JOB POSTING #869825
Site: PRINCESS MARGARET CANCER CENTRE & TORONTO GENERAL HOSPITAL
Department: ALLIED HEALTH
Reports to: MANAGER
Salary: $35.66 - $44.57 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Status: Temporary full-time (Approx. 6 months; With possibility of extension to 1 year)
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto General Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here .
The PHYSIOTHERAPIST (PT) is an integral member of the Physiotherapy service, Allied Health and the Area clinical programs. Through the provision of patient and non-patient care activities, the PT enhances the quality of life of patients by planning and implementing individually designed programs of physical treatment to maintain, improve, or restore physical functioning and cardio-respiratory health, alleviate pain and prevent physical dysfunction in patients. Principal responsibilities include: clinical care (consultation, assessment, treatment planning, implementing and evaluating client-specific treatment programs), education (clients, staff and continuing education); performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required. Occasional weekend work is required.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Physiotherapy (BScPT), Masters preferred
- Minimal one (1) year related experience
- Experience in an acute care hospital environment essential
- Experience in the assessment and treatment of oncology, surgical and general medicine patients required
- Oxygen titration and suctioning experience and rostering of skills
- Registration with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Membership in the Canadian Physiotherapy Association preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Complies with the legislation outlined in the Regulated Health Professions Act, (1991)
- Complies with the Code of Ethics and Rules of Conduct of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- Must be able to perform the physical demands of the job
- Demonstrates competence with departmental and hospital safety, emergency and infection control procedures
- Recognizes and acts within the scope and limitations of the physiotherapist
- Ability to exercise sound clinical judgment and to function in an independent, self-directed manner
- Computer proficiency
POSTED DATE: January 14, 2021 CLOSING DATE: Until filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Close Senior Manager, Sales Operations and Customer Experience Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Manager Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Sales Years...
Close Point of Sales Coordinator / Warehouse Operator Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category:...
Close Sales Operations Specialist Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Marketing,Sales Years...
About Ribbon (Nasdaq: RBBN) We deliver global real-time communications software and network solutions to service providers, enterprises, and critical infrastructure sectors. We engage deeply with...
Description Position: Director, Regional Sales Location: Toronto We are looking for salespeople who are sharp, creative, and hardworking with an unwavering desire to be the best. Traditional...
Req ID: 110526 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and...
Close Senior Manager, Sales Operations and Customer Experience Job Posting Category: Experienced...
Close Point of Sales Coordinator / Warehouse Operator Job Posting Category: Experienced...
Close Sales Operations Specialist Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+...
About Ribbon (Nasdaq: RBBN) We deliver global real-time communications software and...
Description Position: Director, Regional Sales Location: Toronto We are looking for salespeople...
Req ID: 110526 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...