JOB POSTING #864111
Department: Altum Health
Reports to: Site Manager
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Status: Temporary Full-Time (12 months)
Altum Health is a department within the University Health Network with over 300 employees across several sites (Toronto, Cambridge, Barrie, Hamilton, Oakville, Ajax, Mississauga, Vaughan, Brampton and Scarborough). We offer a full continuum of prevention, rehabilitation, and health care services to third party payors and individuals, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB), employers, and insurers.
At Altum Health, we believe in providing “The Right Care. Always.” by offering client-centered services that address the physical, psychosocial, and behavioral issues related to injury or illness. We actively participate in outcomes data collection, analysis and reporting, continuous quality improvement and the education and training of the next generation of health and service professionals. Altum Health services prevent and manage acute and chronic injury as well as co-morbid conditions and integrate clients back into the workplace and home life. Our services result in positive outcomes and value to our clients and customers.
We are currently seeking an experienced Physiotherapist to join our Barrie team! The successful candidate should expect complex and challenging cases. Every day, there are clinical learning opportunities and teaching moments. Everyone who works on our team truly wants to be there and believes in the work we do together.
As an Altum Clinician you will empower and support clients through their recovery with the application of your hands-on knowledge, skills and abilities in the treatment of orthopedic disorders, chronic pain and with the rehabilitation and return to work of injured workers. You will treat clients and enable them to reach their fully functional and work reintegration potential in collaboration with all stakeholders (client, treatment team and etc.) You will also perform cross-functional duties and cross-site duties, as assigned or requested.
What we look for in a Physiotherapist:
- A Physiotherapist registered with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
• A minimum of (2) two years related experience in the treatment of clients/patients with work-related injuries, MVA and/or experience in the third-party health care system, with strong FAE and Return to Work planning skills (desired but not essential)
• WorkWell Isernhagen certification preferred but not essential
What we look for in an Altum Clinician:
- A Clinician who can adhere to confidentiality requirements, can demonstrate initiative, and with excellent judgement and prioritizing skills
• A Clinician who understands the detail required for insurance reporting and who is not deterred by mandatory processes; experience in case management and communication with third-party/referral services desirable
• A passionate and dedicated team player who can work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team and who is committed to the challenge of working with clients suffering from acute and chronic workplace injuries
• Excellent interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
• Ability to provide group education sessions and lead small group learning
POSTED DATE: September 23, 2020 CLOSING DATE: Until filled
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Brandt is currently seeking a Territory Manager - Construction for our Barrie location. This position specializes in the sale of the most innovative Geomatic and Construction Positioning...
Brandt is currently seeking a Territory Manager - Construction for our Barrie location. This...