Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years)
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Industry: Packaged Goods
Job Category: Human Resources
Years Experience: 2-4 Years
Job Type: Full-time
Posting Date: October 08, 2020
Share this job:
At Arterra Wines Canada, we love inspiring the big and small moments that happen when our products are shared and enjoyed. For us it’s not just about what’s in and on the bottle, it’s what happens in people’s lives when we’re a part of them that keeps us thirsting for more and not resting on our laurels as Canada’s largest and most enjoyed wine company. We put the consumer at the center of everything we do and we’re looking for people who do the same.
The Payroll Specialist plays a critical role in the payroll department and is responsible for leading payroll processing, year-end processing, and responding to advanced inquiries from the business. This role reports to the Payroll Manager. The Payroll Specialist is also responsible for maintaining pay rule configuration in AWC’s time and attendance system (Kronos). Ideally our candidate is bilingual French and English.
- Experienced professional able to complete entire payroll processing cycle - lead high volume, multi-transactional bi-weekly salaried and hourly (Union and Non-Union) payroll for 2,500 employees using Workday Payroll.
- Responsible for executing the Workday payroll closing steps -performing full review of all audit results, identifying issues and errors, and correcting data or initiating that data is corrected to greater HRIS team. Review data entered by the Payroll Coordinator and auctioning controls for segregation of duties. Primary point of contact for benefits, HR partners and HRIS team for payroll team.
- Kronos (Time-tracking system) – Audit and balance Kronos hours weekly and contract Managers to correct hours, as needed. Run integration between Kronos and Workday and action error report. Audit and balance hours in Workday.
- Maintain pay rule configuration (work shifts) within Kronos and collaborate with HR and the Business to design and input new shifts as required by the business, this includes making updates in Kronos to ensure alignment to Workday configuration updates.
- Projects - Identity and propose process improvement projects for the end to end payorll process, and support Payroll Manager by contributing to payroll configuration design, leading the testing requirements, and implementing changes to both Kronos and Workday. Partner and work cross functionally with HR and IT on all payroll-related enhancements and projects.
- Reconcile payroll items to compensation-related General Ledger (GL). Fulfill audit requests for both financial statement audits and other payroll audits (e.g. WSIB) and serve as primarily point of contact escalating issues to the Payroll Manager as needed.
- Mentor to Payroll Coordinator, assistwith trouble shooting payroll inquiries, and common bi-weekly payroll issues including; rejected pay deposits, transmitting wires, making Pension payments, troubleshooting ROE exceptions.
- Serve as the primary payroll contact between AWC and our payroll services provider.
- Perform special research and analysis on technical requests for Workday, learn and develop Workday skills.
- Stay up to date on Payroll related legislation.
Experience, Education and Qualifications
- University degree preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience with both salaried and hourly payroll
- Knowledge of Canadian payroll compliance and related legislation (CRA, ESA, WSIB, EHT, Privacy)
- Experience processing Quebec and unionized payrolls
- Experience with cloud-based HRIS applications, and in-house payroll systems (Kronos and Workday experience an asset)
- Payroll accounting experience an asset
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner certification preferred
- Bilingual - French and English preferred
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Benefits and Pension Plan
- Product Allowances & Safe Ride Home Program
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training & Development Programs
- An opportunity to learn about the world of wine
Number of Openings:
We are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are also committed to preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities, and we invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or accommodation needs.
Learn More about Arterra Wines Canada
See all Arterra Wines Canada job postings
Setup a Career Alert for similar jobs
Send to a friend
Share this job:
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply...
Posting #864618 Position: Ward Clerk Site: Toronto Western Hospital Department: 3B Fell - General Internal Medicine (GIM)/Cardiology Reports to: Nurse Manager Scale/Grade: A0 04 Salary Range: ...
Job Posting #864366 Position: Ward Clerk Site: Toronto Western Hospital Department: General Internal Medicine, 4B Reports To: Manager Scale/Grade: A004 Salary Range: $18.41-$23.02 per hour...
Job Posting #864184 Position: Ward Clerk Site: Toronto Western Hospital Department: General Internal Medicine, 8B Reports To: Manager Scale/Grade: A004 Salary Range: $18.41-$23.02 per hour...
JOB POSTING #864283 Position: Customer Service Representative Department: Altum Health Site: Toronto Reports to: Site Manager Hours: 37.5 per week Status: Temporary Full-time Altum Health is...
JOB POSTING #864234 Position: Inpatient Program Assistant Site: Bickle Centre, Toronto Rehab Department: South 5 CCC Reports to: Manager, Program Services Scale/Grade: A0 05 Salary: $20.45 -...
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise...
Posting #864618 Position: Ward Clerk Site: Toronto Western Hospital Department: 3B Fell -...
Job Posting #864366 Position: Ward Clerk Site: Toronto Western Hospital Department: General...
Job Posting #864184 Position: Ward Clerk Site: Toronto Western Hospital Department: General...
JOB POSTING #864283 Position: Customer Service Representative Department: Altum...
JOB POSTING #864234 Position: Inpatient Program Assistant Site: Bickle Centre, Toronto...