BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada LLP is a national professional services firm providing assurance, tax, and advisory services and one of the largest accounting and advisory firms in Canada. With over 90 years of experience, we’ve built up people, technical and industry expertise to help clients meet business objectives.
Our Solutions Bookkeeping, Payroll and CFO Services team frees businesses from the day-to-day burden of financial and payroll accounting and financial reporting by offering a highly automated all-inclusive service with business information available anytime, anywhere. The practice area is growing rapidly, with both small and medium clients, and as a result, we have an immediate opening for a detail-oriented Payroll Technician to join our team.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Data entry; Payroll processing including input, validation, testing, and reporting into BDO payroll system
- Identify data discrepancies outside of the norm and alert the appropriate contact within the team
- Administer hourly & salary payroll, ensure timely payment to employees
- Follow up with clients on any discrepancies or missing time summaries
- Process government remittances and statutory and non-statutory deductions for each pay-period (EI, CPP and EHT)
- Generate requested payroll reports
- Work to various deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain payroll records as required by federal/provincial governing bodies
- Prepare termination packages (ROEs) and year-end reports, including T4 slips
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Post-Secondary Education is required
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Proficient user of the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Internet)
- Strong team player who is also comfortable with working on their own
- Multi-task oriented and able to meet deadlines
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Knowledge of general payroll processing and terminology would be an asset
- Previous payroll or data entry experience would be an asset
- Previous experience with High Line and/or Microsoft Dynamics GP payroll software would be an asset
Our Vision: One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.
Description Payroll Specialist Apply Refer a Friend Back Category: Clerical and Administrative Support Location: Malden, MA Department: Payroll Employment Type: Full Time Job Type: Non-Union Work...
Description Benefits Analyst Apply Refer a Friend Back Category: Professional and Management Location: Somerville, MA Department: Human Resources Employment Type: Full Time Job Type:...
Close Production Supervisor Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Manager Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Manufacturing,Operations,Engineering Years...
We are currently working with our Cambridge trucking client, one of Canada’s 50 best managed companies, to find a permanent full time midnight shift Driver Coordinator. The ideal candidate has 2...
Globally, Wolseley is the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. In Canada we are the country’s largest national trade...
Eaton is looking for a Wireman for our Milton plant. Primary Function · Reporting to a Production Manager, this position is responsible for mounting and intermediate wiring of components...
Description Payroll Specialist Apply Refer a Friend Back Category: Clerical and Administrative...
Description Benefits Analyst Apply Refer a Friend Back Category: Professional and...
Close Production Supervisor Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career...
We are currently working with our Cambridge trucking client, one of Canada’s 50 best managed...
Globally, Wolseley is the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and...
Eaton is looking for a Wireman for our Milton plant. Primary Function · Reporting to a...