SNC-Lavalin Operations and Maintenance is recognized as one of Canada’s leading outsourced operations and maintenance solutions experts, a division of SNC-Lavalin Group Inc., the largest engineering and construction firm in Canada, and one of the five largest in the world. We continue to grow our business globally.
Our team members across the country and the globe deliver superior service to every one of our clients. Our people are vital to our success, and we build teams that are second to none. Our team embraces challenges and is engaged in working together to contribute to our business objectives.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Reporting to the Maintenance Team Lead, this role is responsible for maintaining building mechanical and electrical systems effectively. This role will also be required to undertake preventive maintenance services and tenant requests to ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction. The successful candidate will possess solid building systems knowledge, strong customer service skills, and the knowledge and ability to operate equipment responsibly, safely, and efficiently.
- Perform various preventive maintenance and general maintenance on building systems such as computerized controls, HVAC systems, major refrigeration systems, fire & life safety systems, electrical lighting and distribution, water treatment, etc
- Operate steam boilers, pressure vessels, fired heaters, refrigeration systems and other auxiliary equipment such as pumps, compressors, electrical generators, motors, steam turbines, gas turbines, heat exchangers, condensers, cooling towers, water treatment systems, air conditioning systems, etc
- Manage maintenance records and daily logs of equipment while ensuring all building systems are operating in an efficient manner
- Conduct work in accordance with all Occupational Health and Safety legislation, guidelines, standards, policies, procedures and practices
- Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of all mechanical/electrical areas to provide a safe working environment; ensure all equipment are clean and properly maintained to prolong equipment efficiency and life span
- Maintain order in the shop by ensuring all supplies, parts, hand held tools, etc are stored in an organized manner; inform Maintenance Team Lead when supplies/parts are running low
- Act as a liaison for all contractors in the building while keeping the contractors accountable for their performances, quality of work, and compliance to health, safety, security and environmental standards
- Complete all tenant service requests in a professional and customer-focused manner
- Assist management team with other duties when requested
- Minimum 1 – 3 years relevant working experience
- Power Engineering 5th Class required; other HVAC or Mechanical certification would be an asset
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine the layout of building systems
- Ability to make effective technical decisions in emergency situations
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; willingness to teach and share technical knowledge
- Must be available to work after-hours, on weekends and for standby rotation to respond to after-hours service requests as required
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle is preferred
- Ability to obtain federal security clearance is required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with a strong customer service focus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; including Word, Excel, and Outlook is preferred
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Description JA Tech is a provider of service for all equipment and components of an overhead crane and hoist system. We are currently recruiting for a Crane Technical Representative for our...
Description Responsibilities: Responsible for the maintenance and general up keep of the of building, equipment and grounds Trains and instructs service providers on company policies and...
Early Childhood Educator - Full Time, Temporary, SASKATOON EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION DEMONSTRATION CENTRE, 8 daysDescription Full-time ECE position with preschool aged children (possibility for movement later in term.) We are a 62 space center that serves families with children ages 6 weeks through five...
Description Kelly Panteluk Construction Ltd. (KPCL) is hiring experienced dozer, excavator, grader and scraper operators for work secured around the Lanigan, Saskatoon, Warman/Martensville,...
9 hours ago | Agribusiness - Chemical, Pesticide and Fertilizer - Agronomist, AgCareers.com, 13 daysAt BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future...
Description Kelly Panteluk Construction Ltd. (KPCL) is hiring experienced heavy-duty mechanics for work secured around the Lanigan, Saskatoon, Warman/ Martensville, Estevan, Belle Plaine and...
Description JA Tech is a provider of service for all equipment and components of an overhead...
Description Responsibilities: Responsible for the maintenance and general up keep of the of...
Early Childhood Educator - Full Time, Temporary, SASKATOON EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION DEMONSTRATION CENTRE, 8 daysDescription Full-time ECE position with preschool aged children (possibility for movement later...
Description Kelly Panteluk Construction Ltd. (KPCL) is hiring experienced dozer, excavator,...
9 hours ago | Agribusiness - Chemical, Pesticide and Fertilizer - Agronomist, AgCareers.com, 13 daysAt BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success...
Description Kelly Panteluk Construction Ltd. (KPCL) is hiring experienced heavy-duty mechanics...