Location TORONTO , Ontario, Canada
Job Opened 02/07/2018
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Number 180001LN
Job Type Full Time
Hudson’s Bay Company is one of the fastest-growing department store retailers in the world. In North America, HBC’s leading banners include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Gilt, Saks OFF 5TH, Find @ Lord & Taylor, and Home Outfitters. In Europe, HBC’s banners include GALERIA Kaufhof (the largest department store group in Germany), Galeria INNO (Belgium’s only department store group), and Sportarena. At HBC we are a company of adventurers who explore uncharted territory, challenge convention, and work with imagination and fun.
This role reports directly to Director, North American Payroll
This position is responsible for managing the company’s compliance with local, state, and US federal tax requirements for all US payrolls, including Puerto Rico. The position will provide coordination and oversight over the work of the third party (ADP) and HBC’s payroll processing team in India in order to ensure the accurate and timely withholding of payroll taxes. This position will also work with ADP to ensure the timely filing and remittance of payroll tax payments with local, state, and federal entities. The position will be the escalation point for issues / queries from associates and other process stakeholders (HR, IT, Taxation, etc.) related to US payroll.
Role responsibilities include:
1. Provide coordination / oversight over the third party (ADP) to ensure integrity and accuracy of filings of employment taxes for all US banners. This includes periodic, quarterly, and annual filings.
2. Work with ADP to develop / maintain payroll tax policies and procedures for all US payrolls
3. Review Tax filings and reporting prepared by ADP (includes 940’s and 941’s)
4. Prepare tax filings in localities excluded by ADP (i.e., NY SDI)
5. Review tax remittances performed by ADP
6. Setup and review creation or changes related to Legal Entities (as needed)
7. Manage the timely resolution of tax notices with agencies
8. Oversee state registrations for tax purposes
9. System owner for all Oracle Fusion payroll modules for US payrolls
10. Review Tax filings and reporting prepared by ADP (includes 940’s and 941’s)
11. Prepare tax filings in localities excluded by ADP (i.e., NY SDI)
12. Review tax remittances performed by ADP
13. Serve as subject matter expert in regard to federal, state, and local payroll tax and reporting, including providing US payroll tax expertise to support corporate initiatives
14. Provide assistance to Human Resources and other functional areas in regard to payroll tax for changes in legislation and projects (e.g. RIFs) as well as systems / technology changes to adapt to changing regulations
15. Respond to associate and management inquiries related to payroll taxes
16. Assist in both internal and external audits
17. Provide coordination and oversight over ADP to ensure accuracy and timely filings/issuance of W2’s for all US payrolls.
18. Perform balance adjustments as required
19. System owner for all Oracle Fusion payroll modules for US payrolls
20. Work with IT and the offshore payroll processing teams on quarterly and year-end processes impacting payroll taxes. This includes testing and validation of third party system patches.
21. Work with IT on any new implementations that impact payroll taxes. This would include testing and the creation of specific testing scenarios.
22. Coordinate and oversee the execution of payroll processing by HBC India team to ensure compliance with applicable tax and wage/hour laws
23. Update payroll system tax deductions, tax tables and third party tax interfaces. Ensure the integrity of payroll tax data contained in the payroll database.
24. Advise and assist with taxation issues for expats and cross-border associates
The successful candidate must have a proven ability to build strong business relationships beyond the Finance team, as well as the ability to effectively manage the needs of multiple stakeholder groups. He/she should have the ability to turn concepts into action. He/she should embody a culture of taking smart risks and innovating to win, with a willingness to initiate change as the company grows in order to streamline processes, improve efficiency and facilitate the growth of the company. They’ll have the ability to provide strong customer service and accurate, concise and up to date information in a timely manner when needed.
• Full knowledge of payroll mechanics, year-end processes, payroll tax filings, and functional reporting
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with a multi-state, multi-FEIN payroll
• Experience with Oracle Fusion Payroll and ADP is preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Tax or a related field. Master’s Degree (MBA) preferred
• Professional Accounting Designation Preferred (eg., CPA, CPP)
Title: Payroll Manager Start Date: ASAP Compensation: $43,680 - $58,240/annum. Based on experience. Position Type:Full Time Permanent (37.5 hours/week) Location: Toronto Report to: Controller, HR...
Senior Manager, Tax Compliance Requisition ID : 19000851 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Taxation Work Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto-18 York Street 9th floor Unposting...
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster...
Description MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Bangalore U.S. Tax team consists of a team of 8 residing within the Finance Division, working with the Merchant Banking tax team. The team performs review of annual...
Smucker Foods of Canada Corp. is a subsidiary of The J.M. Smucker Company. For more than 120 years, The J.M. Smucker Company has brought families together to share memorable meals and moments....
Tax Manager (Canadian & International Taxation) - FIN01712-18 Description Join our team The Taxation team provides essential and critical expertise, consultation and counsel to the various...
Title: Payroll Manager Start Date: ASAP Compensation: $43,680 - $58,240/annum. Based on...
Senior Manager, Tax Compliance Requisition ID : 19000851 Position Type: Regular Position...
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us...
Description MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Bangalore U.S. Tax team consists of a team of 8 residing within...
Smucker Foods of Canada Corp. is a subsidiary of The J.M. Smucker Company. For more than 120...
Tax Manager (Canadian & International Taxation) - FIN01712-18 Description Join our team The...