Job Posting #866958
Position: Nurse Manager
Site: Toronto General Hospital
Scale/Grade: M0 06
Salary Range: $92,079 to $115,089 per Annum
Status: Permanent Full-time
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. Tthe University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
The scope of research and complexity of cases at Toronto General Hospital have made it a national and international source for discovery, education and patient care. It has one of the largest hospital-based research programs in Canada, with major research in transplantation, surgical innovation, cardiology, infectious diseases, genomic medicine and liver disease. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here
As Clinical Manager for Nephrology, your sound judgment and strong leadership abilities will enable you to lead and develop a multidisciplinary team focused on delivering exceptional quality patient care. Your responsibilities include overseeing day-to-day operations including education, quality management, staff utilization, financial and human resource management, resolving patient care issues, problems and concerns. You will lead and foster a culture of safety, high performing teamwork and continuous improvement with the goal of delivering best in class outcomes for the patients we serve.
- The needs of our patients come first. Applicants are client-focused and able to excel in a diverse, unionized work environment, and have a minimum of 3 years´ supervisory/management experience.
- Your experience leading change will be critical to your success.
- Hemodialysis care and/or Chronic Disease Management experience would be valuable assets.
- Requirements include Licensed in good standing with the Ontario College of Nurses and a Master's Degree in Nursing or related field such as Health Administration, MBA, Quality & Safety or in progress with completion by January 2021.
- Demonstrated initiative, judgment and leadership skills through previous roles and projects, and be able to apply those same skills in areas like improving patient safety, quality and best practices.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills will be a prominent part of your success in recognizing, analyzing and resolving problems before and as they arise.
- Proven ability to work effectively and with composure under pressure/or stressful conditions and to meet multiple and competing deadlines will be critical in this position.
- UHN is currently underway a digital transformation and intermediate to expert proficiency with computers, especially Microsoft Office and Outlook applications are essential.
Join Us and be part of Our vision for Healthcare
Posted Date: November 19, 2020 Closing Date: Until Filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications will be given first consideration.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however for non-UHN employees, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
University Health Network has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Tracking Code 1087-489 Job Description AFEX is a trusted global payment and risk management solutions specialist with a heritage that dates back to 1979. We offer a comprehensive range of global...
University Degree in Science or Life Sciences and post-graduate certification in Regulatory Affair Must have a minimum of 8 years of direct experience with drug submissions. Experience with...
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the regions....
BSc or higher degree with PK analysis experience Experience in the design and conduct of bioavailability and bioequivalence studies Experience in a clinical/ pharma setting Kelly Scientific...
Close Senior Brand Manager Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Manager Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Marketing Years Experience: 4-6 Years Job Type:...
BSc or higher degree in Chemistry or related sciences Experience in method optimization and validation using HPLC Experience in a GMP pharmaceutical environment Kelly Scientific Resources (KSR) is...
Tracking Code 1087-489 Job Description AFEX is a trusted global payment and risk management...
University Degree in Science or Life Sciences and post-graduate certification in Regulatory...
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our...
BSc or higher degree with PK analysis experience Experience in the design and conduct of...
Close Senior Brand Manager Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career...
BSc or higher degree in Chemistry or related sciences Experience in method optimization and...