Manager, Operations, Aerostructures, Global 7500 Program-TOR04129
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Drive world class safety performance through the implementation of behavioral based safety programs and ensure compliance to all Bombardier and regulatory requirements
- Maintain a robust product quality compliance program making full use of the Bombardier Quality gate process and progressive acceptance where applicable
- Enhance employee engagement through effective communications and interactions with operations personnel and production focus teams
- Work with Supervisors and production personnel to maximize workforce effectiveness & flexibility
- Establish departmental master plans and execute day-to-day actions in support of Bombardier strategic initiatives and operational objectives
- Drive continuous improvements in operational and business processes to deliver optimal results for Safety, quality, productivity, cost and labour relations
- Develop departmental budgets. measuring and report on financial performance
- Actively lead and drive execution of the Achieving Excellence System within area of responsibility (i.e. SQPEC, Visible Leadership, etc) in line with Bombardier's strategic vision
- Establish, monitor and track operational KPIs and performance to Master Plans
- Coach, mentor and develop supervisory and non-supervisory employees in the department
- Cascade information on Department and Bombardier performance to production personnel
- Ensure timely and effective communications regarding operational issues, schedules and compliance with internal and external Bombardier customers
- Maintain a strong cross-functional focus, ensuring the team members work collaboratively to meet program objectives
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, policies and procedures
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a university degree or college diploma in a technical or related discipline
- You have a minimum of 15 years applicable experience in the Aerospace Manufacturing industry
- You have a minimum of 10 years practical experience in a supervisory position leading multi-disciplined teams in an aerospace environment
- You have experience manufacturing “First build” Flight Test Vehicles and working on a Start-up program in the Aerospace industry.
- You possess excellent project management skills
- You possess a solid understanding of the change management process
- You possess excellent leadership skills including strong ambition and desire to succeed, a strong professional ethic and proven planning, prioritizing and organizational skills
- You are able to gain a high degree of credibility with all levels and functions within the organization and regulatory bodies utilizing excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- You have a persuasive and facilitative management style and the ability to assimilate, interpret and transfer information
- You possess strong computer skills and the ability to work with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 27.07.2018, 8:50:41 AM
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Manager, Program Manager, Compliance, Operations, Management, Legal
Program Manager Requisition ID : 19001375 Position Type: Temporary Position Status: Full Time Job : Management Work Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto-5650 Yonge St 21th Floor Unposting Date : Feb...
Financial Planning Associate -GTA Requisition ID : 19000119 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Sales Support Work Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto Unposting Date : Jan 17,...
Analyst, Fund & Investment Governance Requisition ID : 19000605 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Governance and Controls Work Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto-18 York...
Senior Project Manager, HR Strategic Initiatives Requisition ID : 19001226 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Human Resources Work Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto-199 Bay...
Senior Manager, Anti-Money Laundering Investigations Requisition ID : 19000513 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Risk Management Work Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto-483...
Senior Consultant, Business Effectiveness Requisition ID : 19001029 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Process Engineering Work Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto-483 Bay...
Program Manager Requisition ID : 19001375 Position Type: Temporary Position Status: Full...
Financial Planning Associate -GTA Requisition ID : 19000119 Position Type: Regular Position...
Analyst, Fund & Investment Governance Requisition ID : 19000605 Position Type: Regular Position...
Senior Project Manager, HR Strategic Initiatives Requisition ID : 19001226 Position...
Senior Manager, Anti-Money Laundering Investigations Requisition ID : 19000513 Position...
Senior Consultant, Business Effectiveness Requisition ID : 19001029 Position...