We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work—engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning—begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Supervisor (Canada), based in our Edmonton, AB office. The Payroll Supervisor (Canada) is a member of our Canadian Finance Services team and will report directly to the Manager of Payroll for Canada.
This position will be responsible for the operations of the Canadian payroll department while demonstrating leadership in the commitment to service excellence. Ensuring complete compliance of all legislative requirements and ensures the accuracy of all payroll calculations and the timelines are adhered to on a weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or annual basis.
- Provide training, leadership and support to the Payroll Team to ensure timely and accurate payroll transactions.
- Ensure adherence to provincial and federal legislation, government regulations, and company policies and procedures.
- Monitor internal controls by reviewing payroll processing files and validating manual cheques and/or wire payments.
- Oversee the preparation of the non-routine payments such as incentives, severance, and lieu of notice to ensure compliance with employment agreements, company policy and Labour Standards.
- Assist with identifying opportunities for efficiency, process improvements, and accuracy as well as inspiring teamwork.
- Ensure documentation is kept current and develop and maintain methods of communicating new payroll information to team members.
- Act as a liaison to both internal and external clients.
- Assist with internal and external audits including compilation of data
- Coach and mentor Payroll team members.
- Provide performance feedback as needed and complete annual career development reviews for team members identifying goals for professional development.
- Ensure that all payroll information, files, and records are maintained in accordance with corporate policies and local statutes.
- PCP designation with the Canadian Payroll Association.
- Accounting Finance background an asset.
- Bilingual is an asset.
- Recent experience with a non-integrated payroll system.
- Minimum 5 - 10 years supervisory or manager experience.
- Extensive working knowledge of payroll and financial information systems.
- Highly proficient with MS Office products including Advanced Excel and Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expertise in Oracle products, HRMS, Payroll and Oracle Time and Labor
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, mentor, team building, and support staff.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, public relations, organizational, multitasking, work prioritization, research and problem solving skills with minimal supervision.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of various provincial payroll legislative regulatory frameworks. eg. Statutory holiday pay, payroll deductions, pensions, Revenue Canada, and Service Canada, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and judgement when handling confidential, sensitive, and/or controversial information.
- Demonstrated thorough written communication with the ability to verbally communicate information and ideas in a manner that can be understood by others.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and/or peak period workloads that will extend beyond the normal workday. Occasional weekend work will be required.
- Demonstrate ability to interact effectively and courteously with all levels of staff and key stakeholders.
Not ready to apply or not sure if we currently have an open position that would be your perfect fit? You can still connect with us so we can keep you updated on opportunities that match your skills and experience.
Vous n’êtes pas prêt(e) à envoyer votre candidature ou ne savez pas si nous avons actuellement un poste ouvert qui serait adapté à vos compétences? Vous pouvez toujours communiquer avec nous et nous vous informerons des possibilités qui correspondent à vos compétences et à votre expérience.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
Stantec appreciates the interest from the staffing industry, however, unsolicited resumes submitted to Stantec or any Stantec employee without a current and valid staffing agency contract in place with Stantec will not be eligible for any search fees. At this time, Stantec is not welcoming any additional inquiries for agency partnerships.
Agences de recrutement et de dotation
Stantec apprécie l’intérêt porté par les agences de dotation de personnel. Toutefois, tout curriculum vitae non-sollicité envoyé à Stantec ou à un employé de Stantec qui n’est pas lié à un contrat actuel et valide avec une agence ne pourra donner droit à des frais de recherche. En ce moment, Stantec n’est pas à la recherche de nouveaux partenariats avec des agences de dotation de personnel.
Payroll Lead JV Driver Group Leduc, AB Come Build With Us! Summary JV Driver has been providing construction services to the Oil & Gas, Energy, Petrochemical, Forestry, and Mining sectors since...
Payroll Supervisor JV Driver Group Leduc, AB Come Build With Us! Summary JV Driver has been providing construction services to the Oil & Gas, Energy, Petrochemical, Forestry, and Mining sectors...
Payroll Administer Fluor Driver Leduc, AB Summary Fluor Driver combines one of the largest global turnaround, construction, and maintenance firms (Fluor) with one of the best and safest Canadian...
Store Manager, Levi’s® Outlet, Edmonton International Airport Outlet Collection, Edmonton, Alberta, Levi Strauss, 13 daysJOB DESCRIPTION We believe that clothes — and how you make them — can make a difference. Since 1853, we’ve been obsessed with innovation to meet people’s needs. We invented the first blue jean....
Employee Service Centre Representative Job Number : 34137 The Edmonton Police Service is seeking one (1) self-motivated, organized professional to provide payroll and benefit services to its...
Senior Accounting Assistant, CAR Payroll & Benefits 11 months Job Number : 34202 Do you enjoy working within a team environment and have the ability to meet tight deadlines? Are you interested in...
Payroll Lead JV Driver Group Leduc, AB Come Build With Us! Summary JV Driver has been providing...
Payroll Supervisor JV Driver Group Leduc, AB Come Build With Us! Summary JV Driver has been...
Payroll Administer Fluor Driver Leduc, AB Summary Fluor Driver combines one of the largest...
Store Manager, Levi’s® Outlet, Edmonton International Airport Outlet Collection, Edmonton, Alberta, Levi Strauss, 13 daysJOB DESCRIPTION We believe that clothes — and how you make them — can make a difference. Since...
Employee Service Centre Representative Job Number : 34137 The Edmonton Police Service is seeking...
Senior Accounting Assistant, CAR Payroll & Benefits 11 months Job Number : 34202 Do you enjoy...