- Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
The Plant Manager will be responsible for the operations and performance of the Lethbridge facility. Reporting to the Vice President Manufacturing - Fresh, this role is accountable for the daily operation of the manufacturing process and the implementation and maintenance of operational excellence strategies to drive increased capacity utilization and optimum overall efficiencies. It also provides overall leadership for all aspects of the plant operations to include production efficiency, product quality, regulatory compliance, physical asset management, supply chain effectiveness, cost control, workplace safety / security / health, community / employee relations and human capital development. Supervision and control of all operational department activities; including manufacturing, sanitation, maintenance, purchasing, planning, safety and security. They are also the liaison for customer visits through the plant and are expected to support sales by building and maintaining strong relationships with key customers in Canada and overseas.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Develop and execute plant-specific vision, mission and objectives to assure continuous improvement and alignment with corporate vision, mission and objectives.
- Ensure that all manufacturing / facility systems are properly resourced and that all resources are efficiently utilized.
- Provide direct oversight for the operations management team including production, engineering, maintenance, quality, safety, purchasing, planning and continuous improvement along with a strong connection to both finance and human resources.
- Partners with sales to develop and promote products with customers.
- Provide leadership for assessing and enhancing plant capabilities.
- Develop and manage facility budget including capital expenditures and cost management.
- Determine, recommend and approve both short- and long-term capital expenditures in conjunction with Pork Leadership.
- Assure regulatory compliance.
- Ensures all quality standards, specifications and policies are met or exceeded in the area of HACCP and GMP’s, as well as other quality standards.
- Drive employee engagement, training, and development to maximize manufacturing, quality, safety, and productivity goal attainment.
- Effectively communicate results and action plans to appropriate team members and managers.
- Promotes and supports harmonious labour relations having proactive conversations in advance of issues surfacing with local union representative
- Collaborate directly with human resources and other function leaders to create and execute effective employee relations processes and develops managers to do the same in order to maintain a positive working environment and to insure employee issues or concerns are correctly addressed and resolved.
- Initiate cost savings measures.
- Drives continuous process / manufacturing improvements and collaborates with Research and Development in product development and implementation.
- Develop a culture based on open / honest dialogue and involvement of all employees that demonstrates the value of their input / engagement in improving performance.
- Provide leadership for diversity and positive community involvement / relations.
- Drives a culture of high performance and accountability in employee and product safety as well as other aspects of the business.
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
- 7 Years in Manufacturing Management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Industrial Management, Engineering, Food Science, Management, Product Operations or equivalent field of study (Masters preferred)
- Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation skills
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills as well as the ability to analyze financial results
- Food industry experience preferred
- Key Leadership Competencies in addition to Ethics, Values and Integrity, Drive for Results, Managing Vision and Purpose, Decision Quality, Building Effective Teams, Action Oriented, Managerial Courage, Strategic Agility, Priority Setting
This is a kill facility. Areas of the plant are hot (kill area) and others are cold (processing and packaging).
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org . Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.
Food Service Supervisor (NOC 6311) MCME Foods c/o Edo Japan Job details Location: Lethbridge, AB Salary: $15.00 / hour for 40 hours / week Vacancies: 3 Vacancies Employment groups: Students,...
Food Service Supervisor (NOC 6311) Shiv Kishan 5 Corporation o/a Subway Sandwiches and Salads Job details Location: Lethbridge, AB Salary: $15.96 / hour Vacancies: 1 Vacancy Employment groups:...
Hello, it’s a new day, and time to answer the call to elevate your career and make life accessible for all. Our compassion and knowledge set us apart. With kindness and expertise, we support...
Food Service Supervisor (NOC 6311) MCME Foods c/o Edo Japan Job details Location: ...
Food Service Supervisor (NOC 6311) Shiv Kishan 5 Corporation o/a Subway Sandwiches and...
Hello, it’s a new day, and time to answer the call to elevate your career and make life...