Etobicoke Mimico NW The Queensway West South of Bloor Kingsway Park South West Royal York South West, ONTARIO | 4 months
This position may have expired!
$65,000 Average salary of similar jobs | Check Salary...
Second Cook (Pastry), part time
: Canada-Toronto-The Fairmont Royal York
Second Cook - Pastry (part-time)
Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As Second Cook - Pastry, the care you devote to preparing each menu item will not go unnoticed by the guests who are fortunate enough to enjoy them!
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, Fairmont Royal York is within walking distance to the business and theatre districts and the city's best shopping and dining. Having hosted more than 40 million guests since it opened its doors in 1929, Fairmont Royal York continues to represent the epitome of hospitality. With 1365 guest rooms, 70,000 square feet in 34 conference and banquet rooms, and over 1200 colleagues, Fairmont Royal York depicts the elegance of its past while providing the finest conveniences for today's travelers.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Pastry Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Prepare, cook and service all pastry food items for a la carte and/or buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous pastry/baking experience required
- Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent an asset
- Diploma/Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Must be available for various shift work including weekends and holidays
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally permitted to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Accessibility: Fairmont Hotels and Resorts believes in outstanding hospitality. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 416-860-5091or email@example.com if you require accommodation.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
: Rotating / Shift Work
: 11.Oct.2018, 11:59:00 PM
Solid knowledge of Front Office Procedures Minimum of two years previous Guest Services and/or Front Office supervisory experience required Strong ability to work effectively within a dynamic...
What is the opportunity? You will support the RBC Royal Bank's Client First strategy and deliver a superior Client experience. You will provide quality service and enhance RBC's risk mitigation...
What is the opportunity? As a Recoveries Officer, you will apply your strong negotiation skills to reduce losses and increase recoveries for RBC Personal Products, and Card portfolio. You will...
Royal Bank of Canada Website, © 1995-2018 - Privacy & Security Opens link in new window | RBC Job Applicant Privacy Notice Opens link in new window | Legal Opens link in new...
Senior Manager, Marketing and Client Engagement (Contract -12months) Requisition ID : 18021108 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Marketing/Advertising Work...
Here’s To Your Journey with The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years ago, with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob Astor IV opened...
Solid knowledge of Front Office Procedures Minimum of two years previous Guest Services and/or...
What is the opportunity? You will support the RBC Royal Bank's Client First strategy and deliver...
What is the opportunity? As a Recoveries Officer, you will apply your strong negotiation skills...
Royal Bank of Canada Website, © 1995-2018 - Privacy & Security Opens link in new window | RBC...
Senior Manager, Marketing and Client Engagement (Contract -12months) Requisition...
Here’s To Your Journey with The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than...