At Pharmacare Pharmacy our focus is on the quality and safety of medications for our clients. This focus has gained us the reputation of being the leader in specialty pharmacy throughout Alberta. To uphold this reputation, we pride ourselves in being a team of passionate individuals that believe in building strong relationships with our clients and maintaining quality assurance by using industry leading technology. We offer competitive benefits, encourage ongoing training and development and an atmosphere that inspires our employees to excel at assisting and caring for our clients.
The Mobile Clinical Pharmacist is responsible for maintaining continuity of care for clientele through collaboration between onsite physicians, nursing staff, and other allied health providers at long term care, supportive living, and other congregate living communities. The Mobile Clinical Pharmacist is responsible for completing clinical pharmacy activities in alignment with the Continuing Care Health Service Standards, Site Policy, InternalPharmacare policies, and the Ministerial Order for Clinical Pharmacy Services. The Mobile Clinical Pharmacist is also responsible for supporting operations-based pharmacy services when required. This position is required to provide 24 hour emergency on call support in a rotation with other Mobile Clinical Pharmacists.
- Director of Clinical Services
- Pharmacy Practice Lead (PPL)
- Clinical Administration Supervisor
- All Pharmacare Operations Staff
- Mobile Clinical Pharmacists
- Account Managers
- Family Members
- Physicians, other health care staff
- Site Management
- AHS Case Managers
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- To act as the main Pharmacare representative for our contracted operators. This entails providing clinical pharmacy, account management, business development, and operational functions as the situation requires.
- To provide clinical pharmacy services for patients in alignment with the Continuing Care Health Service Standards, Site Policy, Internal Pharmacare policies, and the Ministerial Order for Clinical Pharmacy Services.
- These services include, but are not limited to: Annual Medication reviews, Quarterly Medication Reviews (TMRs), Hospital Discharge medication reconciliation, Tamifluprophylaxis prescribing, chemical restraint and antipsychotic reviews (when applicable), administration of medications by injection, and clinically-directed follow-ups as required.
- To create collaborative practice networks with physicians, nursing staff, health care aides, case managers, and other key allied health providers
- Includes participation in relevant site or AHS-directed initiatives, committees, and meetings (at the discretion of the Director of Clinical Services)
- Also includes the maintenance of strong collaborative relationships with Pharmacare clinical pharmacist colleagues
- To provide educational in-services, when required, to nursing staff, health care aides, and/or patients and family members when requested.
- To follow and adhere to internal policy and processes established by the Clinical Division
- Includes the submission of clinical service documents to the clinical administration department within 48 hours of completion
- Includes the use of Pharmacare-specific clinical service forms, either paper or electronic
- To support best practice medication management processes at assigned congregate living communities
- To aid and assist in operational activities through coordinated service delivery, supporting site-pharmacy communications, and ensuring continuity of care for patients is maintained during transition.
- To assist patients in the coordination of payments on account when wellness staff or account managers are not immediately available.
- To work in a self-directed fashion, organizing and prioritizing workload in an effort to complete tasks accurately and efficiently.
- Other duties will be assigned as required.
This position is mobile and must be able to provide clinical services in Edmonton and surrounding area.
Must be available to start immediately.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only qualified applicants will be contacted. we wish you all the best in your job search.
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today!
Your Care. Our Focus.
Your Career. Our Focus!
Pharmacy Shipping Coordinator - 00001PMQ Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At Innomar Strategies, a company of AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that...
General Manager, Medicine Shoppe - (18005600) Description McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson...
Registered Nurse Edmonton - Casual - (18005489) Description McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson...
Looking for a dynamic, innovative Food and Nutrition Services Leader that has a passion for health, wellness and sustainability, strong regulatory background/expertise and financial acumen. At...
Interior Health is one of six publicly funded health authorities in British Columbia. With more than 19,000 employees and nearly 1,600 physicians on our team, we are developing the future of...
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing...
Pharmacy Shipping Coordinator - 00001PMQ Are you looking to make a difference in a...
General Manager, Medicine Shoppe - (18005600) Description McKesson is in the business of better...
Registered Nurse Edmonton - Casual - (18005489) Description McKesson is in the business of...
Looking for a dynamic, innovative Food and Nutrition Services Leader that has a passion for...
Interior Health is one of six publicly funded health authorities in British Columbia. With more...
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around...