Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years)
Career Level: Manager
Industry: Packaged Goods
Job Category: Manufacturing,Maintenance
Years Experience: 2-4 Years
Job Type: Full-time
Posting Date: September 17, 2018
Share this job:
Considering a Career at
Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
The Maintenance Supervisor or ReliabilityTeam Leaderreports to the Maintenance Manager. Working closely with other team members, theReliability Team Leaderstrives to maximize facility up time and daily production, while ensuring that all facility equipment is properly maintained through the application of the proper maintenance tactics. Experienced with Six Sigma and RCM, this is a “hands-on” supervisory position which is relied upon to lead tradespeople to excellence in maintenance and the achievement of world class results.
- Manage, motivate, develop and provide direct leadership to maintenance staff;
- Supervise repairs carried out by maintenance staff and/or Contractors;
- Evaluate incoming work notifications and, when warranted, generate and prioritize a work order to cover the work;
- Assist with the implementation of capital projects;
- Ensure that all maintenance work is captured on work orders and entered into the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS);
- Ensure that all scheduled work orders are completed in the allocated time;
- Review completed work orders for correctness and completeness;
- Perform periodic inspections of recently maintained equipment so as to observe the quality of the maintenance performed and the operating condition of the equipment;
- Liaise with Engineering and Operations on matters relating to equipment maintenance and availability;
- Provide guidance to the Planner/Scheduler when approving, prioritizing and estimating work, and technical assistance when developing job plans;
- Participate in various production meetings, KPI review meetings, and pre- and post-maintenance schedule review meetings,
- Assist with the identification of root causes following equipment failures and development of new maintenance tasks to eliminate them in the future;
- Ensure compliance with BRC and CFIA requirements as it relates to food safety and ensure that corrective action requests are dealt with in an effective and timely manner;
- Ensure compliance with all applicable provincial and federal labour regulations and adhere to the terms and conditions specified in the appropriate collective bargaining agreements;
- Demonstrate an active involvement/commitment to a progressive health and safety program and food safety program;
- Provide temporary backup for the Maintenance Manager when necessary; and other responsibilities as required.
PREFERRED HIRING CRITERIA:
The successful candidate will be results-oriented, thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment, and have the ability to develop positive working relationships with all employees. Candidates must have:
- Manufacturing environment and have 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience in a unionized environment;
- Familiar with the concept of world class maintenance and best practices;
- Aware of Six Sigma, RCM and autonomous maintenance principles;
- A College graduate from an electro-mechanical program or a licensed tradesperson with related experience;
- Conversant in preventive and predictive maintenance tactics;
- Willing and flexible to work shifts as and when required;
- Comfortable using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), SAP-PM preferably;
- Recognized for their ability to troubleshoot and demonstrated organizational skills;
- Strong interpersonal communication and leadership skills;
- Experience in a food processing or manufacturing environment would be an asset.
- Knowledge of ammonia-based plant refrigeration systems and their operation;
- Able to manage maintenance and maintenance resources effectively through the use of key performance indicators and benchmarking; and
- Proven record for identifying reliability issues and participation implementing improvement strategies.
Highly desirable but optional qualifications include:
- Knowledge and experience with HACCP; and
- Membership in PEMAC or any other professional maintenance association, with or without an MMP designation.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment
opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an
interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check
and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.
Learn More about Maple Leaf Foods Inc.
See all Maple Leaf Foods Inc. job postings
Setup a Career Alert for similar jobs
Send to a friend
Share this job:
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange....
Manager, Regulatory Affairs - 00001SLS Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At Innomar Strategies, a company of AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is...
Harvey's is looking for experienced Kitchen help for our Burlington location At Harvey's, we deliver delicious “home-made” food, made fresh, in-house just for you. Our atmosphere is warm,...
Reporting To: Field Service Supervisor Do you have high integrity and strong work ethic? We are seeking a diligent Preventative Maintenance Technician to maintain dependable, ongoing customer...
Organization Overview Aecon Construction Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private...
The Pickle Barrel began with a mission. We believed that amazing dining experiences didn’t need to be elitist, so we began a restaurant that combined ‘quality’ with ‘incredible value’. Today we...
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and...
Manager, Regulatory Affairs - 00001SLS Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s...
Harvey's is looking for experienced Kitchen help for our Burlington location At Harvey's, we...
Reporting To: Field Service Supervisor Do you have high integrity and strong work ethic? We are...
Organization Overview Aecon Construction Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded...
The Pickle Barrel began with a mission. We believed that amazing dining experiences didn’t need...