Manager, Operations, Aerostructures, Global 7500 Program-TOR04129
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Drive world class safety performance through the implementation of behavioral based safety programs and ensure compliance to all Bombardier and regulatory requirements
- Maintain a robust product quality compliance program making full use of the Bombardier Quality gate process and progressive acceptance where applicable
- Enhance employee engagement through effective communications and interactions with operations personnel and production focus teams
- Work with Supervisors and production personnel to maximize workforce effectiveness & flexibility
- Establish departmental master plans and execute day-to-day actions in support of Bombardier strategic initiatives and operational objectives
- Drive continuous improvements in operational and business processes to deliver optimal results for Safety, quality, productivity, cost and labour relations
- Develop departmental budgets. measuring and report on financial performance
- Actively lead and drive execution of the Achieving Excellence System within area of responsibility (i.e. SQPEC, Visible Leadership, etc) in line with Bombardier's strategic vision
- Establish, monitor and track operational KPIs and performance to Master Plans
- Coach, mentor and develop supervisory and non-supervisory employees in the department
- Cascade information on Department and Bombardier performance to production personnel
- Ensure timely and effective communications regarding operational issues, schedules and compliance with internal and external Bombardier customers
- Maintain a strong cross-functional focus, ensuring the team members work collaboratively to meet program objectives
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, policies and procedures
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a university degree or college diploma in a technical or related discipline
- You have a minimum of 15 years applicable experience in the Aerospace Manufacturing industry
- You have a minimum of 10 years practical experience in a supervisory position leading multi-disciplined teams in an aerospace environment
- You have experience manufacturing “First build” Flight Test Vehicles and working on a Start-up program in the Aerospace industry.
- You possess excellent project management skills
- You possess a solid understanding of the change management process
- You possess excellent leadership skills including strong ambition and desire to succeed, a strong professional ethic and proven planning, prioritizing and organizational skills
- You are able to gain a high degree of credibility with all levels and functions within the organization and regulatory bodies utilizing excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- You have a persuasive and facilitative management style and the ability to assimilate, interpret and transfer information
- You possess strong computer skills and the ability to work with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 27.07.2018, 8:50:41 AM
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Manager, Program Manager, Compliance, Operations, Management, Legal
Senior Coordinator, Contingent Workforce Program - Human Resources Requisition ID : 19007034 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Human Resources Work...
AML Analyst, Sanctions Payments & Screening Requisition ID : 19005753 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Compliance Work Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto-483 Bay Street Bell...
Director, Records Management Requisition ID : 19006033 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Operations/Processing Work Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto-305 Milner Ave, 8th...
Senior Consultant, AML Advisory, EAML Requisition ID : 19005415 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Risk Management Work Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto-483 Bay Street Bell...
Senior IT Project Manager Requisition ID : 19005656 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Technology Work Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto-130 Adelaide St 4th Floor Unposting...
Senior Manager, Strategic Sponsorships Requisition ID : 19006107 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Corporate Affairs/Communications Work Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto-25...
Senior Coordinator, Contingent Workforce Program - Human Resources Requisition...
AML Analyst, Sanctions Payments & Screening Requisition ID : 19005753 Position...
Director, Records Management Requisition ID : 19006033 Position Type: Regular Position...
Senior Consultant, AML Advisory, EAML Requisition ID : 19005415 Position Type: Regular Position...
Senior IT Project Manager Requisition ID : 19005656 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full...
Senior Manager, Strategic Sponsorships Requisition ID : 19006107 Position Type: Regular Position...