Posting Open Date: 05/04/2018
Posting Close Date: 05/19/2018 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
New Graduate Analyst – Compensation
Start Date: June 2018
Position: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Calgary, AB
WestJet is looking for university students and graduates who can help us realize our vision of being recognized internationally as the most Canadian airline. We believe the future of WestJet lies with innovative thinking, continuous improvement, and active stewardship of our culture––as well as the fresh perspectives of the next generation of leaders.
The New Graduate Analyst program welcomes resourceful, data-driven undergraduate and master’s degree students in diverse disciplines who are close to completing their degrees, to become New Graduate analysts in key areas: revenue management, finance management, technical operations, flight operations, airport operations, information technology and people & culture. During their first year at WestJet, the new graduate experiences the support of a transformational leadership community made up of Executive Sponsors, Direct Leaders, Team Mentors, Culture Buddies and other new graduates all starting the program at the same time.
Further corporate information is available here: https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/about-us/index
As a New Graduate Analyst reporting to the Director of Compensation you will be an integral member of the Compensation team providing compensation expertise, working collaboratively with peers on the People & Culture team to support business leaders. You will have an integral role in building the foundation for critical compensation programs and processes, developing effective and innovative solutions which support WestJet’s business strategy.
You are self-motivated, enjoy complex problems, have demonstrated analytical and financial acumen, and are intellectually curious.
- As a member of the compensation team provide trusted compensation expertise to the People & Culture team and to WestJet leaders
- Continuously build collaborative partnerships with People Relations, business leaders, Recruitment, and People Services to identify compensation issues or opportunities and propose effective and innovative solutions that support the organization’s business objectives
- Develop communication materials and lead employee information sessions regarding total compensation at WestJet
- Complete salary survey submissions, analyze market data for trends, and assess WestJet’s competitive position
- Coordinate the analysis, implementation, communication and administration of all compensation programs and policies
- Assess and continually improve compensation related processes to ensure consistent interpretation and administration of compensation programs
- Participate in and lead project work which may involve the development or re-design of compensation programs to support WestJet’s growth plans or meet governance requirements
- Prepare models, forecasts, costing and financial analysis to assess alternatives and provide recommendations to senior management
- Develop and maintain an external network to keep abreast of compensation trends and best practices in the airline and the general industry
- Keep abreast of legislative requirements that affect compensation policies and develop action plans to ensure compliance
- Bachelor or Masters’ Degree in Business, Statistics, Finance, or related fields (e.g., HR, Mathematics, etc.)
- Graduate year of 2017 or 2018
- Preference will be given to those with previous work experience in an analyst role, preferably in Management Consulting, Strategy or HR; background in compensation is also an asset
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, experience in completing complex data analysis and turning it into business intelligence
- Experience collaborating with multiple teams, managing ongoing relationships, preparing communications tailored to different audiences, and presenting to various audiences
- Creative thinker with proven consulting and influencing skills
- Well-developed communication skills along with tact and diplomacy to deal with sensitive matters
- Exceptional customer focus and strong professional acumen
- Able to work independently and be self-motivated; comfortable with change, feedback, and ambiguity
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, resolve conflicting priorities and deliver on tight timelines
- Expertise in Excel and PowerPoint; experience with JD Edwards and/or SuccessFactors is helpful
Our mission is to enrich the lives of everyone in WestJet’s world by providing safe, friendly and affordable air travel. Our passionate, caring attitude is the foundation of WestJet’s corporate culture and the fuel for everything we achieve. If this sounds like the sort of environment where you’d love to learn and make a contribution, we’d very much like to meet you.
Only candidates who have graduated within the last two years with a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution will be considered.
30+ days ago | Agribusiness - Plant & Soil Sciences, Seed and Biotechnology - Human Resources, AgCareers.com, 17 daysCorteva Agriscience , Agriculture Division of DowDuPont has an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Leader for the Canadian region. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of those who produce...
Human Resource Compensation Analyst - FGL Sports - C04RSN Help us boldly shape retail in Canada Canadian Tire Corporation’s (CTC) rich heritage of serving Canadians from coast-to-coast dates back...
Description Would you like to develop your professional skills within a financial services work environment, while helping one of the top banks in the world to grow? If so, this summer internship...
Description Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9...
Flatiron is one of North America’s leading transportation and infrastructure companies. Flatiron builds roads, highways, bridges, rail, airports, dams, industrial, water and underground projects...
Id : 64723 Category : Human Resources Location/City : AB – Calgary Region : Calgary Area Job Type : Contract Recruiter Name : Pamela Udey To apply, please submit your resume, in Word format,...
30+ days ago | Agribusiness - Plant & Soil Sciences, Seed and Biotechnology - Human Resources, AgCareers.com, 17 daysCorteva Agriscience , Agriculture Division of DowDuPont has an exciting opportunity for a Human...
Human Resource Compensation Analyst - FGL Sports - C04RSN Help us boldly shape retail in...
Description Would you like to develop your professional skills within a financial services work...
Description Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th...
Flatiron is one of North America’s leading transportation and infrastructure...
Id : 64723 Category : Human Resources Location/City : AB – Calgary Region : Calgary Area Job...