Job Posting 867288
Position: Manager, Business Operations
Site: The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation (700 University Avenue, 4th Floor)
Status: Temporary Full-time (12-month contract)
Do you want to be part of a bold, daring, and ambitious team that will Conquer Cancer In Our Lifetime?
As one of the world’s leading cancer charities, The PMCF raises funds for Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, one of the top 5 cancer research centres in the world, to deliver future care now.
For more than a decade, The PMCF has been on an aggressive growth trajectory. Setting daring and audacious goals is a mindset that is driven by our culture and passion to perform. We have pioneered many successful fundraising programs, including our world-leading Princess Margaret Home Lottery, and some of the world’s largest cancer fundraising events. The foundation’s vision, which will be your vision, is to Conquer Cancer in Our Lifetime.
The Princess Margaret is a proud member of University Health Network, Canada’s largest research hospital network, which also includes Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto Rehab Institute and The Michener Institute for Education.
About the Role
The Manager of Business Operations will manage a team of 3 to 5 individuals responsible for data entry of fundraising related data in an accurate and efficient manner. This is a temporary, full-time position that will report to the Director of Business Operations. This individual is able to resolve complex issues in real-time and prevent these same issues from reoccurring while drawing on Lean business practices to improve our processes and operations.
What you will be doing
- Lead a team of 3 to 5 individuals responsible for data processing to ensure the timely, effective (accurate) and efficient entry of business data into business system
- Work with key business stakeholders to define high quality, efficient and effective processes and procedures for handling all gifts and donations into the foundation’s operating platforms
- Works with the IT Function to define new ways to automate existing manual processes thereby supporting the objective of driving improvements in service levels with superior quality at a reduce operating cost.
- Collaborate with various departments to develop, manage and sustain processes to maintain accurate CRM data from donors and vendors
- Leveraging your data analytic skills to guide new ways of operating efficiently and effectively.
- Proactively detect database issues and manage corrections. Has strong problem determination skills to both address the immediate issue, as well as identifies better ways to operate in order to prevent recurrence of issues.
- Establish programs to secure data from anomalies that skew results
- An undergraduate degree in Engineering or Business Administration
- 2+ years of experience leading an operations function
- Experience with documenting process flows in Microsoft Visio
- Ability to identify, analyze, and improve business processes to eliminate bottlenecks
- Experience using quality improvement methodology (such as Lean Six Sigma) to lead improvement projects
- Strong problem solving skills, using key operational metrics to guide decision making
- Innovative, not afraid to challenge the status quo, and comfortable managing change
- Experience with CRM platforms such as Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce is an asset
Why work with us?
- Experience a sense of purpose that you won’t get anywhere else, in any other job. You will be making a difference for millions of people impacted by cancer
- We have an open and approachable culture that enables you to bring your best ideas forward
- We will invest in your growth through ongoing learning opportunities and individual development planning
- We offer flexible working arrangements to support your need to balance life at work and at home
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: November 20, 2020 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Tracking Code 1087-489 Job Description AFEX is a trusted global payment and risk management solutions specialist with a heritage that dates back to 1979. We offer a comprehensive range of global...
£82,000 - £85,000 per annum Toronto , Canada Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now Sheridan Maine are delighted to be appointed on an exclusively retained basis, to...
Close Director, Commercialization Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Director Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Project Management Years Experience: 6-8...
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation...
Dynamics NAV Developer - Toronto, ON - $55k + Remote A Dynamics NAV end user is seeking a Developer to help lead technical support and customization of an expanding ERP operation. Due to continued...
NAV (BC) Manufacturing Consultant- Toronto, Ontario- $80k Microsoft Dynamics Business Central Manufacturing Consultant is primarily responsible for ERP implementation and training our Microsoft...
Tracking Code 1087-489 Job Description AFEX is a trusted global payment and risk management...
£82,000 - £85,000 per annum Toronto , Canada Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten...
Close Director, Commercialization Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+...
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants...
Dynamics NAV Developer - Toronto, ON - $55k + Remote A Dynamics NAV end user is seeking a...
NAV (BC) Manufacturing Consultant- Toronto, Ontario- $80k Microsoft Dynamics Business Central...