CareRx was created with one goal in mind – to provide the best possible pharmacy experience for care facilities, retirement homes and home nursing. We have developed our business model from the perspective of the customers and partners that we hope to service. Locally owned and operated, CareRx is invested in the community and committed to improving the lives and care needs for residents and their families. Our management team has over 40 years’ experience servicing the community through our ownership and management of other retail pharmacy outlets in British Columbia. CareRX is a member of the Centric Health Group of Companies, a privately-held organization whose vision is to be one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada with an unwavering commitment to deliver a superior quality of care.
The Pharmacist is responsible for ensuring that day to day operations of the pharmacy.
As a Pharmacist, you will create a patient focused environment that excels in customer/patient care by dispensing prescriptions, consulting with patients and supporting long term care care facilities, retirement homes and home nursing. Leading a team of 4-5 pharmacy professionals you will create and enhance the pharmacy culture. We are looking for a part-time weekend Pharmacist to support our operations on Saturday and Sunday from 12PM-4PM.
Your Day To Day
- Provides clinical oversight to all staffing teams
- Ensures all medication fulfillment processes are accurate and efficiently managed
- Lead and motivate a team of pharmacy professionals
- Delegation of operational processes and work
- Active hands on role in the pharmacy which will include:
- Advising on the administration, uses and effects of medication, drug incompatibilities and contra-indications;
- Checking prescriptions for proper dosage;
- Compounding prescribed pharmaceutical products;
- Dispensing prescribed pharmaceuticals;
- Patient counselling and medication reviews;
- Maintaining medication profiles of customers;
- Ensuring proper storage of pharmaceutical products;
- Maintenance of pharmacy stock through inventory control systems;
- Advising customers on selection and use of non-prescription medication.
What You Will Bring To The Team
- Licensed Pharmacist in the Province of British Columbia
- Member in good standing with the BC Pharmacy Association
- Graduate from an accredited school
- Knowledge of Kroll Pharmacy Systems
- 2-5 years of pharmacist experience an asset
- Excellent computer knowledge
- Experience in retail, LTC and/or hospital pharmacy desirable
- Retail/Community/Long Term Care Pharmacy experience considered an asset
- Customer service mindset – Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills
- High level of professionalism, energy, enthusiasm and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Efficient time management abilities; effective organization and planning skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Open to traveling to homes on the island
Other duties as required*
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada. Then we want to hear from you!
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today?
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
Your Career. Our Focus!
8 days ago | Production/Farming - Crop Production - Manufacturing/Production, AgCareers.com, 11 daysPosition: Production Manager Location: Armstrong, BC Job Type: Full Time Reports To: CEO Job Description SunPure Industries Ltd is a cannabis cultivation company under the Access to Cannabis for...
Job Title Goods Flow Team Support (Guaranteed 30 hours/wk) Location Vancouver ( Richmond ) Country Canada Work Area Logistics & Supply Chain Full Time - Part Time Part Time Job Type ...
Sonova: Customer Care Representative, Coquitlam North We want to connect with you. Connect Hearing is Canada’s strongest hearing-aid retailer with over one hundred and twenty five locations from...
Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement is “Experience of a Lifetime” Love what you do! Because that’s what we’re all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in...
Gucci: Stock Associate Location: Holt Renfrew - Vancouver (737 Dunsmuir St.) Department: Gucci Cosmetic/Brand Line: Work Status: Full-Time # of openings: 1 Project #: 11961 Description Stock...
Full-Time Regular Location: 4730 Kingsway, Burnaby Join us as we help shape the place people want to be – Metro Vancouver, one of the world’s most livable regions. The services and solutions we...
8 days ago | Production/Farming - Crop Production - Manufacturing/Production, AgCareers.com, 11 daysPosition: Production Manager Location: Armstrong, BC Job Type: Full Time Reports To: CEO Job...
Job Title Goods Flow Team Support (Guaranteed 30 hours/wk) Location Vancouver ( Richmond...
Sonova: Customer Care Representative, Coquitlam North We want to connect with you. Connect...
Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement is “Experience of a Lifetime” Love what you do! Because...
Gucci: Stock Associate Location: Holt Renfrew - Vancouver (737 Dunsmuir...
Full-Time Regular Location: 4730 Kingsway, Burnaby Join us as we help shape the place people...