Manager, Operations Procurement - C04PN3
Interested in being a part of a team that is leading the evolution of retail in Canada?
Embracing and driving change is critical to our success. The complexity and rate at which the retail industry is transforming has increased exponentially in recent years and we are committed to being a leader in the industry. As such we are relentlessly focused on innovating at every level of our business, investing in new technologies and products, and doubling down on the best talent to drive the company forward. It is an especially exciting time to join the Canadian Tire Family of Companies.
The Manager, Operations Procurement plays a key role in supporting the objectives set for CTR’s “one supply chain” and directly impacts the operational and financial objectives of the Distribution Centres. This role requires a leader with a proven track record for managing change as well as developing people. The successful candidate will manage a dynamic team responsible for sourcing products and vendors, managing and processing invoices and payments, negotiating and tracking contracts, managing and executing RFP, RFQ and RFI processes while maintaining input / process discipline in a large scale asset management system. This role is in direct support of CTR operations that work multiple shifts in a fast paced, complex multi business environment. Contracts, purchasing, negotiations and payment management are a critical support aspect for all levels of Supply Chain. This includes daily operations, supplies, parts, projects, services and utilities.
What you’ll do
- Lead a team of buyers, administrators and coordinators in direct support of CTR Supply Chain Operations
- Provide support, guidance and direction in the negotiation, procurement, processing and payment of transactions managed by the Central Purchasing Office.
- Manage performance reviews, development plans, quarterly check ins and annual objectives for your team
- Keep appraised of industry trends as they relate to contracts, contract legislation, purchasing agreements, negotiations and services
- Track government policies and major industry indicators as they relate to utilities and energy costs
- Build and maintain a comprehensive contract database that allows for the effective management of contract lifecycle
- Manage and take ownership of the overall purchasing process while ensuring key stakeholder’s requirements are being met.
- Partner with Maintenance, F&M, accounting and finance to ensure accuracy, efficiency and compliance in all processes
- Establish department objectives, operational and process improvements as well as strategic goals and direction
- Provide a positive and safe work environment
- Keep apprised of the latest compliance and regulatory information as it relates to the contracts and services we negotiate
- establish and implement purchasing policies, procedures and best practices
- monitor ongoing compliance with purchasing policies and procedures
- identify and source new suppliers and vendors
- manage vendor and supplier selection process based on price, quality, support, capacity and reliability
- develop, negotiate and administer purchasing agreements and contracts with suppliers in support of organizational requirements
- evaluate contracts to ensure compliance with legal requirements and organizational policies
- monitor supplier and vendor compliance with contractual agreements
- measure and manage the vendor and supplier cost, quality and delivery performance
- oversee supplier compliance with internal quality standards and external regulations
- troubleshoot cost, quality and delivery concerns
- manage risk relating to quality, cost, delivery and supply of purchases
- introduce performance improvement measures for suppliers and vendors
- facilitate timely placement of purchase orders
- review purchase orders for proper authorization and compliance with organizational policy and procedures
- develop and manage purchasing budgets and forecasts
- oversee the operations and daily activities of the purchasing department
- direct continuous improvement of purchasing processes in line with changing organizational needs and market conditions
Who you are
We are looking for high performing individuals who are:
- Agile and innovative individuals, who are able to manage in an environment of change and ambiguity to help us take bold and strategic moves in this rapidly evolving retail environment
- Creative thinkers who take initiative and are capable of building, launching and managing projects/programs that drive results for our customers
- Problem solvers with the ability to analyze and prioritize to meet business objectives
- Collaborative team players with superior influencing skills, who build relationships easily across various stakeholder groups to move initiatives forward
If you’re curious, ready to take on new challenges and open to doing things differently to help us evolve rapidly, then Canadian Tire is definitely the place to be.
What you’ve done
- Proven leadership experience demonstrating the skills required to manage people and information in a highly process oriented setting
- Leadership experience in a distribution and/or logistics environment
- Strong process management and project management skills
- Demonstrated assertiveness, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills required suiting multiple levels of management and staff
- Demonstrated PC skills with the Microsoft Suite of applications
- college degree in business, materials management, operations management, engineering or related field
- experience in purchasing and procurement
- working knowledge of all laws and regulations relating to procurement and contracts
Canadian Tire is one of Canada’s most iconic and diversified companies. Our culture and values uphold our pledge to sustainable practices, and commitment to our local communities through Jumpstart cannot be beat.
To learn more about this team and the Canadian Tire Family of Companies follow us on LinkedIn.
Canadian Tire is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially. Canadian Tire Corporation
: Jul 10, 2018, 11:01:23 AM
Procurement Lead - 18000GCN Description About Baxter Every day, millions of patients and caregivers rely on Baxter’s leading portfolio of critical care, nutrition, renal, hospital and surgical...
Req Id: 205074 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential. To ensure we...
Administrative Assistant (Contract)( Job Number: 1815518) Brand : Estée Lauder Companies Supply Chain Job : Distribution / Warehouse Primary...
Your Responsibilities: To be the interface between the LOC stakeholders or Hubs (collection of countries) and the Global Procurement community to • Ensure continuity of business • Direct to the...
Your Responsibilities: Primary Activities • Accountable for delivering on 5 pillars of business intelligence i.e. Commercial Analytics, Forecasting, Market Research, Reporting and providing...
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together...
Procurement Lead - 18000GCN Description About Baxter Every day, millions of patients and...
Req Id: 205074 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined...
Administrative Assistant (Contract)( Job Number: 1815518) Brand : Estée Lauder Companies Supply...
Your Responsibilities: To be the interface between the LOC stakeholders or Hubs (collection of...
Your Responsibilities: Primary Activities • Accountable for delivering on 5 pillars of business...
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that...