Merchandise Purchasing Analyst (12 month contract) - National Sports - Markham - C04PO8
Interested in being a part of a team that is leading the evolution of retail in Canada?
Embracing and driving change is critical to our success. The complexity and rate at which the retail industry is transforming has increased exponentially in recent years and we are committed to being a leader in the industry. As such we are relentlessly focused on innovating at every level of our business, investing in new technologies and products, and doubling down on the best talent to drive the company forward. It is an especially exciting time to join the Canadian Tire Family of Companies.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Category Manager, the Merchandising Analyst is a key member of the strategic business unit responsible for the optimization of sales and inventory for the corporate banners based on identified business strategies. The Merchandising Analyst is responsible for varying levels of support through the product lifecycle, including the critical functions of assortment and inventory management, data entry, and purchase order creation. The Merchandise Analyst directly oversees the flow of inventory to vendors to corporate distribution centers.
- Analyze sales, inventory, trends and brand performance for the assigned categories and banners.
- Provide support to the buyer in selecting products and managing them through their lifecycle.
- Provide assistance to the Category Manager in the development and implementation of category strategy.
- Prepare and track purchase orders of merchandise, managing the inventory and on order position.
- Facilitate the resolution of shipping discrepancies with internal (Distribution Centers) and external suppliers.
- Analyze inventory to determine product performance for sales; gross margins; turns; new and aged inventory; and ROI at a store location level.
- Aid in monitor and manage inventory targets and setups for new, renovating, and relocating stores.
- Proof advertising assets and assist in internal communications to store operations teams to ensure accurate product and price content at the store level.
- Supply, track, and report on inventory for marketing, advertising, and key initiatives.
- Coordinate and manage in-season product samples for advertising.
- Aid in the management of advertising plans covering both digital and traditional mediums
- Supporting and communicating the merchandising strategy, product plans, and product information throughout the product life cycle with all relevant internal and external stakeholders
Who you are
We are looking for high performing individuals who are:
- Agile and innovative individuals, who are able to manage in an environment of change and ambiguity to help us take bold and strategic moves in this rapidly evolving retail environment
- Creative thinkers who take initiative and are capable of building, launching and managing projects/programs that drive results for our customers
- Problem solvers with the ability to analyze and prioritize to meet business objectives
- Collaborative team players with superior influencing skills, who build relationships easily across various stakeholder groups to move initiatives forward
If you’re curious, ready to take on new challenges and open to doing things differently to help us evolve rapidly, then FGL Sports is definitely the place to be.
What you’ve done
- University degree, college diploma, and/or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years of retail and/or purchasing experience is an asset
- Proficiency in standard office software, demonstrated excel capability, experience in reporting and analytics, knowledge of inventory management systems and ad hoc query tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency in inventory practices with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts. Knowledge of JDA or other software related to fulfillment is an asset.
- Strong communication skills to effectively interact and collaborate with all teams, areas, and levels of business.
- Ability to seek new and innovative ways of achieving key results
Canadian Tire is one of Canada’s most iconic and diversified companies. Our culture and values uphold our pledge to sustainable practices, and commitment to our local communities through Jumpstart cannot be beat.
To learn more about this team and the Canadian Tire Family of Companies follow us on LinkedIn.
: Jul 10, 2018, 10:02:31 AM
Our Client is currently seeking a Compliance Analyst for a one (1) year contract. Duration: one (1) year Schedule: Monday - Friday Location: Calgary, AB Start Date: ASAP CORE...
13 hours ago | Agribusiness - Finance, Banking, Insurance and Real Estate - Accounting/Finance/Asset Management, AgCareers.com, 13 daysDescriptionAt BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more...
Description Xylem |ˈzīləm| 1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots; 2) a leading global water technology company. We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating...
Portfolio Associate-827931 At Franklin Templeton, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working...
BOWEN Summary BOWEN is the leading independent Canadian recruitment and contractor management firm. We offer permanent, temporary and contractor recruitment, contingent workforce management and...
About Us Owned by our members, Calgary Co-op is one of the largest retail co-operatives in North America. With over 440,000 members, 3,700 plus employees, assets of $565 million and annual sales...
Our Client is currently seeking a Compliance Analyst for a one (1) year contract. Duration: ...
13 hours ago | Agribusiness - Finance, Banking, Insurance and Real Estate - Accounting/Finance/Asset Management, AgCareers.com, 13 daysDescriptionAt BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing...
Description Xylem |ˈzīləm| 1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots; 2) a...
Portfolio Associate-827931 At Franklin Templeton, we are dedicated to delivering strong results...
BOWEN Summary BOWEN is the leading independent Canadian recruitment and contractor management...
About Us Owned by our members, Calgary Co-op is one of the largest retail co-operatives in North...