Etobicoke Mimico NW The Queensway West South of Bloor Kingsway Park South West Royal York South West, ONTARIO | 7 months
This position may have expired!
$134,166 Average salary of similar jobs | Check Salary...
Second Cook (Pastry), part time
: Canada-Toronto-The Fairmont Royal York
Second Cook - Pastry (part-time)
Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As Second Cook - Pastry, the care you devote to preparing each menu item will not go unnoticed by the guests who are fortunate enough to enjoy them!
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, Fairmont Royal York is within walking distance to the business and theatre districts and the city's best shopping and dining. Having hosted more than 40 million guests since it opened its doors in 1929, Fairmont Royal York continues to represent the epitome of hospitality. With 1365 guest rooms, 70,000 square feet in 34 conference and banquet rooms, and over 1200 colleagues, Fairmont Royal York depicts the elegance of its past while providing the finest conveniences for today's travelers.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Pastry Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Prepare, cook and service all pastry food items for a la carte and/or buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous pastry/baking experience required
- Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent an asset
- Diploma/Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Must be available for various shift work including weekends and holidays
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally permitted to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Accessibility: Fairmont Hotels and Resorts believes in outstanding hospitality. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 416-860-5091or firstname.lastname@example.org if you require accommodation.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
: Rotating / Shift Work
: 11.Oct.2018, 11:59:00 PM
Station Chef ( Job Number: HOT065AM) Work Locations : Hilton Mississauga Meadowvale 6750 Mississauga Road Mississauga L5N 2L3 A Station Chef with Hilton Mississauga Meadowvale manages food...
What is the opportunity? You will support the bank's strategy and deliver a superior client experience by providing quality service and enhancing RBC’s risk mitigation strategy. You will analyze...
Description The Resort at Cypress Hills is currently seeking highly motivated and customer-oriented people to join our Summer 2018 team! Positions start in May, June or July and run until August,...
The Pickle Barrel began with a mission. We believed that amazing dining experiences didn’t need to be elitist, so we began a restaurant that combined ‘quality’ with ‘incredible value’. Today we...
King Edward Hotel With its rich history, timeless elegance, and modern hospitality, the Omni King Edward Hotel has been a favourite of both locals and visitors for over 110 years. Located in the...
What is the opportunity? As an Assistance First Response Coordinator you will be a responsive, first point of contact role focused on delivering professional and attentive service to clients when...
Station Chef ( Job Number: HOT065AM) Work Locations : Hilton Mississauga Meadowvale 6750...
What is the opportunity? You will support the bank's strategy and deliver a superior client...
Description The Resort at Cypress Hills is currently seeking highly motivated and...
The Pickle Barrel began with a mission. We believed that amazing dining experiences didn’t need...
King Edward Hotel With its rich history, timeless elegance, and modern hospitality, the Omni...
What is the opportunity? As an Assistance First Response Coordinator you will be a responsive,...