BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada LLP is a national professional services firm providing assurance, tax, and advisory services and one of the largest accounting and advisory firms in Canada. With over 90 years of experience, we’ve built up people, technical and industry expertise to help clients meet business objectives.
Our Solutions Payroll, Bookkeeping and CFO Services team frees businesses from the day-to-day burden of financial and payroll accounting and financial reporting by offering a highly automated all-inclusive service with business information available anytime, anywhere. The practice area is growing rapidly, with both small and medium clients, and as a result, we have an immediate opening for a detail-oriented Payroll Services Client Onboarding Specialist to join our team at our Guelph office.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Work with outsourcing staff to get information from new clients in order to on-board them into our system in a timely manner
- Thorough review of payroll assignments to ensure professional standards are met and figure out what is needed in new engagements
- Assist in the development and delivery of practical business advice for clients
- Ensure staff and clients understand client’s requests, deadlines etc.
- Effective communication with clients, partners and staff
- Occasional travel to various BDO offices or client locations is required
- Occasional presentation of proposals to larger clients or partner/manager groups about our services
- Data entry; Payroll processing including input, validation, testing, and reporting into BDO payroll system
- Identify data discrepancies outside of the norm and alert the appropriate contact within the team
- Administer hourly & salary payroll, ensure timely payment to employees
- Follow up with clients on any discrepancies or missing time summaries
- Generate requested payroll reports
- Work to various deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain payroll records as required by federal/provincial governing bodies
- Prepare termination packages (ROEs) and year-end reports, including T4 slips
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Post-Secondary Education is required
- 1+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Proficient user of the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Internet)
- Strong team player who is also comfortable with working on their own
- Multi-task oriented and able to meet deadlines
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Knowledge of general payroll processing and terminology would be an asset
- Previous payroll or data entry experience would be an asset
- Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP would be an asset
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.
Description Benefits Analyst Apply Refer a Friend Back Category: Professional and Management Location: Somerville, MA Department: Human Resources Employment Type: Full Time Job Type:...
We are currently working with our Cambridge trucking client, one of Canada’s 50 best managed companies, to find a permanent full time midnight shift Driver Coordinator. The ideal candidate has 2...
Description Payroll Specialist Apply Refer a Friend Back Category: Clerical and Administrative Support Location: Malden, MA Department: Payroll Employment Type: Full Time Job Type: Non-Union Work...
A mutually rewarding experience. Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer...
Store Manager - PartSource - Guelph 700 - C04P5E PartSource is a chain of automotive parts specialty stores that offer brand-name auto parts to the medium to heavy ‘do-it-yourselfers,’ automotive...
Globally, Wolseley is the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. In Canada we are the country’s largest national trade...
Description Benefits Analyst Apply Refer a Friend Back Category: Professional and...
We are currently working with our Cambridge trucking client, one of Canada’s 50 best managed...
Description Payroll Specialist Apply Refer a Friend Back Category: Clerical and Administrative...
A mutually rewarding experience. Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being...
Store Manager - PartSource - Guelph 700 - C04P5E PartSource is a chain of automotive parts...
Globally, Wolseley is the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and...