School District No. 57 is located in the centre of the province, extending north to Mackenzie, south to Hixon, and east to McBride and Valemount. The district encompasses 52,000 square kilometers and is the second largest school district in the province in geographical size. We have 32 elementary schools, 8 secondary schools, and a Centre for Learning Alternatives.
Known as BC's northern capital, Prince George is a bustling city of over 77,000 residents, situated at the crossroads of Hwy. 97 (north-south) and Hwy. 16 (east-west), and at the confluence of the Fraser and Nechako Rivers. As a major City of the Pacific Rim, Prince George is firmly tied to the global market. The area offers a lifestyle that is definitely worth boasting about. Residents enjoy affordable housing, incomes above provincial averages, an extensive range of quality services, and cultural and sports events. Recreational opportunities are second to none and range from golfing, skiing, fishing and hunting to an endless list of team sports. Local post-secondary educational facilities include the University of Northern British Columbia and the College of New Caledonia.
Click here to apply
Job Description & Requirements
Supervisor, General Trades
With minimal direction the painter performs interior and exterior painting. The painter works cooperatively with other employees, and the public.
- Prepares and paints, stains or varnishes interior and exterior surfaces including sanding, minor filling, pressure washing using various powered equipment
- Estimates materials required for projects
- Advises and assists other employees as appropriate
- Reports parts and supplies inventory levels and orders materials as required
- Reports work completed including time and materials used
- Maintains a clean, safe work environment
- Performs other maintenance related or emergent duties
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY, SKILLS:
- Completion of Grade 12
- Valid Provincial Certificate of Qualification as a Painter
- Minimum of five years related experience as a journeyperson
- Valid B.C. Class 5 Driver’s License
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures, including Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System and Workers’ Compensation regulations
- Ability to plan and schedule work and organize the workload effectively
- Ability to work in confined areas and at heights
- Ability to maintain close attention to detail
- Ability to use courtesy and tact in the explanation of and discussion of information in contact with students, suppliers and other staff
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to perform individually and as part of a team
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED (Painter)
Hand tools, power tools, air tools, brushes, pressure washer, sand blaster, truck, paint mixer, ladder, scaffolding, spray booth, aerial work platforms and other painter’s equipment.
- Sufficient vision to perform duties of a painter
- Fundamental ability to use the tools and equipment of the trade
- Manual dexterity
Contact Helen Schlick at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Current practicing membership with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM). - Two (2) years recent related experience in patient care, including one (1) year experience with...
Brandt is currently seeking a Service Technician for our Prince George location. This position is responsible for the repair and maintenance of construction and forestry based equipment and...
- Graduation from a recognized/accredited Northern American Program in Diagnostic Medical Imaging. - Five (5) recent related experience including one (1) year in a supervisory or teaching...
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing LPN registrant. Skills and Abilities: - Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with residents,...
Graduation from an approved School of Nursing plus current practicing membership with the BC College of Registered Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM). Three (3) years' experience on an acute psychiatric,...
- Current registration with CSMLS. A.R.T. BSc (MLT) or equivalent preferred. - Demonstrated knowledge of accreditation standards - Five (5) years recent experience in Laboratory Quality...
- Current practicing membership with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives...
Brandt is currently seeking a Service Technician for our Prince George location. This position...
- Graduation from a recognized/accredited Northern American Program in Diagnostic Medical...
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing LPN registrant. Skills and...
Graduation from an approved School of Nursing plus current practicing membership with the BC...
- Current registration with CSMLS. A.R.T. BSc (MLT) or equivalent preferred. - Demonstrated...