Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years)
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Industry: Packaged Goods
Job Category: Manufacturing,Engineering,Maintenance
Years Experience: 4-6 Years
Job Type: Full-time
Posting Date: October 14, 2020
Share this job:
The Technicians are system experts in their assigned area, and are highly functional in multiple areas. The Technicians must also ensure efficiency, operational conformance, product quality and continuous improvement. Functions as a member of a maintenance area team which is directly responsible for the efficient maintenance of a group of assets to a baseline state. Effectively troubleshoot operate/change over specified machinery in the assigned area. This job requires strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills to support site objectives.
- Responsible for plant reliability in designated area of the plant; equipment downtime, execution of permanent repairs and preventative maintenance, complicated changeovers, and significant improvement of area, backup for Reliability Leader and maximizes overall area and plant performance through reliability;
- Perform all complex troubleshooting and repairs to minimize downtime in designated area of plant
- Ownership for all technical changeover procedures and effectiveness; completes complicated changeovers within scheduled timeframe
- Notifies Maintenance Leader of potential upgrades and modifications
- Fluent in CMMS – add and complete work orders through CMMS providing adequate detail and follow-up
- Recommend and implement improvements for recurring reliability issues in Area
- Attend and participate in all maintenance planning and daily downtime meetings
- Provides training for operators in optimal changeover procedures, proper PM and work order completion
- Every associate at Mars has responsibility for the achievement of quality and food safety.
Key Lateral Responsibilities
- Shift Team
- Maintenance Team
Key Critical Competencies (Functional or Leadership)
- Electrical and/or Mechanical aptitude
- Strong leadership
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Conflict management
Key Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum Secondary School diploma and Post Secondary Education in a technical field
- Recognized trade certificate/license (mechanical)
- Safe work practices with equipment, materials, automation, etc.
- Proven ability to optimize equipment to meet or exceed product specifications, schedule, and planned rates
- Strong technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of food safety, HACCP, ISO, materials conversion
Critical Learning Experiences
- 5-10 years of manufacturing experience as licensed millwright with significant understanding manufacturing operations
- Demonstrated ability to continuously improve an area/equipment operation
Mars is a family-owned business with more than $35 billion in global sales. We produce some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’sÂ®, SNICKERSÂ®, TWIXÂ®, MILKY WAYÂ®, DOVEÂ®, PEDIGREEÂ®, ROYAL CANINÂ®, WHISKASÂ®, EXTRAÂ®, ORBITÂ®, 5â„¢, SKITTLESÂ®, UNCLE BEN’SÂ®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIAÂ®. Alongside our consumer brands, we proudly take care of half of the world’s pets through our nutrition, health and services businesses such as Banfield Pet Hospitalsâ„¢, BluePearlÂ®, Linnaeus, AniCura, VCAâ„¢ and Pet Partnersâ„¢. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire our 125,000 Associates into taking action every day towards creating the world we want tomorrow.
Learn More about Mars Canada Inc.
See all Mars Canada Inc. job postings
Setup a Career Alert for similar jobs
Send to a friend
Share this job:
Industrial Electrician Description: The position of Industrial Electrician reports to the Maintenance Manager. The job holder will be responsible for implementing preventative/predictive...
2 years Manufacturing Engineer experience Experience in food manufacturing and asset Kelly Services is proud to offer a Manufacturing / Production Engineer position in the Hamilton area within a...
Reports to: Sr. Graphic Specialist Supervisor Position Summary: The purpose of the Customer Service Representative Enhanced – Prepress role is be a point of contact between our customers and...
Job Location Brampton, Ontario CA Address 35 Precidio Ct (Brampton), Ontario L6S6B7 Job Category Marketing & Business Development ABOUT US (AND OUR EXCITING FUTURE) Menasha Corporation is all...
Future Accounting Roles in the Halton/Peel Region Temporary Opportunities Are you looking to get further experience within the accounting field? Kelly is looking for individuals within the Halton...
JOB POSTING #867296 Position: Registered Massage Therapist Department: Altum Health Site: Brampton Reports to: Site Manager Status: Independent Contractor (Temporary Part-time – 12 Months) Altum...
Industrial Electrician Description: The position of Industrial Electrician reports to the...
2 years Manufacturing Engineer experience Experience in food manufacturing and asset Kelly...
Reports to: Sr. Graphic Specialist Supervisor Position Summary: The purpose of the Customer...
Job Location Brampton, Ontario CA Address 35 Precidio Ct (Brampton), Ontario L6S6B7 Job...
Future Accounting Roles in the Halton/Peel Region Temporary Opportunities Are you looking to get...
JOB POSTING #867296 Position: Registered Massage Therapist Department: Altum Health Site:...