BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO is seeking a leader for its national Cybersecurity Practice.
The Cybersecurity helps businesses develop, assess and implement Information Systems strategies, architectures and mechanisms. Candidates must have relevant experience in IT security operations and / or management consulting. The chosen collaborator will ensure the development of the partnerships, expertise and Cybersecurity Advisory Services at BDO. He or she will be involved in advisory mandates for clients of all sizes in a variety of industries such as financial institutions, retail, public services, transportation, etc.
Candidates will have excellent written and spoken communication abilities, proven leadership qualities and exceptional capacity to understand our clients’ needs. We are looking for team oriented people with strong professional ethics. Our very broad range of clients allows us to offer stimulating and interesting jobs.
The position can be fulfilled in the following locations: Montréal, Québec City, Ottawa or Toronto.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Develop new cybersecurity service offers with our cybersecurity allied firms;
- Combine cybersecurity resources and expertise at national level and establish relations with partners of the different Canadian geographical areas;
- Supervise /manage the execution of cybersecurity mandates (in collaboration with our cybersecurity allied firms), including:
- Evaluate IT security postures and architectures;
- Develop IT security improvement programs;
- Assess security configurations for firewalls, databases, servers, work stations;
- Develop IT strategies and recovery plans in the event of a disaster;
- Manage the performance of penetration tests or “red teaming” at web application level, on infrastructures, networks (internal/external), physical security, wireless technologies;
- Intervene in IT internal audit mandates as a cybersecurity expert;
- Develop methods and processes for security development in business solutions;
- Review and write up security policies, guidelines, standards and procedures;
- Recruit a team of cybersecurity strategists across the country to develop and deliver cybersecurity services.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience in IT security for a consulting firm or in an IT management position;
- Bachelors or Masters in computer science or Information System Security;
- Knowledge of main best practices frameworks and references: OWASP, OSSTMM, etc.;
- Experience or specialization in information systems security an asset;
- Hold CISSP, CEH, SANS GIAC certification or equivalent an asset;
- Knowledge of ISO27000, Cobit, ITIL standards and frameworks an asset;
- Bilingual French and English - written and spoken - is essential;
- Excellent analytical capacity;
- Dynamic and self-directed;
- Curiosity and well-informed of later trends;
- Excellent written and spoken communication qualities is essential;
- Will be required to travel. "One firm engaged in making a difference through building strong relationships with our people, our clients and our communities."
At BDO we create opportunities for our employees while providing an exciting environment promoting work and experience diversity. Our employees may participate at many work aspects and communicate with our partners, which accessible to our staff and clients, reinforcing our common vision of One BDO for all.
Information Security Incident Manager - 26309 Profession : Service Design & Development Work Location : Americas-Canada-Montreal Schedule :Full-time Description Information Security Incident...
Customer Service Engineer Our client is a global company in the cybersecurity field providing privilege access management software solutions for large and medium-sized enterprises, public...
IT Intern ( Job Number: ITI-061117-005-FS) REPORT TO Head of Software Security Assurance MISSION AND OBJECTIVES The principle objective of this position is to provide project management part of...
Team Leader - Customer Service Engineer Our client is a global company in the cybersecurity field providing privilege access management software solutions for large and medium-sized enterprises,...
Games Store Forums Support Ubisoft Club Ubiblog Community Overview Press Investors START-UPS Company Ubisoft Experience Grads & Interns Search for Jobs Our...
Lead, Network Security Infrastructure 3113621 Job Number: 3113621 Posting Date : Jun 29, 2018 Primary Location : Americas-Canada-Quebec-Montreal Education Level: Bachelor's...
Information Security Incident Manager - 26309 Profession : Service Design & Development Work...
Customer Service Engineer Our client is a global company in the cybersecurity field providing...
IT Intern ( Job Number: ITI-061117-005-FS) REPORT TO Head of Software Security Assurance MISSION...
Team Leader - Customer Service Engineer Our client is a global company in the cybersecurity...
Games Store Forums Support Ubisoft...
Lead, Network Security Infrastructure 3113621 Job Number: 3113621 Posting Date : Jun 29,...