Manager, Service Delivery
Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years)
Career Level: Manager
Industry: Packaged Goods
Job Category: IT/ Systems
Years Experience: 8-10 Years
Job Type: Full-time
Posting Date: November 10, 2020
Share this job:
At Arterra Wines Canada, we love inspiring the big and small moments that happen when our products are shared and enjoyed. For us it’s not just about what’s in and on the bottle, it’s what happens in people’s lives when we’re a part of them that keeps us thirsting for more and not resting on our laurels as Canada’s largest and most enjoyed wine company. We put the consumer at the center of everything we do and we’re looking for people who do the same.
The Service Delivery Manager provides technical leadership for IT support and development functions liaising with business users, project managers, vendors and support personnel. Oversees and monitors IT vendors with the development, maintenance, and delivery of IT Service Desk, End User Computing (EUC) services to enable the delivery of secure, predictable, stable IT services to Arterra. Engages with IT stakeholders providing input to process and architectural standards. Directs and supervises the Field Services team in completion of Incidents, Service Requests, and projects as required. Provides application support to internal IT users and other support resources.
- Monitors vendor adherence to Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and IT Service Management (ITSM) best practices.
- Monitors the day to day operational and support activities of the application operating environment and critical business infrastructure to ensure the vendor(s) and Arterra staff are complying to agreed service levels.
- Monitors the ITSM tool and provides ITSM reporting to internal IT client base.
- Maintain and report on all IT service levels and will develop a continuous improvement culture within the Arterra IT team and Managed Services Partners.
- Manages operational and project planning requirements to monitor internal resource allocation, schedule new services and identify vendor support required to deliver high quality customer service.
- Leads and manages the deployment of end-user computing device refresh strategies to maintain currency and reliability of desktop devices.
- Leads IT asset management program to maintain contractual compliance, manage asset currency and avoid reduction in services.
- Leads the transition activities from an IT Operations perspective for all development moving to production and where appropriate, liaises with vendor(s) for the transition of new development into managed services.
- Provides technical direction to a cross-functional team engaged to deliver Incident, Service Request, Tasks delivered timely feedback to ensure a cohesive operational unit and the optimum use of team skills.
- Engages in emergency troubleshooting of IT services in collaboration with service providers and update runbooks to prevent future failures.
- Analyzes new customer requests in conjunction with Business Relationship Managers to determine the technical impact on/overlap with existing solutions or new solutions identified on the IT delivery roadmap
- Contributes to feasibility studies for solutions under consideration for purchase, and advises on technical requirements, technical integration into existing infrastructure systems.
- Collaborates with internal IT stakeholders to translate the functional business requests to technical contract specifications; providing input during RFP process and contract negotiations
- Consults regularly with clients to determine their needs and develop plans for improved service delivery
Application Support (Service Now, Microsoft O365 Teams)
- Supports application incidents reported on assigned solutions from the business and addresses escalated issues from business by engaging Arterra IT/Vendor.
- Manages the technical documentation for all design aspects to provide support to solution development and testing teams.
- Maintains visibility to application product roadmaps and provides insight back to the business and IT Business Relationship Managers (BRM’s) regarding required and desired product enhancements.
- Directs, manages and assess vendor and vendor personnel that provide â€˜managed services’.
- Liaise with business clients and vendors to monitor customer satisfaction with the solution and intervenes to improve project delivery efficiency and effectiveness as required.
Process Improvement, Architectural Standards
- Provides input to the application of standard Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes (Agile, Waterfall) used to develop and maintain software applications and solutions.
- Collaborates with the Enterprise Architecture team on the solution design to ensure it conforms to enterprise architectural standards and future roadmaps.
- Contributes to policies directly impacting end user computing and functionality used to manage and administer application access.
- Recognizes and validates existing and potential systems opportunities in order to provide advice and guidance
- Manages and supervises staff in the completion of projects and support activities.
- Ensure development and training of staff on application best practices and service management plus personal development training.
- Monitors work assignments to ensure adherence to timelines; monitors the achievement of performance objectives.
- Completion of a degree in IT Management, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related discipline – or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent
- Minimum eight (8) years’ experience managing a vendor providing corporate network operations, administration, infrastructure and application operations in a service delivery environment. Corporate IT Service Desk and support services.
- Service Now - Administration
- Microsoft Teams Administration/Support Experience
Qualifications, Certifications or Designations
- Service Now Administration – CSA
- Microsoft Teams – MS-700 Administration
- Information Technology Information Library (ITIL) Foundations Certification an asset
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or PRINCE2 an asset
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Benefits and Pension Plan
- Product Allowances & Safe Ride Home Program
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training & Development Programs
- An opportunity to learn about the world of wine
Number of Openings:
We are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are also committed to preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities, and we invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or accommodation needs.
Learn More about Arterra Wines Canada
See all Arterra Wines Canada job postings
Setup a Career Alert for similar jobs
Send to a friend
Share this job:
SELECT YOUR LANGUAGE Not on a bus route - Need own transportation 3 Shift Weekly Rotation RESPONSIBILITIES: Work at various stations on the line Counting products and packaging Prepare tag...
SELECT YOUR LANGUAGE Not on a bus route - Need own transportation 3 Shift Weekly...