- For Professionals
- For Policymakers
- About Diabetes
- Diabetes & You
- In Your Community
- How You Can Help
- Publications & Newsletters
- Clinical Practice & Education
Part-time Operations Clerk
|Location:||Red Deer, AB|
|# of openings:||1|
Operations Clerk – Part-Time (National Diabetes Trust)
Through our National Diabetes Trust operations, we divert more than 48 million kilograms of clothing and household items from landfills. One hundred per cent of net proceeds directly supports Diabetes Canada and helps send more than 2,400 children and youth with type 1 diabetes to Diabetes Canada's D-Camps. Additionally, what we raise funds world-leading diabetes research, education and advocacy.
As an employee on the National Diabetes Trust team, you are part of our national coverage in 2,500 communities, with 28 operations and 100 trucks. Join a team that is making a difference raising money for life altering charitable programs, all while helping the environment.
About the Operations Clerk (Part-Time) Role
This part-time role supports the Operations Manager to meet National Diabetes Trust’s mission through various revenue generation methods, with a specific focus on our clothing donation and household pickup program. The Operations Clerk delivers exceptional customer service to donors by assisting in the seamless operations of the office by coordinating and scheduling collection activities. The Operations Clerk will manage the operation in the absence of the Operations Manager.
Some highlights for this role include:
· Answer incoming calls, handle customer inquiries, and redirect calls as required
· Accommodate customer requests for pick up dates. Ensure client service and follow up via telephone or web within 1 business day
· Prepare driver route paperwork, ensuring accuracy of all information
· Update database from previous day’s routes, clean and incorporate new client information as per Canada Post standards
· Accurately input and file all driver, route and vehicle reports and documentation; e.g., Route Report, Delivery Report, Driver’s Daily Log, Vehicle Inspection Report, Driver’s Vehicle Condition Report, etc.
· Communicate special pick-ups and cancellations to drivers in a timely manner
· Assist in marketing, drop box, and new business functions as required
· Advise and communicate necessary information to/from Drivers and Value Village
· Notify manager/supervisor regarding problems concerning Drivers, trucks, and complaints
· Ensure effective communication from day shift to evening shift
· Provide general clerical support to management staff
· Other duties as required
As the successful candidate for the Operations Clerk (part-time) role you will meet the following requirements:
· Post-Secondary certificate in office administration or equivalent experience
· One year office experience
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal and customer service skills
· Project a positive, professional image and maintain calm demeanour during stressful situations
· Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people
· Pleasant and professional telephone manner
· Good command of the English language
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
How to Apply
Diabetes Canada and National Diabetes Trust are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, and value a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results
How you can help
- Donate Now
- Team Diabetes
- Sponsor Someone
- Make a Future Gift
- Corporate Support
In your community
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Gestational Diabetes
Other helpful links
© 2017 Canadian Diabetes Association. The Canadian Diabetes Association is the registered owner of the name Diabetes Canada. Charitable Registration Number: 11883 0744 RR0001
Position Title Delivery Driver Helper Closing Date 3/31/2018 Job Description If you've been looking to join a team that values your energy and talents, offers multiple career paths, and provides...
17-Mar-2018 Red Deer Alberta Store Location 2010 50TH AVENUE, RED DEER, AB, T4R 3A2 Company Summary Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 400 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2...
Dynacare is looking for 5 Courier/Driver (s) to join our team in Red Deer and Edmonton areas in Alberta. Reporting to the Operation Manager, the courier(s) are responsible for the pick-up and...
Req Id: 192501 Come work for a company that loves you. At Virgin Mobile, we don’t have “customers”, we have Members. And Members get access to exclusive music events, VIP treatment, and killer...
Dynacare is looking for a courier to join our team in Red Deer, AB. Reporting to the Operation Manager, the courier is responsible for the pick-up and delivery of medical samples, reports and...
Commercial Specialist - PartSource - Red Deer AB 791 - C04NI5 PartSource is a chain of automotive parts specialty stores that offer brand-name auto parts to the medium to heavy...
Position Title Delivery Driver Helper Closing Date 3/31/2018 Job Description If you've been...
17-Mar-2018 Red Deer Alberta Store Location 2010 50TH AVENUE, RED DEER, AB, T4R 3A2 Company...
Dynacare is looking for 5 Courier/Driver (s) to join our team in Red Deer and Edmonton areas in...
Req Id: 192501 Come work for a company that loves you. At Virgin Mobile, we don’t have...
Dynacare is looking for a courier to join our team in Red Deer, AB. Reporting to the Operation...
Commercial Specialist - PartSource - Red Deer AB 791 - C04NI5 PartSource is a chain of...