Job Posting #864443
Position: Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
Organization: Toronto Western Hospital
Department: Family Health Team (Bathurst Site)
Scale/Grade: F0 05
Salary Range: $46.92 to $58.70 per Hour
Hours: 37.50 Hours per week; Monday to Friday, Days
Status: Temporary Full-Time (Nine (9) Months)
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning ...
At University Health Network, which consists of Toronto General, Toronto Western, Princess Margaret and Toronto Rehab hospitals, nothing is more important to us than our team of dedicated employees. UHN focuses on creating and maintaining a workplace of choice, where our people are recognized and valued. We focus on creating a workplace where people enjoy the challenge of their career, create and engage in best practices and are treated with respect.
UHN´s Family and Community Health Program
Based at Toronto Western Hospital, our program links with the surrounding community to provide primary care to families and community members, with special attention to the needs of the aging population, children and women.
With the teamwork of pharmacists, social workers, physicians, primary care nurse practitioners and staff nurses, we do our best to help families deal with a broad range of health concerns. We also help connect families with the care of specialists when needed.
The NURSE PRACTITIONER demonstrates autonomy while assuming and having sole accountability and the authority to independently communicate a diagnosis, prescribe drugs and order a range of diagnostic tests for an outpatient client population of the Family Health Team (FHT). As a nursing leader, the Nurse Practitioner is expected to provide clinical care, research and education. Each Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for collaborative practice within a health care team along with independent practice within full scope of a RN (EC). The Nurse Practitioner will also demonstrate leadership as a change agent and support advancement of nursing practice within the FHT by supporting, coaching and training FHT RN's and RPN's. Additionally, each Nurse Practitioner will be asked to provide specialized care in a specific area, such as: diabetes care, care for the home bound patient, vascular risk reduction, obstetrical care, care to immigrant women and their families.
- Completion of a recognized Masters degree program in Nursing
- Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate, or in progress
- Current certificate of (licensure)/registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as RN(EC) or in process of obtaining
- Membership in the Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO) organizations relevant to the role
- Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Five (5) years of nursing experience, including one (1) year in an advanced role
- Experience in nursing research methodology
- Ability and commitment to develop a collaborative practice with medical, allied health and alternative health practitioners
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to UHN standards
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task
- Compliance with confidentiality requirements
- Effective organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of applicable legislative, UHN and/or departmental policies
- Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand
- Excellent customer service skills
- Program planning and evaluation methodology skills
- Ability to utilize information technology
Application Submission Closing Date: Until Filled
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
University Health Network has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in making a contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Close SRM Pricing Manager Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Manager Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Financial ,Marketing,Sales Years Experience: 4-6...
Dynamics NAV Senior Consultant - Toronto Canada Job location: Remote Salary: $140,000 A mid-sized Microsoft Partner is seeking a functional consultant to assist with NAV/Business Central projects...
Close Director, Global Supplier Quality Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Director Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Quality Assurance Years Experience:...
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation...
Exciting permanent full time Bilingual Service Dispatcher opportunity in Mississauga! Pay: $50,000/yr + Benefits Perks: Employee wellness program Pension plan Profit sharing Large facility with...
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek...
Close SRM Pricing Manager Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career...
Dynamics NAV Senior Consultant - Toronto Canada Job location: Remote Salary: $140,000 A...
Close Director, Global Supplier Quality Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+...
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants...
Exciting permanent full time Bilingual Service Dispatcher opportunity in...
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and...