In a unionized environment, the Maintenance department at Maple Leaf Foods operates with a concept of a team environment to ensure plant efficiencies. As part of Maple Leaf Food’s Maintenance team, the individual will be responsible for maintaining and servicing equipment used in the facility for the daily production of our products. Maple Leaf Foods conducts a comprehensive wage survey each year to ensure our rates are competitive. The ability to work rotating shifts, including night shift and weekends, are part of this role.
- Must be able to install, troubleshoot, and repair complex production equipment with minimal supervision
- Operate production equipment and check performance as required
- Strong on PM (preventative maintenance) procedures in a 24 hour/day operation
- Carry out oral/printed work requests and apply corrective action
- Perform regular work orders and account for inventory and labor on a computerized maintenance program
- Be able to read and understand mechanical drawings/schematics
- Machining and fabricating for equipment repairs and/or upgrades
- Enhance equipment performance, recommending improvements and implementing
- Understand and adhere to all plant Food Safety and Health and Safety Polices
- Ensure all job-related operations are in compliance with GMPs, HACCP, WHMIS and health & safety requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must hold a valid Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Journeyperson Certificate
- Must have Red Seal certification
- 1 – 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment would be an asset
- Extensive mechanical knowledge including power transmission, pneumatics and hydraulics
- Knowledge of conveyors, industrial/stationary engines, pumps/compressor, grinders, welding equipment, electrical/electronic controls, lathes/machining tools, power tools, fans/blowers, hydraulic systems and high-speed packaging equipment
- Highly motivated – able to work well in a team and alone with minimal supervision
- Sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Some heavy lifting may be required
- Basic computer ability coupled with strong communication skills
Design Engineer Tracking Code 3561-046 Job Description Brandt is continuing to grow and expand our business and we are looking for hard-working, creative individuals to join our team. We are...
Brandt Tractor Ltd is currently seeking a Foreman reporting to our Saskatoon location. The successful applicant for this position is responsible for assisting with coordinating and directing the...
The Brandt Group of Companies is seeking a Plant Accountant at our Saskatoon Manufacturing Facility. This position is responsible for the ongoing analysis of product costing through cost effective...
Brandt is currently seeking a Territory Manager - Construction for our Saskatoon location. This position specializes in the sale of the most innovative Geomatic and Construction Positioning...
Design Engineer Tracking Code 3561-046 Job Description Brandt is continuing to grow and expand...
Brandt Tractor Ltd is currently seeking a Foreman reporting to our Saskatoon location. The...
The Brandt Group of Companies is seeking a Plant Accountant at our Saskatoon Manufacturing...
Brandt is currently seeking a Territory Manager - Construction for our Saskatoon location. This...