SNC-Lavalin Operations and Maintenance is recognized as one of Canada’s leading outsourced operations and maintenance solutions experts, a division of SNC-Lavalin Group Inc., the largest engineering and construction firm in Canada, and one of the five largest in the world. We continue to grow our business globally.
Our team members across the country and the globe deliver superior service to every one of our clients. Our people are vital to our success, and we build teams that are second to none. Our team embraces challenges and is engaged in working together to contribute to our business objectives.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Reporting to the Maintenance Team Lead, this role will be responsible for installing, repairing and maintaining pipes, fixtures and other plumbing used for water distribution and waste water disposal in a prompt, efficient manner. This role will also be required to undertake preventive maintenance services and tenant requests to ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction. The successful candidate will have solid building systems knowledge, strong customer service skills, and the willingness to learn.
• Perform various installs and repairs of pipes and fittings of water supply, sanitation, or heating systems, including but not limited to:
o Diagnose and repair all plumbing systems, fixtures, appliances, etc. while ensuring all installations, repairs and maintenance are properly sized, aligned, supported and graded
o Install and maintain piping systems, which may be used to transport water, waste, gases or hot liquids; test pipe systems and fixtures for leaks
o Conduct maintenance on water treatment equipment, piping and controls, underground storm sanitation piping systems, sinks, tubs and toilets, water heaters and air conditioners
• Maintain and apply all building codes to installations, repairs and maintenance and ensure all manufacturer specified requirements, environmental protection requirements and relevant legislation requirements are met
• Perform scheduled preventive maintenance on building mechanical, electrical and HVAC systems and other components as necessary
• Attend to tenant service calls and assist other building technicians as required
• Maintain order in the shop by ensuring all supplies, parts, hand held tools, etc are stored in an organized manner; inform Maintenance Team Lead when supplies/parts are running low
• Conduct work in accordance with all Occupational Health and Safety legislation, guidelines, standards, policies, procedures and practices
• Assist management team when requested
- THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN NORTH BATTLEFORD, SK
- Journeyman Certification in Plumbing from a recognized and accredited post-secondary institution required
- Certification in Power Engineering is an asset
- Must be available to work after-hours, on weekends and for standby rotation to respond to after-hours service requests as required
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine the layout of plumbing systems, water supply networks and waste and drainage systems
- Ability to obtain federal security clearance is required
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle is preferred
- Ability to teach and share plumbing knowledge
- Ability to make effective decisions in emergency situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with a strong customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and in a close team
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; including Word, Excel, and Outlook is preferred
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Description New Business opening in North Battleford, looking for a florist assistant/ sales Associates. Wage will be depend on experience. Floral shop with home dcor, and giftware. Full time...
Equipment Operator - VEH001689 Employment Type: SGEU Term 9 months or more Location(s) : SK--NorthBattleford and Area-North Battleford Ministry : 016 Highways and Infrastructure Salary...
Skills and Abilities Work Setting - Hotel, motel, resort Specific Skills - Co-ordinate, assign and review work - Assist clients/guests with special needs - Establish work schedules and procedures...
Plumbing Labourer Job Order #: 5645077 Employer Name: River City Plumbing & Heating Ltd. Wage/Salary Info: Depends on experience Posted Date: 27-Sep-2018 Location: NORTH BATTLEFORD # of...
Plumbing Labourer Job Order #: 5648715 Employer Name: River City Plumbing & Heating Ltd. Wage/Salary Info: Depends on experience Posted Date: 17-Oct-2018 Location: NORTH BATTLEFORD # of...
Description Employer Job Number: GO-00548894 Facility: Battlefords Mental Health Centre Job Description: The Assessor Coordinator Degree Senior works as a member and the team lead of a...
Description New Business opening in North Battleford, looking for a florist assistant/ sales...
Equipment Operator - VEH001689 Employment Type: SGEU Term 9 months or...
Skills and Abilities Work Setting - Hotel, motel, resort Specific Skills - Co-ordinate, assign...
Plumbing Labourer Job Order #: 5645077 Employer Name: River City Plumbing & Heating...
Plumbing Labourer Job Order #: 5648715 Employer Name: River City Plumbing & Heating...
Description Employer Job Number: GO-00548894 Facility: Battlefords Mental Health Centre Job...