National Sales Manager
Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years)
Career Level: Manager
Industry: Packaged Goods
Job Category: Sales
Years Experience: 4-6 Years
Job Type: Full-time
Posting Date: November 16, 2020
Share this job:
National Sales Manager – Ontario Canada
DEPARTMENT: Sales - Canada
THIS POSITION REPORTS TO: Sales Director – Small Format - Canada
Own the customer:
- Own the sales process with customers through annual planning, business reviews, pricing, program execution and issue resolution
- Engage existing and prospective customers to establish and maintain positive working relationships through proactive communication and delivering on your commitments
- Utilize category insights and fact-based category management principles to develop and present long term and short-term strategies with the customer
- Keep current with products, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, promotional trends and company strategies
- Leverage innovation to develop the category and build Jack Links’ brand
- Conduct customer business reviews that are added value and solution oriented
- Identify business opportunities and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to deliver results
- Utilize customer tools and resources to gain insights and manage execution
Adopt a general manager mindset:
- Effectively plan, sell, forecast and communicate strategies and initiatives with key stakeholders
- Adopt a strategic perspective concerning competitive pricing, promotions and industry news and their respective impact on our business
- Pro-actively manage logistics and operational functions by conveying timely updates on sales plans / forecasts, promotional calendars, customer issues and inventory status
- Collaborate cross functionally internally and with customers, distributors, brokers and wholesalers to achieve the company’s financial goals and objectives
- Maintain a financial lens when delivering results through return on investment, managing expenses and completing paperwork in a timely manner and within policy
- Coordinate and manage special projects as required or assigned
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Within the Company:
- Vice President and General Manager
- National Sales Directors
- Accounting & Finance
- Customer Service / Logistics Representative
Outside the Corporation:
- Directors – quarterly engagement with director level
- Category Managers / Buyers – negotiate, exchange information, coordinate efforts daily / weekly
- Customers – negotiate, exchange information – daily
- Distributors – negotiate, exchange information, coordinate efforts – weekly
- Store level – exchange information and coordinate efforts as needed
- Business related degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience; preferably in the food industry
- Experience with convenience and gas business and/or distributors is an asset
- High degree of self-discipline and strong integrity and ethics
- Proven customer management, influencing and negotiation stills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills (Excel and Power point)
- Category Management skills (Nielsen & IRI)
- Analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Well established organization, planning and forecasting skills
- Travels 20% of the time including overnight 4-6 times per month.
- Works approximately 50 hours per week including weekends 2 to 3 times per year
Learn More about Jack Links Canada
See all Jack Links Canada job postings
Setup a Career Alert for similar jobs
Send to a friend
Share this job:
Tracking Code 1087-489 Job Description AFEX is a trusted global payment and risk management solutions specialist with a heritage that dates back to 1979. We offer a comprehensive range of global...
AFEX is a trusted global payment and risk management solutions specialist with a heritage that dates back to 1979. We offer a comprehensive range of global payment and foreign exchange services,...
Food Manufacturing Project Management Procurement This role is responsible for leading and managing sourcing of Biscuits External Manufacturing spend across North America managing annual spend of...
JOB POSTING #866999 Position: Financial Analyst II Site: 700 University Avenue Department: Research Financial Services Reports to: Manager Salary: ...
JOB POSTING #867167 Position: SOCIAL WORKER Site: TORONTO GENERAL HOSPITAL Department: GERIATRIC PSYCHIATRY Reports to: NURSE MANAGER INPATIENT...
Marketing Coordinator Permanent Position located in Mississauga, Ontario Great Opportunity to work with a company that continues to grow Kelly Services has customer who is an international leader...
Tracking Code 1087-489 Job Description AFEX is a trusted global payment and risk management...
AFEX is a trusted global payment and risk management solutions specialist with a heritage that...
Food Manufacturing Project Management Procurement This role is responsible for leading and...
JOB POSTING #866999 Position: Financial Analyst II Site: 700...
JOB POSTING #867167 Position: SOCIAL WORKER Site: TORONTO GENERAL...
Marketing Coordinator Permanent Position located in Mississauga, Ontario Great Opportunity to...