CareRx was created with one goal in mind – to provide the best possible pharmacy experience for care facilities, retirement homes and home nursing. We have developed our business model from the perspective of the customers and partners that we hope to service. Locally owned and operated, CareRx is invested in the community and committed to improving the lives and care needs for residents and their families. Our management team has over 40 years’ experience servicing the community through our ownership and management of other retail pharmacy outlets in British Columbia. CareRX is a member of the Centric Health Group of Companies, a privately-held organization whose vision is to be one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada with an unwavering commitment to deliver a superior quality of care.
The Pharmacist is responsible for ensuring that day to day operations of the pharmacy.
As a Pharmacist, you will create a patient focused environment that excels in customer/patient care by dispensing prescriptions, consulting with patients and supporting long term care care facilities, retirement homes and home nursing. Leading a team of 4-5 pharmacy professionals you will create and enhance the pharmacy culture. We are looking for a part-time weekend Pharmacist to support our operations on Saturday and Sunday from 12PM-4PM.
Your Day To Day
- Provides clinical oversight to all staffing teams
- Ensures all medication fulfillment processes are accurate and efficiently managed
- Lead and motivate a team of pharmacy professionals
- Delegation of operational processes and work
- Active hands on role in the pharmacy which will include:
- Advising on the administration, uses and effects of medication, drug incompatibilities and contra-indications;
- Checking prescriptions for proper dosage;
- Compounding prescribed pharmaceutical products;
- Dispensing prescribed pharmaceuticals;
- Patient counselling and medication reviews;
- Maintaining medication profiles of customers;
- Ensuring proper storage of pharmaceutical products;
- Maintenance of pharmacy stock through inventory control systems;
- Advising customers on selection and use of non-prescription medication.
What You Will Bring To The Team
- Licensed Pharmacist in the Province of British Columbia
- Member in good standing with the BC Pharmacy Association
- Graduate from an accredited school
- Knowledge of Kroll Pharmacy Systems
- 2-5 years of pharmacist experience an asset
- Excellent computer knowledge
- Experience in retail, LTC and/or hospital pharmacy desirable
- Retail/Community/Long Term Care Pharmacy experience considered an asset
- Customer service mindset – Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills
- High level of professionalism, energy, enthusiasm and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Efficient time management abilities; effective organization and planning skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Open to traveling to homes on the island
Other duties as required*
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada. Then we want to hear from you!
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today?
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
Your Career. Our Focus!
Posting ID: 17587 Position Type: Temporary City: Burnaby, BC, Canada Location: Vancouver H/O - Canfor Pulp_1010 (BC20) Who We Are: At Canfor, we know wood-based products can build a...
Retail Sales Associate Position Type: Auxiliary Part-Time Department: Retail Direct Supervisor: Store Manager Application Closing Date: October 26, 2018 Number of Positions Available: Multiple The...
Member Experience Supervisor In this leadership position, you will play a key role in supporting our Membership Sales team! Position Type: Regular Full Time - ongoing Department: Member...
Director, Operations Primary Location : Canada-Vancouver-The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver Employee Status : Regular Director, Operations Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a leader in the global hospitality...
Housekeeping Supervisor - Seasonal (October 18 - February 19) Primary Location : Canada-Vancouver-Fairmont Pacific Rim Employee Status : Limited Term Do you want to… Work for the #1 city hotel in...
IT Service Management Analyst - (180000HP) Description Move, Build, Grow your career! As the premier global asset management and disposition company, Ritchie Bros. helps thousands of people around...
Posting ID: 17587 Position Type: Temporary City: Burnaby, BC, Canada Location: ...
Retail Sales Associate Position Type: Auxiliary Part-Time Department: Retail Direct...
Member Experience Supervisor In this leadership position, you will play a key role in supporting...
Director, Operations Primary Location : Canada-Vancouver-The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver Employee...
Housekeeping Supervisor - Seasonal (October 18 - February 19) Primary...
IT Service Management Analyst - (180000HP) Description Move, Build, Grow your career! As the...