Packaging Shipping Operator - Contract
Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years)
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Industry: Packaged Goods
Job Category: Manufacturing
Years Experience: 1-2 Years
Job Type: Contract
Contract Length: 1 year
Posting Date: November 13, 2020
Share this job:
Perform packaging operations including quality control operations and close management of packaging team. This is a 1-year, contract based position.
- All PPE must be worn in compliance with the OHSA/RC requirements
- Enforce/Respect the safety rules and the internal policy
- Stop any equipment / operative works / external company works if safety/environment protection/fire protection rules are broken
- Guarantee and apply ISO 14001 (Environment), and all related working procedures
- Ownership of environmental responsibilities listed in ENV-REF-002 – Associates SEA Matrix
QUALITY & FOOD SAFETY
- Guarantee and apply ISO 9001, FSS/ISO22000, Mars Standards, and all related working procedures
- Support the HACCP program in the department
- Follow GMP-GHP in the area
- Inform Shift Supervisor of quality deviations according to product standards and production procedures
- Maintain CCPs and oPrPs in the department
- Perform the CCP and oPrP’s procedure according to SOPs
- Sampling of products to ensure quality control (micro sampling)
- Report any pest activity to related Manager
- Perform and record quality control tests
- Adhere to multi-skills policy and acquire at least one additional competence as established with and by Management
- Training: attend any training program as scheduled by company management and train any designed person in the position
- Lead packaging workforce on line in order to comply with the production planning
MANAGEMENT & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up packaging machines
- Operate packaging machines
- Stack packaged products in case / on pallets
- Monitor packaging machines
- Identify bags / case / pallets according to GMP
- Perform inventory of raw ingredients / packaging materials / finished products in bins, silos and racks (cyclical and period end inventories)
- Perform daily monitoring swabs (M swabs) as required
- Perform area-related equipment first level maintenance
- Any task as delegated by Manager
- Work closely with the extruder operator in order to maintain the highest efficiency of the plant for completion of the production planning
- Full knowledge of packaging operations (Paper bag machines, Plastic bag machines, Sampling machine, On-Process Check-Weigher, Inkjet, Labeler, Wrappers, Screeners, Scales, Quality control, Forklift / Pallet truck operations, Packaging materials / Finished goods)
CLEANLINESS & TIDINESS
- Perform Housekeeping Checks to ensure compliance to 5S
- Perform operational cleaning operations
- Change over cleaning
- Weekly cleaning
- Hypo cleaning
COMMUNICATION & INFORMATION
- Provide any requested documentation to other Departments according to internal rules
- Shift changes: communicate with co-worker of next shift about machine problems, progress on production schedule, bin inventories, quality issue
- Complete production reports as required by manager and record any production events (stops, quantity, quality)
BACKGROUND EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Training and/or experience in functional tasks (opt: knowledge of feed/food industry)
- Leadership, Good communication, Cost conscious, Initiative, Self-motivated, Team player, Safety & Hygiene & Quality conscious, Technically inclined, Unrestricted range of motion, Color discrimination, Olfactory & texture perception, Depth perception, Tolerance to hot environment
Mars is a family-owned business with more than $35 billion in global sales. We produce some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’sÂ®, SNICKERSÂ®, TWIXÂ®, MILKY WAYÂ®, DOVEÂ®, PEDIGREEÂ®, ROYAL CANINÂ®, WHISKASÂ®, EXTRAÂ®, ORBITÂ®, 5â„¢, SKITTLESÂ®, BEN’S ORIGINALÂ® MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIAÂ®. Alongside our consumer brands, we proudly take care of half of the world’s pets through our nutrition, health and services businesses such as Banfield Pet Hospitalsâ„¢, BluePearlÂ®, Linnaeus, AniCura, VCAâ„¢ and Pet Partnersâ„¢.Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire our 130,000 Associates into taking action every day towards creating the world we want tomorrow.
Learn More about Mars Canada Inc.
See all Mars Canada Inc. job postings
Setup a Career Alert for similar jobs
Send to a friend
Share this job:
Brandt is currently seeking a Service Writer for our Milton location. This position is responsible for assisting the service manager in maintaining accurate and on-time reports and records...
BSc or higher with formulation development experience Experience working in pharmaceutical environment Experience in liquid, creams, semi-solid formulation is ideal Kelly Scientific Resources...
JOB POSTING #866628 Position: Physiotherapist (1 position) Department: Altum Health Site: Hamilton Queensdale Reports to: Site Manager Status: Temporary Full Time (14 months) Altum Health is a...
1 month contract Location: London, ON Daytime hours Responsibilities: Responsible for setting up, monitoring and operating the waterjet machine Performing machine set up, routine maintenance and...
Brandt is currently seeking a Service Technician for our Milton location. This position is responsible for the repair and maintenance of construction and forestry based equipment and attachments...
technicien/technicienne au contrôle de la qualité - transformation des aliments, 9259-7798 QUÉBEC INC., about 1 monthCette offre a été publiée par une agence de placement ou un intermédiaire du marché du travail. Nombre de poste(s) à combler : 1 N° de l'offre : 7765710 Appellation d'emploi à l'interne (si...
Brandt is currently seeking a Service Writer for our Milton location. This position is...
BSc or higher with formulation development experience Experience working in pharmaceutical...
JOB POSTING #866628 Position: Physiotherapist (1 position) Department: Altum Health Site:...
1 month contract Location: London, ON Daytime hours Responsibilities: Responsible for setting...
Brandt is currently seeking a Service Technician for our Milton location. This position is...
technicien/technicienne au contrôle de la qualité - transformation des aliments, 9259-7798 QUÉBEC INC., about 1 monthCette offre a été publiée par une agence de placement ou un intermédiaire du marché du...