Education and Experience
- Completion of a University Degree in Human Resources Management or related field plus five (5) to
seven (7) years of human resource management experience in a large, complex unionized
environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Health care experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to foster effective working relationships, both internal and external, at all levels.
- Ability to lead change and manage conflict.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of team.
- Knowledge of current employment and labour acts and regulations and collective agreements.
- Knowledge of human resources best practices.
- Ability to problem solve complex issues towards creative solutions.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities or unforeseen opportunities.
- Ability to make fair and consistent decisions.
- Ability to supervise staff.
- Ability to provide leadership, guidance and direction to others including managers and staff.
- Ability to balance multiple activities concurrently.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment including computer software applications.
- Knowledge of current health care issues and trends desirable.
- Effective mediation and facilitation skills desirable.
View Terrace Community
FUNCTION: The Director of Leisure Services is responsible to the Council of the City of Terrace, under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, for the supervision, direction, and...
FUNCTION: The Director of Leisure Services is responsible to the Council of the City of Terrace,...