Process Analyst, Integrity Risk Leadership & Insights - Calgary or Edmonton
# of Positions Available
January 25, 2018
Banking / Real Estate / Mortgage / Professionals, Business / Strategic Management, IT / Software Development
Calgary - CALGARY, AB CA (Primary)
Edmonton - Edmonton, AB T5J 0N3 CA
Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB. Is that you?
Process Analyst – Integrity Risk Leadership & Insights
We can transform banking, reimagine it, make banking work for people. We’re on a journey to make meaningful impacts on an industry that has the power to transform a person’s life. When we talk about transformation at ATB Financial, we’re not just talking about pie in the sky ideas, we’re listening and collaborating to bring those ideas to life. To put it simply, we’re on a mission to reinvent how banking can support people's lives. We’re going to provide meaningful solutions to problems, deepen our connection with customers and while we’re at it, transform ourselves from the inside out.
We need collaborative visionaries and executors who are eager to listen to our customers in order to do things other banks wouldn’t do. We’re building a team of relentless, passionate and inquisitive ATB transformers to build our bench strength in disrupting ourselves before we get disrupted.
Want to be a part of our story? If you’re looking for an organization where you can use your talents to do remarkable things, you may be the alpha to our beta and we encourage you to read on.
We’re invested in transparency being a key part of our recruitment process, so we encourage you to check out and join our Team Transformation Talent Community on LinkedIn to gain real insight on our culture and what it's really like to be an ATB Transformer. You can check it out and join us at https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13551363 .
Also, to learn more our work and the transformative projects we have on the go connect with us at https://atbalphabeta.com/ .
Integrity Risk Leadership & Insights’ (IRL&I) priority is to understand Risk in its many forms, provide expert advice and guide solutions to help the ATB Enterprise merge reasonable Risk Integrity with goal achievement, thus resulting in attaining deeper happiness for our customers. We know that reaching our goals depends directly on the quality of our people and that is why we strive to attract, retain and develop the best talent available.
Reporting to the Process Models Manager - IRL&I, the Process Analyst’s primary focus is to be the main expert user, administrator and maintenance support person for the ARIS application. You must have a strong understanding of ARIS as this role is the custodian of the Process Repository ‘source of truth’ gathered across ATB Financial. You will help set and continually refine the ‘gold standard’ for the information available within the processes inventory, consistently standardizing process maps’ look and feel. By training or assisting other ARIS users to utilize ARIS as the process maps modeling tool, you provide process information enablement and accessibility with the IRL&I teams, supporting visibility, transparency and clarity for all ATB Financial Processes. You support the ongoing development of a sustainable Process Framework and actively socialize this across all Areas of Expertise or Strategic Support Units at ATB Financial. You are a trusted advisor, combining your technical and functional capabilities, as you’ll be a primary contact for ARIS technical application support and you will help to continually define the methods all ARIS users will practice for completion of ARIS maps.
You will help refine and optimize ARIS, updating process maps to:
- Ensure processes reflect defined quality standards, are clear and accurately represent the current state
- Drive towards greater flexibility, efficiency and reliability of process information available
- Ensure Metrics/Key Performance Indicators, Risk Indicators, Relevant Control Points and Segregation of Duties details are included in process models, where applicable
You will find success based on your ability to:
- Define, maintain and refine any ARIS modeling standards (method, filters and templates)
- Lead and drive process modeling discussions with minimal support and guidance
- Demonstrate ARIS functionality with all Transformation Pillar/Squad teams and across ATB Financial
- Facilitate, develop and maintain ARIS ‘how to’ concepts and materials for the ARIS Platform
- Drive the resolution of issues arising when there are inconsistencies in process modeling
- Manage the ARIS databases, models and objects through regular and ad hoc quality assurance reviews
- Liaise with the Enterprise Architecture team to coordinate any ARIS IT or Business Process Architecture
- Manage, understand and coordinate with IT server support teams in:
- Implementing service packs, upgrades, network or application issues
- Recovering and reindexing databases for backups and in event of data corruption
- Managing user access/logins for access rights and functional privileges
- Generating reporting on database and/or model statuses including database merging or consolidation as required
As the ideal candidate you possess:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A university degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Technology or related fields
- Three to five (3-5) years experience in financial services or continuous process improvement experience in organizations
- Ability to measure and track returns and value
- A high degree of ARIS proficiency with the ability to understand and utilize the full complement and complexity of the process modeler tool
- Effective management and administration skills with the ability to work effectively both independently and in groups within a dynamic environment
