Apply now »
Date: May 11, 2018
Location: Grimsby, ON, CA, L3M 4H5
Company: John Deere
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here, the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. RIGHT NOW.
Title: 50766674 - Payroll Administrator - 40231
Primary Location: Canada (CA) - Ontario (CA-ON) - Grimsby
Organizational Group: WW FINANCE
Personnel Area: 8000 - Canadian General Office
Function: Accounting / Finance
Title: 50766674 - Payroll Administrator
Candidates applying for this position must have the proper work authorization to work in Canada in order to be considered for this position. Canada visa sponsorship is not available for this role.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for various payroll functions such as investigating and resolving discrepancies and processing special pay situations to provide accurate and timely wages and salaries to employees with minimal supervision. This position is located in the Grimsby office.
- Responsible for all federal and provincial payroll compliance and monthly reporting (WSIB, EHT, etc) and managing government payroll audits.
- Responsible for federal and provincial payroll compliance related to T4s.
- Operates as the point person for various communications with ADP and eTime.
- Runs weekly and semi-monthly payroll in a timely and accurate manner.
- Analyzes data for any payroll discrepancies through the ADP eTime system.
- Investigates & resolves the most complex payroll discrepancies such as those that require follow-up outside of the department.
- Processes special pay situations that include running various programs and auditing the program output.
- Analyzes legal and contractual documents related to payroll issues such as garnishments.
- Develops, performs and reviews test work to support ADP system changes.
- Investigates and responds to employee questions received via shared mailbox or payroll phone line
- Processes journal entries and intercompany charges
- Leads complex payroll projects, working with other departments and functional areas
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Intermediate knowledge of payroll processing programs (ADP Global View and eTime Time Tracking system), payroll legislation and reporting, and payroll contractual language.
- Actively working on or have attained the Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) level from the Canadian Payroll Association.
- Understanding of the accounting fundamentals, such as debits, credits, accounts receivable, accounts payable, budgets, etc.
- Proficiency in the use of standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office plus intranet and Internet functions.
- Solid intermediate Excel skills.
- Previous experience in Accounting, Human Resources or Payroll.
- Ability to work overtime to meet deadlines when required, which could include statutory holidays and holiday shutdown to process weekly payrolls.
- University degree or equivalent in education and experience in Human Resources, Payroll, Finance or Accounting.
- Desire to pursue further payroll education and ideally to obtain the Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) designation through the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA)
- Skilled in interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
In accordance with the John Deere Accommodation Policy, reasonable accommodation of any of these qualifications may be considered.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 7 business days and unposted when a qualified pool of candidates is achieved.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An equal opportunity employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.
Job Segment: Compliance, Legal
Apply now »
As the world’s number one distributor of heating and plumbing materials and a leading supplier of building materials, we know that talented people are essential to maintaining our success in the...
Close Production Supervisor - Ontario Packaging Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category:...
The Source is Canada’s largest tech retailer, and every day we come into work excited to share cool tech and amazing brands with our fellow Canadians. From your local shopping centre to cool music...
We are looking for individuals that are passionate about Food, Hospitality, and are Guest focused as well as being a strong and motivating team player. Swiss Chalet is looking for Servers for our...
Registered Nurse, Infusion Clinic, Casual - Burlington - (18008262) Description McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of...
Customer Service Representative Requisition ID : 18015903 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Part Time Job : Customer Service/Customer Associate Work Location : Canada-Ontario-Grimsby-27 Main...
As the world’s number one distributor of heating and plumbing materials and a leading supplier...
Close Production Supervisor - Ontario Packaging Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals...
The Source is Canada’s largest tech retailer, and every day we come into work excited to share...
We are looking for individuals that are passionate about Food, Hospitality, and are Guest...
Registered Nurse, Infusion Clinic, Casual - Burlington - (18008262) Description McKesson is in...
Customer Service Representative Requisition ID : 18015903 Position Type: Regular Position...