Product Manager - Calgary
# of Positions Available
March 28, 2019
Accounting / Finance / Insurance, Banking / Real Estate / Mortgage / Professionals, Business / Strategic Management, IT / Software Development, Other
Calgary - CALGARY, AB CA (Primary)
We’re a network of collaborative, curious, tech-savvy leaders working at the forefront of Financial Services and FinTech transformation, enabling ATB to become more than a bank.
If you’re excited about AI and machine learning, big data, blockchain, robotics, compelling CX, digital development, IT, innovation and more and you’re looking for an award-winning organization where you can use your talents to roll out world leading platforms and products… well, we can’t wait to meet you!
To learn more our work and the transformative projects we have on the go connect with us at https://atbalphabeta.com/ or here .
A Product Manager leads initiatives with an extensive knowledge and strong acumen across business, technology principles and practices as well as customer experience (UX/CX).
As a Product Manager, you are responsible for working in a consultative role representing the business in defining their vision, needs and requirements while being able to translate the ‘what’ into the ‘how’; exhibiting a key understanding of underlying technologies, level of development effort and working hand in hand with the development team to delivery an idea into a reality – delivering value along the way.
What you get to do:
- Working to translate a business vision into reality across the product delivery lifecycle
- Building relationships with the Product Owner to understand the business vision and work with stakeholders to translate that vision into reality across the product delivery lifecycle
- Ability to define, own and manage User Stories; action or activities conducted by a user so that they are able to accomplish/complete a defined goal
- Maintaining a backlog/icebox of future enhancements or improvements and work directly with the business to prioritize based on business/user need
- Running daily stand-ups, iteration planning meetings and retrospectives.
- Ability to understand the risk, assumptions, dependencies and constraints of a user story and impact to the product delivery
- Ability to understand the voice of the user inside/outside of the business and identify the impacts to the product
- Assist in stakeholder and end-user interviews and synthesize these insights into actionable outcomes
- Collaborating across ITSD and 3rd party cross functional team members to enable the vision
- Displaying a keen interest, understanding and application of product management best practices
- Working with IT and other 3rd party providers when operational challenges arise to come to a resolution
- Building a solid knowledge base across specific business domains and their series of products and services
- Developing interest and ability to communicate trends and opportunities in business and technical space
- Ability to ask the right questions, craft solutions and deliver user validated digital products to meet business needs
- Facilitating workshops with different levels and skill sets to elicit business need and requirements
- Ability to map out and communicate end to end business and technical processes
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma with Commerce, Information Technology (i.e. MIS) or equivalent
- 3-5 years of related project or product delivery experience
- Successfully completed 3+ years co-leading or leading small to medium sized initiatives as a Business Analyst
- Advanced knowledge of the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK)
- Technical Designations are required
- Product Management / Business Analyst experience across digital products
- Empathy for the end user; user centric focus and approach
- Ability to work collaboratively with business and IT across cross-functional product teams to deliver end user value
- Ability to break down complex problems into actionable steps
- Understanding and application of Agile/XP, work processes and business analysis methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, PROSCI, Lean, XP, SCRUM)
- Ability to define and drive out options for a problem or find a way of looking at things differently
- Advanced ability to define and drive out task management actions and activities
- Knowledge and application of business analysis concepts, tools and processes
- Knowledge of IT resources and enabling technologies; software, architecture and databases
- Excellent communication skills across oral and written
- Technical fluency; types and application of technologies to deliver a business need; applications, integrations and data sources
- Understanding and application on agile and user-centered design values, principles and practices
- Lean startup product environment experience
- Software development experience
- Banking, Wealth Management, Financial experience is an asset
- Salesforce experience is an asset
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS:
- You focus on impact over hard work: tangible, measurable results and creating value for team members and customers alike are our goals
- You love to solve tough problems, together: no one said transforming banking was going to be easy. Collaboration is key and we’re collectively reimagining it as a team
- You operate with a mentality of Build-Measure-Learn: like any top tech company, agile frameworks and applied lean methodologies are mindsets we apply to our daily. We love data and KPIs. We move fast, we embrace mistakes, and we learn and grow as a result.
- You’re an exponential thinker, focused on 10X: if something doesn't have significant impact, you are the person to challenge whether or not it's worth doing
- You do it with passion: you’re inspired by purpose and by our shared vision and mission
As a team member with the Transformation team at ATB, you can expect:
- Each day will be different! We’re learning, iterating and taking big steps toward our vision of transforming an entire industry, every day
- The ability to grow a career within an inspiring, impact focused culture where you are surrounded by changemakers and leaders that empower you to use your unique voice
- An excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement, and a financial institution that’s leading the way in tech and innovation
- Amazing benefits for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments needs.
- To be a part of an award-winning, inclusive and diverse employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working for Albertans.
If you want to know more, read our employer reviews visit our Glassdoor page.
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview .
For additional information on this posting, please contact Jeff Price, Director Integration Services. [Note: please apply using our online system and not the contact's email address].
Please click the following link for information on communities where ATB thrives .
Business Development Representative This is a “roll up your sleeves and get it done” type of position! When you control your activity and focus on enthusiastic selling, you will succeed. As a...
Training Analyst Our client is currently seeking a Training Analyst for a contract position in Calgary, AB. The Training Analyst provides business process and related technologies training and...
Id : 65132 Category : Sales and Marketing Location/City : AB – Calgary Region : CALGARY Job Type : Permanent Recruiter Name : Kevin Pedersen Please submit your resume directly to Kevin Pedersen at...
At NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s growth, market presence and...
Production Supervisor - Calgary Plant 1115 / 34th Avenue S.E. Calgary, Alberta, T2G1V5 Canada The Opportunity: Come work as a Production Supervisor at a growing company with opportunities to...
Production Supervisor - Calgary, AB 1115 / 34th Avenue S.E. Calgary, Alberta, T2G1V5 Canada The Opportunity: Come work as a Production Supervisor at a growing company with opportunities to advance...
Business Development Representative This is a “roll up your sleeves and get it done” type of...
Training Analyst Our client is currently seeking a Training Analyst for a contract position in...
Id : 65132 Category : Sales and Marketing Location/City : AB – Calgary Region : CALGARY Job Type...
At NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality,...
Production Supervisor - Calgary Plant 1115 / 34th Avenue S.E. Calgary, Alberta,...
Production Supervisor - Calgary, AB 1115 / 34th Avenue S.E. Calgary, Alberta, T2G1V5 Canada The...