype crop protection formulations (herbicides, fungicides, insecticides) at the territory level and communicate...
Auto req ID 92122BR Job Title Lab Technician Country Canada Job Description Successful...
We believe in the power of people. We are a network strategy and technology company that is...
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look...
Skyworks Solutions, Inc. is empowering the wireless networking revolution. Our highly innovative...
Worker Sub-Type: Regular Job Description: QNX supplies the software used in navigation,...
9 hours ago | Agribusiness - Plant & Soil Sciences, Seed and Biotechnology - Operations, AgCareers.com, 9 daysEssential Duties & Responsibilities: Lead the physiochemical evaluation of prototype crop...