6800 Maritz Drive
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of 390 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 400,000 customers daily. With more than 95,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $200 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at walmartcanada.ca, facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada.
This position is responsible for directing a group of Assistant Operations Managers in the overall fulfillment of distribution center (DC) operations. Ensures strategic operational plans are developed and implemented within the site, and analyzes and reports on the achievement of site key performance indicators (KPI’s).
• Conducts operational analysis of the receiving, order-filling, and shipping functions to ensure efficiency and effective coordination between the functions. Identifies improvement opportunities and submits recommendations to maximize current operations or plan for operational changes.
• Collects, reviews, and analyzes operational information [key performance indicators (KPI’s), TPR, budget reports, operational expenditures and other controls] on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
• Works with Assistant Operations Managers to define, coordinate, and develop solutions for department or area specific requirements and problems.
• In coordination with General Manager, researches new operations processes in terms of the capital and human resources required. Develops equipment layout, work process and/or technology utilization specifications that meet output requirements to maximize material logistics processes.
• Identifies and manages priorities to ensure customer expectations are met and exceeded. Participates in and may delegate or manage responsibilities of special projects or task forces.
• Provides ongoing support, coaching and development of Assistant Operations Managers, including the establishment of annual performance objectives, conducting performance discussions, making compensation recommendations, and conducting succession planning and skill development discussions.
• Supports, develops, and trains direct reports on the interpretation and application of all employment related programs and procedures, including Health and Safety, in order to ensure compliance with the relevant legislation and company policy. Ensures the active promotion of open communications and the Walmart Canada Logistics way.
• Ensures the smooth flow of communication between operations and the support functions in order to create consistency and clarity of direction on operational projects and priorities and awareness of support function requirements.
• Consults with peers and associates at Home Office and other sites in order to share information and best practices.
• Participates in the Occupational Health and Safety Competency Training for Managers provided by the company.
• Be familiar and ensure compliance with the Ontario Health and Safety Act with attention to Sections 25, 26, 27 and 28.
Canada Walmart Division
• Completion of post-secondary education in Business Management, Operations Management, or Inventory Control.
• Advanced level of experience in warehousing logistics, operations and support services or quality assurance.
• Issue management skills including problem solving and trouble-shooting; information gathering including research, interpretation and analysis (i.e. client and system requirements, description of problems, etc.); and conflict management.
• Project management skills including needs analysis, information gathering, research, analysis, and reporting skills; preparing and maintaining detailed project plans.
• Managerial skills including selection, coaching and counseling associates, evaluating performance, team building, and administration and operational planning including budgeting and resource allocation.
• Responsible for leading a high-performing team. Results-driven leader who can mentor and help grow direct reports is a must.
• A strong proponent and behavior-modeler of Active Leadership. Is approachable and visible in the warehouse daily and works in collaborative partnership with Operations Management at the site and other sites, National as well as develops good working relationships with Support departments and associates.
• Communication skills (verbal, written, facilitation) including an ability to interact with all levels of the organization
• Time management skills including an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines under pressure.
Licensing & Other Qualifications
• This position requires confidentiality in dealing with client information, employee performance information and specific business objectives and financial information of the Company.
• Works in a fast-paced environment within deadlines that are competing and unpredictable. Must ensure operational functions are effectively coordinated to ensure optimal efficiency.
• Communications are mostly non-routine and non-controversial, involving professional discussions and meetings among key stakeholders.
• Frequent requirement for attention to detail; prolonged use of computer terminal equipment.
• Works in a typical office environment with frequent/daily exposure to the warehouse-operating environment, temperature variations, under conditions of minor risk of injury and low physical effort.
Job Posting Job ID: 31220 Vancouver - Point Grey Campus Location: Employment Group: CUPE 2950 (Cler/Secr/Library) Job Category: CUPE 2950 Lib Asst & Specialst Classification Title: Library...
Job Overview The Justice Institute of British Columbia (JIBC) is Canada's leading public safety educator - a public post-secondary educational institution that has earned a worldwide reputation...
Job Posting Job ID: 31153 Vancouver - Point Grey Campus Location: Employment Group: CUPE 2950 (Cler/Secr/Library) Job Category: CUPE 2950 Administrative Suppt Classification Title: Administrative...
Job Overview BRITISH COLUMBIA SECURITIES COMMISSION Project Support Administrator, Two-year Temporary Appointment Project Management Office Centrally located in downtown Vancouver, t he British...
Job Posting Job ID: 31272 Vancouver - Point Grey Campus Location: Employment Group: Management&Professional (AAPS) Job Category: Student Management Classification Title: Student Management, Level...
Job Overview About PNI We innovate. We lead. We excel. The PNI Media Platform offers on-demand, personalized print products to the world's largest retailers. PNI Digital Media Inc. provides...
Job Posting Job ID: 31220 Vancouver - Point Grey Campus Location: Employment Group: CUPE 2950...
Job Overview The Justice Institute of British Columbia (JIBC) is Canada's leading public safety...
Job Posting Job ID: 31153 Vancouver - Point Grey Campus Location: Employment Group: CUPE 2950...
Job Overview BRITISH COLUMBIA SECURITIES COMMISSION Project Support Administrator, Two-year...
Job Posting Job ID: 31272 Vancouver - Point Grey Campus Location: Employment...
Job Overview About PNI We innovate. We lead. We excel. The PNI Media Platform offers on-demand,...