BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada LLP is a national professional services firm providing assurance, tax, and advisory services and one of the largest accounting and advisory firms in Canada. With over 90 years of experience, we’ve built up people, technical and industry expertise to help clients meet business objectives.
Our Solutions Payroll, Bookkeeping and CFO Services team frees businesses from the day-to-day burden of financial and payroll accounting and financial reporting by offering a highly automated all-inclusive service with business information available anytime, anywhere. The practice area is growing rapidly, with both small and medium clients, and as a result, we have an immediate opening for a detail-oriented Payroll Services Client Onboarding Specialist to join our team at our Guelph office.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Work with outsourcing staff to get information from new clients in order to on-board them into our system in a timely manner
- Thorough review of payroll assignments to ensure professional standards are met and figure out what is needed in new engagements
- Assist in the development and delivery of practical business advice for clients
- Ensure staff and clients understand client’s requests, deadlines etc.
- Effective communication with clients, partners and staff
- Occasional travel to various BDO offices or client locations is required
- Occasional presentation of proposals to larger clients or partner/manager groups about our services
- Data entry; Payroll processing including input, validation, testing, and reporting into BDO payroll system
- Identify data discrepancies outside of the norm and alert the appropriate contact within the team
- Administer hourly & salary payroll, ensure timely payment to employees
- Follow up with clients on any discrepancies or missing time summaries
- Generate requested payroll reports
- Work to various deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain payroll records as required by federal/provincial governing bodies
- Prepare termination packages (ROEs) and year-end reports, including T4 slips
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Post-Secondary Education is required
- 1+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Proficient user of the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Internet)
- Strong team player who is also comfortable with working on their own
- Multi-task oriented and able to meet deadlines
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Knowledge of general payroll processing and terminology would be an asset
- Previous payroll or data entry experience would be an asset
- Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP would be an asset
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.
Senior Payroll Coordinator - TELUS Employer Solutions - HEA03806-18 Description Position Overview: Who WE Are: TELUS Employer Solutions, (TES) is a leading provider of HR Business Process...
A Sustainable Protein Company We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the...
PRODUCTION TEAM LEADER Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods? Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality,...
Halton Healthcare Services posting #: 2018-829883 CUPE 815 Position: Unit Clerk Department: Intensive Care Unit Status: Temporary Part-time (must provide availability up to 0.5 FTE) approximately...
The Source is Canada’s largest tech retailer, and every day we come into work excited to share cool tech and amazing brands with our fellow Canadians. From your local shopping centre to cool music...
Posting #: 2018-831270 SEIU Position: Clerical Associate Department: Emergency Status: Temporary Part-Time (approx. 6 months) Must provide availability up to 0.6 FTE. Hours: Various rotating 8 &...
Senior Payroll Coordinator - TELUS Employer Solutions - HEA03806-18 Description Position...
A Sustainable Protein Company We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years,...
PRODUCTION TEAM LEADER Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods? Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s...
Halton Healthcare Services posting #: 2018-829883 CUPE 815 Position: Unit Clerk Department:...
The Source is Canada’s largest tech retailer, and every day we come into work excited to share...
Posting #: 2018-831270 SEIU Position: Clerical Associate Department: Emergency Status: Temporary...