- A high degree of initiative and strong ability to prioritize activities, meet deadlines and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills, to clearly deliver technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven ability to collaborate and partner, facilitate and build, common ground in conflicting situations
- 1-2 years experience with standard Database Administration practices:
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of database server software and related products
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures
- Database recovery and work as part of a team and provide 24x7 support when required
- Evaluate database features and database related products
- Maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges)
- Database and application performance monitoring
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards
- Plan growth and changes through capacity planning
- Operational and project experience with modeling concepts and practices
- Proficiency in G Suite with Data Studio and App Maker knowledge beneficial
- 1-2 years Project Management experience is an asset
- ARIS Certified Business Process Administrator is an asset
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project is beneficial
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS:
- You focus on impact over hard work: what isn't of a concern is the hours you work, but your results and impact on team members and customers
- You like to solve difficult problems, together: no one said transforming banking was going to be easy, but we’re collectively reimagining it and there are no solo heroes welcome
- You operate with a mentality of Build-Measure-Learn: our agile mindset is not just for our technical teams, it's a mindset that every one of us is asked to operate from. We move fast, we make mistakes but we measure the impact, learn, grow and change as a result
- You focus on 10X and leave the incremental thinking at home: if something doesn't have significant impact, you are the person to challenge whether or not it's worth doing
- You do it with passion or not at all: you’re inspired by our purpose and you see the link between yourself and the work you are doing to transform banking
- You’re comfortable with being uncomfortable: we won’t always have the answers and change is a constant in our world. As a Transformer you trust in our vision and own an attitude of willingness and patience
As a team member with the Transformation team at ATB, you can expect:
- No day will ever be the same - we’re learning, iterating and making big steps towards our vision of transforming an entire industry, everyday
- The ability to grow a career within an inspiring, impact focused culture where you are surrounded by changemakers and leaders that empower you to use your voice to make banking work for people
- To be a part of the energy of an organization that is unlike any other, where you may pinch yourself on the daily and wonder how you got so lucky
- Bragging rights! You get to call yourself a Transformer and an ATBer and know you play a direct role in helping us become a cutting edge financial institution (it’s going to feel more like a technology company, but either way it’s hella cool.)
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Imagine paying less for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments. Throw in an excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement, and a financial institution that’s leading the way in change – now you’re talking about a career with a company that allows you to grow. As an award-winning employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?
Advancement. Fun. Rewards… We get it.
To learn more visit atb.com.
To read our employer reviews visit our Glassdoor page.
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please click the following link for information on communities where ATB thrives .
Big Data Solutions Architect Location: Calgary, AB Category: Content/Document Management Job Type: Temporary/Contract Reference: CA_EN_6_17453_60315429 Posted: January...
Solution Architect Eagle is currently seeking a Solution Architect for a seven (7) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately. Key Responsibilities The successful candidate will be...
Director - Quality & Process Improvement - Process Improvement Centre of Excellence, TELUS Communications, 8 daysDirector - Quality & Process Improvement - Process Improvement Centre of Excellence - PLA03244-17 Description Lead business performance excellence in Business Transformation & Operations...
Manager, Financial Advice L7 Requisition ID : 18000384 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Management Work Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary-309 8th Ave. SW PO Box...
2018 Summer Technology (IT) Co-op Program (AB, BC, ON) - ROL03178-17 Description TELUS Information Technology Co-Op Opportunities (May 2018) YOU can be part of something that does make a...
Category:Database Administration City: Calgary, Alberta, Canada Employment Type: Full Time Position Description: The Calgary region of CGI’s Western Business Unit is looking for a Junior SQL...
Big Data Solutions Architect Location: Calgary, AB Category: Content/Document Management Job...
Solution Architect Eagle is currently seeking a Solution Architect for a seven (7) month...
Director - Quality & Process Improvement - Process Improvement Centre of Excellence, TELUS Communications, 8 daysDirector - Quality & Process Improvement - Process Improvement Centre of...
Manager, Financial Advice L7 Requisition ID : 18000384 Position Type: Regular Position...
2018 Summer Technology (IT) Co-op Program (AB, BC, ON) - ROL03178-17 Description TELUS...
Category:Database Administration City: Calgary, Alberta, Canada Employment Type: Full...