BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO is seeking a leader for its national Cybersecurity Practice.
The Cybersecurity helps businesses develop, assess and implement Information Systems strategies, architectures and mechanisms. Candidates must have relevant experience in IT security operations and / or management consulting. The chosen collaborator will ensure the development of the partnerships, expertise and Cybersecurity Advisory Services at BDO. He or she will be involved in advisory mandates for clients of all sizes in a variety of industries such as financial institutions, retail, public services, transportation, etc.
Candidates will have excellent written and spoken communication abilities, proven leadership qualities and exceptional capacity to understand our clients’ needs. We are looking for team oriented people with strong professional ethics. Our very broad range of clients allows us to offer stimulating and interesting jobs.
The position can be fulfilled in the following locations: Montréal, Québec City, Ottawa or Toronto.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Develop new cybersecurity service offers with our cybersecurity allied firms;
- Combine cybersecurity resources and expertise at national level and establish relations with partners of the different Canadian geographical areas;
- Supervise /manage the execution of cybersecurity mandates (in collaboration with our cybersecurity allied firms), including:
- Evaluate IT security postures and architectures;
- Develop IT security improvement programs;
- Assess security configurations for firewalls, databases, servers, work stations;
- Develop IT strategies and recovery plans in the event of a disaster;
- Manage the performance of penetration tests or “red teaming” at web application level, on infrastructures, networks (internal/external), physical security, wireless technologies;
- Intervene in IT internal audit mandates as a cybersecurity expert;
- Develop methods and processes for security development in business solutions;
- Review and write up security policies, guidelines, standards and procedures;
- Recruit a team of cybersecurity strategists across the country to develop and deliver cybersecurity services.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience in IT security for a consulting firm or in an IT management position;
- Bachelors or Masters in computer science or Information System Security;
- Knowledge of main best practices frameworks and references: OWASP, OSSTMM, etc.;
- Experience or specialization in information systems security an asset;
- Hold CISSP, CEH, SANS GIAC certification or equivalent an asset;
- Knowledge of ISO27000, Cobit, ITIL standards and frameworks an asset;
- Bilingual French and English - written and spoken - is essential;
- Excellent analytical capacity;
- Dynamic and self-directed;
- Curiosity and well-informed of later trends;
- Excellent written and spoken communication qualities is essential;
- Will be required to travel. "One firm engaged in making a difference through building strong relationships with our people, our clients and our communities."
At BDO we create opportunities for our employees while providing an exciting environment promoting work and experience diversity. Our employees may participate at many work aspects and communicate with our partners, which accessible to our staff and clients, reinforcing our common vision of One BDO for all.
Intermediate Technical Analyst/Windows server patching - (18006163) Description McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of...
Category:Infrastructure/Cloud City: Montréal, Quebec, Canada Employment Type: Full Time Position Description: The role is to be part of a team that provides a 24x7 first point of contact for...
Senior Analyst - Information Security (MTIS) - MON05147 Job Family Information Technology Primary Location Montreal Position Language Requirement Bilingual (English / French) Language Skill...
Human Resources Advisor Montreal, QC Your Contribution: Grow your career with a company that shares your passion. Sodexo is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the role of Human Resources...
Deskside Support Analyst - Intermediate - (18007805) Description McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At...
Req Id: 207083 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential. To ensure we...
Intermediate Technical Analyst/Windows server patching - (18006163) Description McKesson is in...
Category:Infrastructure/Cloud City: Montréal, Quebec, Canada Employment Type: Full Time Position...
Senior Analyst - Information Security (MTIS) - MON05147 Job Family Information...
Human Resources Advisor Montreal, QC Your Contribution: Grow your career with a company that...
Deskside Support Analyst - Intermediate - (18007805) Description McKesson is in the business of...
Req Id: 207083 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined...