LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 24582
Do you have a combination of extensive payroll experience in a complex organization that includes cross-border, domestic and unionized workforces as well as proficiency leading payroll impacting change initiatives, using structured change management methodologies? Our Human Resources Operations team in Calgary is looking for you!
- Lead change initiatives using structured methodologies, delivering results for over 50 annual payroll changes
- Accountable for year-end including overseeing and assisting with the majority of payroll related tasks for Canada, US, international and expat tax services
- Perform quarterly and annual account & government reconciliations, remittances and reporting
- Maintain over 175 payroll procedures
- Responsible for SAP user acceptance testing for adhoc changes, support and legal change packs
- Provide work coverage for US, Canada, international and accounting analysts during peak periods and as needed throughout the year
Experience and Education:
- Minimum eight years of broad payroll experience in a larger organization with complex payroll experience that includes at least two years with a focus on each of the following areas: Canadian, U.S. and international payroll, payroll accounting and expat tax services
- Change management experience, leading continuous improvement initiatives using structured methodologies
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) or Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) designation would be an asset
- Post-secondary degree or diploma is preferred
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
Skills and Knowledge:
- Solid knowledge and experience using SAP or other HRIS, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple, competing activities while delivering expected outcomes
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, including preparing management-ready presentations
- You are able to build strong, positive relationships with diverse groups
- You continually seek greater knowledge about the systems, and processes in order to understand not just what you do but why you do it
- This position will be based in Calgary, Alberta at the Suncor Energy Centre
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Our mission to create energy for a better world begins with caring about the communities we live and work in, while responding to your interests and concerns. Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see how we're living up to our commitment to keeping you informed.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Suncor is committed to accessibility and accommodations will be provided to applicants upon request. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Professionals
Do you have some experience in the Oil and Gas industry? Our client is looking for a Junior Buyer to complete a one year contact in Calgary AB. The successful candidate will be responsible for...
o you have proven business development expertise in developing, marketing, and executing projects in the energy sector? Our Client is looking for a Manager, Storage Solutions to join their team on...
Our Oil and Gas client is looking for an individual to complete a one year contact as a Contact Coordinator in Calgary AB. This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to build their...
Are you looking for a new opportunity in the Oil and Gas industry? In this position as a Hydrogeologist would be partnering with our client’s water team to manage contaminant hydrogeologic and...
Do you have experience developing and executing plans to maximize success in potential ventures, with the ability to build strong customer relationships? Our client is looking for an individual to...
Do you want to work for a global supplier of products and services to the oil and gas industry located in Calgary AB? Reporting to the President, Canada the purpose of the Director ITK is to...
Do you have some experience in the Oil and Gas industry? Our client is looking for a Junior...
o you have proven business development expertise in developing, marketing, and executing...
Our Oil and Gas client is looking for an individual to complete a one year contact as a Contact...
Are you looking for a new opportunity in the Oil and Gas industry? In this position as a...
Do you have experience developing and executing plans to maximize success in potential ventures,...
Do you want to work for a global supplier of products and services to the oil and gas industry...