City: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is currently seeking a Project Control Officer who has a minimum of 1-3 years working experience in project management and/or project coordination and/or project support, preferably with experience working in a consulting/contracting or information technology environment supporting project managers. This would be considered a junior project management/ project coordination position that will provide support to a number of project managers and project teams providing information technology services to our clients in the Natural Resource sector. The career path for this position would be in the Project Management domain.
• Support Project Managers and project teams with deliverables such as status reports, project plans, meeting minutes, schedules, resource plans, risk and issue tracking documents, and ensure all deliverables are tracked and filed appropriately;
• Ensure all corporately mandated documents and checklists are tracked and filed, and that a Project Closure Checklist is completed and filed for each project upon project completion;
• Ensure project time entries are valid for projects, and task descriptions reference project WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) tasks from MS Project plans, and complete weekly updates of MS Project plans;
• Complete monthly Time summary roll-ups, and initiate client project reporting;
• Manage and organize all project contractual information, including Accounting Summaries and Change Requests, and ensure all documents are properly executed and filed with Finance and on Ensemble;
• Maintain the Project Deliverables Checklist for all projects, and ensure that all deliverables are filed along with appropriate client approvals;
• Support the project teams with other document or material development as required for the various projects;
• Provide logistical support to project teams for such things as submitting resource assignment requests, booking meetings, maintaining distribution lists, following up with assigned resource on action items, etc.
The Project Control Officer is expected to be highly self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision. Interpersonal skills are also a key factor since there are requirements to interact with internal and client staff of varying levels of technical knowledge.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Post-secondary education with focus on Business Administration or related discipline;
• Training or certification in Project Management;
• 1-3 years related experience in project management and/or project coordination and/or project support.
• Working knowledge of MS Office 2010 suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio;
• Strong knowledge of and demonstrated experience with MS Project 2010 or higher;
• Experience with revenue and cost management, and billing/invoicing processes in a consulting/project related environment;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
• Self-Starter – high energy, highly motivated individual who is looking to assume new/additional responsibilities, grow and develop, with minimal supervision;
• Self-Confident & Self Managing – able to plan and execute tasks in a prescribed organized manner and timeframe without being directed and asked;
• Self-Assured – ability to handle pressure while working on multiple priorities under strict deadlines;
• Team Player – ability to work in a team environment working toward common goals;
• Client Focused – ensuring that the goal of providing internal and external clients with excellent service delivery is main focus.
• Intuitive – can think and plan ahead, develop and enhance processes and look for ways to do things more efficiently and effectively.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Sharepoint
- Microsoft Word
- Problem Solving/DecisionMaking
- Project Management
- Analytical Thinking
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?*
* This field is required.
<< Back to Job Openings Deputy Program Manager, Surface Vessels Company: Victoria Shipyards Company - Location: Victoria Shipyards - Victoria,BC Description The Deputy Program Manager (DPM) is a...
<< Back to Job Openings Mechanical Superintendent Company: Victoria Shipyards Company - Location: Victoria Shipyards - Victoria,BC Description The Mechanical Superintendent is responsible for...
Experience Exciting Projects with a Career at Babcock Babcock Canada provides critical and complex support to strategically important assets, infrastructure and training programs primarily in the...
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster...
Ministry of Attorney General Victoria This position is excluded from union membership. $73,400.00 - $101,900.00 annually Serving the Ministries of Attorney General (AG) and Public Safety and...
Planning & Protective Services, Regional Housing Competition 18/225 Status Exempt Management Salary Range $110, 500 - $130, 000 annually (2018 rates) Review of applications begins 4:00pm on...
<< Back to Job Openings Deputy Program Manager, Surface Vessels Company: Victoria...
<< Back to Job Openings Mechanical Superintendent Company: Victoria Shipyards Company -...
Experience Exciting Projects with a Career at Babcock Babcock Canada provides critical and...
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us...
Ministry of Attorney General Victoria This position is excluded from union...
Planning & Protective Services, Regional Housing Competition 18/225 Status Exempt...