Competition No.: 18/008
Division: Parks & Environmental Services (Facilities Management & Engineering Services)
Salary: $88,447 - $104,056 per annum (2016 rates)
Status: Exempt Management
This position is responsible for the direction and supervision of the facilities management section including managing of multiple facilities projects and capital upgrades to ensure program and fiscal goals are met. Manages operating budgets and capital plans.
Key Accountabilities / Position Outcomes:
- Oversees, directs and supervises the operation, maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment ensuring all are maintained effectively and in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Ensures policies, processes and systems are in place to support the facilities maintenance function.
- Plays a key role in managing multiple facilities projects and capital upgrades to ensure program and fiscal goals are met.
- Ensures customer service expectations of the Facilities Management group are met.
- Manages the Facilities Management operating budgets and the five year capital plans
- Manages the Asset Management program for CRD facilities.
- Monitors and updates lease agreements with tenants.
- Manages and reports on relevant and current capital projects at CRD facilities.
- Monitor and recommends strategies for improvement in energy performance of CRD facilities
- Manages the effectiveness of mechanical and electrical systems at CRD facilities.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations on facility adaptations for climate change.
- Manages space utilization and changes at CRD Fisgard and other facilities as required
- Plans and oversees the management of the work order backlog and work planning process.
- Evaluates and reports on Key Performance Indicators for the Facilities Management group.
- Oversees the procurement process within the Facilities Management group.
- Monitors the quality assurance processes for the Facilities Management group.
- Uses leadership, coaching and employee development practices to create a highly engaged team of staff.
Technical diploma or degree and a minimum of 5-7 years management experience in facilities management including experience in electrical, mechanical and/or construction fields. Experience with managing capital projects and leading staff is required, along with experience working with a computerized maintenance management system.
Role specific knowledge, skills and abilities
- Ability to develop and maintain a comprehensive maintenance program, including training staff and establishing and maintaining a preventative maintenance program.
- Ability to lead and develop staff and manage human resource issues proactively.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- A valid BC Driver’s License is required.
Resumes with covering letter quoting competition number18/008
will be received in the Human Resources Department, Capital Regional District. Please apply online atwww.crd.bc.ca
, “Careers”. Applications may also be received at the Human Resources Department, Capital Regional District, PO Box 1000, 625 Fisgard Street, Victoria, BC, V8W 2S6, fax (250) 360-3076.
Review of applications will commence on January 30, 2018 but the competition will remain open until the position is filled.
The Capital Regional District wishes to thank you for your interest and advises that only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.
Appendix – Leadership Profile
CRD Leaders are champions for creating an accountable, high performance, service oriented organization that makes a difference in our community. They pay attention to shifts and trends in an ever-changing and complex environment and think strategically to serve residents, businesses and local governments today while developing a sustainable organization for the future.
Leadership Summary: (L2)
Leaders at this level generally manage professional employees and/or supervisors, developing plans and coordinating resources to meet the operational objectives of the work group. They manage financial resources and uses in-depth expertise in own field to resolve operational problems, improve effectiveness, and implement the functional strategies of the work unit.
CRD Leadership Competencies:
While CRD Leaders are accountable to all Leadership Competencies, the following have particular relevance to this position:
Is Accountable for Results
Aligns the people, resources and systems necessary to deliver business results, including:
- Takes personal accountability for actions and outcomes in own area of responsibility
- Delegates appropriately to achieve results
- Empowers others to be accountable by setting clear outcomes, checking-in regularly, and providing mentoring to ensure goals are met
- Celebrates individuals/teams successfully delivering outcomes
Maintains a focus on service (internal and external) including:
- Solicits information and feedback from clients and uses it to continually improve service
- Ensures decisions and changes align with our core business and serve the client
- Models a personal commitment to making a difference for clients
- Empowers employees to be accountable by removing barriers to service
- Recognizes and rewards employees for finding ways to improve service
Fosters innovation at all levels of the organization to serve the public in new and better ways, including:
- Creates a safe environment for learning and experimentation
- Highlights and celebrates innovation throughout the CRD
- Values the learning gained from unsuccessful ventures
- Approaches new ideas with a respect for and understanding of historical practice
Develops organizational talent by engaging others in learning and growth opportunities, including:
- Uses a variety of formal and informal learning opportunities to get the most out of training and development budgets.
- Assigns challenging work that engages employees and prepares them for future success in the organization
- Supports others’ learning by setting clear goals, securing required resources and providing mentoring and coaching
- Assigns high performers to mentor, coach and teach others
Apply for this Position
What is the opportunity? As Premier Banking Advisor, you will deliver an exceptional High Net Worth (HNW) client experience by providing simple banking and credit solutions to HNW Wealth...
<< Back to Job Openings Deputy Program Manager - Submarines Company: Victoria Shipyards Company - Location: Victoria Shipyards - Victoria,BC Description The Deputy Program Manager, Submarines...
THE OPPORTUNITY IS HERE! Territory Manager-Prince George, BC-18018606 Job Function : Sales Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Victoria Schedule : Full-time Job Type : Permanent Posting...
THE OPPORTUNITY IS HERE! Territory Manager-Comox/Courtenay, BC-18018608 Job Function : Sales Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Victoria Schedule : Full-time Job Type : Permanent Posting...
<< Back to Job Openings Welding Superintendent Company: Victoria Shipyards Company - Location: Victoria Shipyards - Victoria,BC Description The Welding Superintendent is responsible for ensuring...
Infusion Nurse (RPN/LPN) - 00001S80 Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At Innomar Strategies, a company of AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is...
What is the opportunity? As Premier Banking Advisor, you will deliver an exceptional High Net...
<< Back to Job Openings Deputy Program Manager - Submarines Company: Victoria Shipyards Company...
THE OPPORTUNITY IS HERE! Territory Manager-Prince George, BC-18018606 Job...
THE OPPORTUNITY IS HERE! Territory Manager-Comox/Courtenay, BC-18018608 Job...
<< Back to Job Openings Welding Superintendent Company: Victoria Shipyards Company -...
Infusion Nurse (RPN/LPN) - 00001S80 Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At...