BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO is seeking a leader for its national Cybersecurity Practice.
The Cybersecurity helps businesses develop, assess and implement Information Systems strategies, architectures and mechanisms. Candidates must have relevant experience in IT security operations and / or management consulting. The chosen collaborator will ensure the development of the partnerships, expertise and Cybersecurity Advisory Services at BDO. He or she will be involved in advisory mandates for clients of all sizes in a variety of industries such as financial institutions, retail, public services, transportation, etc.
Candidates will have excellent written and spoken communication abilities, proven leadership qualities and exceptional capacity to understand our clients’ needs. We are looking for team oriented people with strong professional ethics. Our very broad range of clients allows us to offer stimulating and interesting jobs.
The position can be fulfilled in the following locations: Montréal, Québec City, Ottawa or Toronto.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Develop new cybersecurity service offers with our cybersecurity allied firms;
- Combine cybersecurity resources and expertise at national level and establish relations with partners of the different Canadian geographical areas;
- Supervise /manage the execution of cybersecurity mandates (in collaboration with our cybersecurity allied firms), including:
- Evaluate IT security postures and architectures;
- Develop IT security improvement programs;
- Assess security configurations for firewalls, databases, servers, work stations;
- Develop IT strategies and recovery plans in the event of a disaster;
- Manage the performance of penetration tests or “red teaming” at web application level, on infrastructures, networks (internal/external), physical security, wireless technologies;
- Intervene in IT internal audit mandates as a cybersecurity expert;
- Develop methods and processes for security development in business solutions;
- Review and write up security policies, guidelines, standards and procedures;
- Recruit a team of cybersecurity strategists across the country to develop and deliver cybersecurity services.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience in IT security for a consulting firm or in an IT management position;
- Bachelors or Masters in computer science or Information System Security;
- Knowledge of main best practices frameworks and references: OWASP, OSSTMM, etc.;
- Experience or specialization in information systems security an asset;
- Hold CISSP, CEH, SANS GIAC certification or equivalent an asset;
- Knowledge of ISO27000, Cobit, ITIL standards and frameworks an asset;
- Bilingual French and English - written and spoken - is essential;
- Excellent analytical capacity;
- Dynamic and self-directed;
- Curiosity and well-informed of later trends;
- Excellent written and spoken communication qualities is essential;
- Will be required to travel. "One firm engaged in making a difference through building strong relationships with our people, our clients and our communities."
At BDO we create opportunities for our employees while providing an exciting environment promoting work and experience diversity. Our employees may participate at many work aspects and communicate with our partners, which accessible to our staff and clients, reinforcing our common vision of One BDO for all.
Job Description Cybersecurity is one of the most critical issues of our generation. No other company has the powerful combination of talent, industry-leading security technology, global reach and...
SW Analyst Coop (Test Automation) - 1804209 Internship / Placement - Full-time Job Family 06 - R&D : Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Primary Location CA-Ontario-Toronto Job Posting 27-Mar-2018,...
Incident Responses Analyst Position Summary: As an Incident Response Analyst at Equifax, you will provide incident response and analytic capabilities to an enterprise wide cybersecurity program....
Join our team of Allied Health professionals and improve patient outcomes here at Humber River Hospital. At Humber River Hospital the Allied Health team plays a pivotal role delivering diagnostic,...
Security Investigator, Risk Intelligence and Investigation - Canadian Tire - Toronto, Canadian Tire, 17 daysSecurity Investigator, Risk Intelligence and Investigation - Canadian Tire - Toronto - C04OIY Reporting to the Manager of Risk, Intelligence and Investigations, this position is responsible for...
Technical Site Support Software Specialist - VOBC - R0021274 Regular Employment - Full-time Job Family 06 - R&D : Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Primary Location CA-Ontario-Toronto Job...
Job Description Cybersecurity is one of the most critical issues of our generation. No other...
SW Analyst Coop (Test Automation) - 1804209 Internship / Placement - Full-time Job Family 06 -...
Incident Responses Analyst Position Summary: As an Incident Response Analyst at Equifax, you...
Join our team of Allied Health professionals and improve patient outcomes here at Humber River...
Security Investigator, Risk Intelligence and Investigation - Canadian Tire - Toronto, Canadian Tire, 17 daysSecurity Investigator, Risk Intelligence and Investigation - Canadian Tire -...
Technical Site Support Software Specialist - VOBC - R0021274 Regular Employment - Full-time Job...