Etobicoke Mimico NW The Queensway West South of Bloor Kingsway Park South West Royal York South West, ONTARIO | 7 days
$50,235 Average salary of similar jobs | Check Salary...
Outlet Supervisor, Library Bar
: Canada-Toronto-The Fairmont Royal York
Outlet Supervisor, Library BarAt Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, exceptional service and flavours are the hallmarks of every dining experience. As Outlet Supervisor, your passion for guest service and the pride you take in our menu offerings will ensure your Outlet is a preferred dining destination and workplace!
Hotel Overview: Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, The Fairmont Royal York is within walking distance to the business and theatre districts and the city's best shopping and dining. Having hosted more than 40 million guests since it opened its doors in 1929, The Fairmont Royal York continues to represent the epitome of hospitality. With 1365 guest rooms, 70,000 square feet in 34 conference and banquet rooms, and over 1200 colleagues, The Fairmont Royal York depicts the elegance of its past while providing the finest conveniences for today's travellers.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Library Bar Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervises day to day function of all restaurant employees, facilities, sales, and costs
- Controls and analyzes, on an ongoing basis, the following: Quality levels of production; Guest satisfaction (VOG); Employee satisfaction (CES); merchandising and marketing; Operating costs (financials)
- Ensures optimum performance in each of the above areas
- Supervises, coordinates and directs the prompt, efficient and courteous serving of food and beverages in the restaurant
- Ensures optimal service is being provided while maximizing profit potential
- Establishes and maintains effective employee relations
- Ensures proper staffing levels are maintained while balancing quality and sales with daily/seasonal staffing demands
- To conduct, under the guidance of the Food and Beverage Director, such functions as interviewing, hiring, employee orientation, training, on the job performance, coaching, counseling and suspension if necessary to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity
- Develops formal training program per outlet, as well as an annual training calendar, implements on the job training sessions for the restaurant employees, responsible for meeting training goals
- Produces and implements creative promotional programs with their outlet with the goal of boosting sales and visibility and develops annual promotions calendar in coordination with the F&B Director
- Attends and contributes to the weekly food and beverage departmental meetings
- Conducts pre meal briefings and maintains liaison with the Executive Chef
- Conducts cleaning inspections on a regular basis to ensure compliance with health standards and hotel cleanliness standards
- Participates in service as necessary in accordance with the requirements and practices of the restaurant
- Ensures hotel grooming and appearance standards are met
- Controls stocks for daily use in restaurants to ensure service requirements are met
- Schedules guests’ reservations and arrange for private parties
- Ensure all health and safety procedures and policies are adhered to by all staff and follow through with any health and safety requests made by staff
- Participates in the preparation of the food and beverage department budget and goals
- Conducts all administrative work required, including but not limited to: schedules, cleaning and maintenance logbooks, opening/closing duties, cleaning checklists, tracks and compiles sales statistics per month
- Knowledge of personal code of conduct handbook
- Thorough knowledge of health and safety policies and procedures including WHMIS training
- Must be able to work varying shifts
- Previous Food and Beverage leadership experience required
- Previous Point of Sale system experience required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Available for shift work including weekends and holidays
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must already be legally permitted to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Fairmont Hotels and Resorts believes in outstanding hospitality. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 416-860-4512 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you require accommodation.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
: Management / Supervisory
: Rotating / Shift Work
: 23.Mar.2018, 11:59:00 PM
: Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management Minimum of 2 years experience as Assistant Restaurant Manager Strong leadership skills Good food and beverage product knowledge Computer skills...
Assistant Laundry & Valet Manager The Assistant Laundry & Valet Manager is a key leadership role in the overall success of the Laundry and Valet department, and the Hotel. The successful candidate...
: • Ability to work in fast paced surroundings • To be flexible with shifts of the restaurant depending on the business demands • Willingness to learn new concepts and ideas • Excellent...
: Red Seal Certificate (Journeyman’s papers) or Recognized International Equivalent Minimum 5 years cooking experience in a luxury hotel with comparable service and standards Experience in a...
: Minimum 8 years cooking experience including experience in a large banquet kitchen Experience in a luxury hotel with comparable service and standards Red Seal Certificate (Journeyman’s papers)...
: Previous customer related experience an asset Excellent communication skills and a professional presentation Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities Highly responsible &...
: Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management Minimum of 2 years experience as Assistant...
Assistant Laundry & Valet Manager The Assistant Laundry & Valet Manager is a key leadership role...
: • Ability to work in fast paced surroundings • To be flexible with shifts of the restaurant...
: Red Seal Certificate (Journeyman’s papers) or Recognized International Equivalent Minimum 5...
: Minimum 8 years cooking experience including experience in a large banquet kitchen Experience...
: Previous customer related experience an asset Excellent communication skills and a...